[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Olympics

Outshined

Curling for me as well. I curled against Shuster when he was a kid and he was pretty good then. Benton is a member at the St. Paul Curling Club. From the women's team, Allison Pottinger also is from St. Paul and I've curled against her in the past. Looking forward to seeing how those teams do.

And of course I'll be watching hockey.

I'll with the local kid, Apollo. I'll watch some hockey. I like the ski jumping. Bobsled, luge and skeleton are pretty cool.

I don't really care for the skiing or snowbarding for the most part. The skeet one is pretty cool. I do prefer the summer games, but there are always a few stories in the winter games that end up sucking you in. Heck, there is sports on 24/7 so I'll end up watching my fare share.

Turned into a curling fan last olympics. Looking to expand on that!

Curling for me as well. I curled against Shuster when he was a kid and he was pretty good then. Benton is a member at the St. Paul Curling Club. From the women's team, Allison Pottinger also is from St. Paul and I've curled against her in the past. Looking forward to seeing how those teams do.

And of course I'll be watching hockey.

That is fun to watch - that will be on my list of games to watch.

Wow ..... USA and Canada ..... one of the greatest hockey game's I have ever seen. Could we be experiencing 1980 all over again?! Go USA!!

Yeah, lots of similarities there. :wacko: And if that game last night was one of the best you've ever seen, you've probably watched a total of 3 hockey games in your life. :D

USA was thoroughly outplayed, Miller stood on his head, and they stole one and now get extra rest which is hugh. They're going to need to play a lot better to advance though. Between Russia, Canada, the Czechs, the U.S., and the Swedes, any one of them can beat the other. Should be an interesting playoffs. Olympic Hockey is very cool. :D

Yeah, lots of similarities there. :wacko: And if that game last night was one of the best you've ever seen, you've probably watched a total of 3 hockey games in your life. :D

USA was thoroughly outplayed, Miller stood on his head, and they stole one and now get extra rest which is hugh. They're going to need to play a lot better to advance though. Between Russia, Canada, the Czechs, the U.S., and the Swedes, any one of them can beat the other. Should be an interesting playoffs. Olympic Hockey is very cool. :D

We were out and about and I didn't get home until well into the game. Turned it on with like 15 minutes to go and the US up by 1. We were actually on our way to bed and I remember saying, "Wow, looks like the US is up. I'm just going to catch the last 15 minutes of the game." Saw more hockey in those 15 minutes than you'd be happy to catch in an entire game.

What amazes me is how people (TV and radio) are glossing over the last goal, "And then the US added an empty netter." As if that play was even close to routine. Besides being huge because the US was hanging on for dear life and I would have been less surprised to see Canada put another one in than I was that they didn't, the play itself was freaking amazing. US totally back on their heels, Canada just keeping it in the zone for an eternity, then they finally get it out and dude reaches around the defender and pokes it barely inside the pipe. Effing awesome.

Freaking awesome game. On another note, what an advantage Canada must have to basically have the Sharks starting front line as their starting front line. Everyone else is just thrown together and are getting used to each other on the fly and these guys play together all the time.

We were out and about and I didn't get home until well into the game. Turned it on with like 15 minutes to go and the US up by 1. We were actually on our way to bed and I remember saying, "Wow, looks like the US is up. I'm just going to catch the last 15 minutes of the game." Saw more hockey in those 15 minutes than you'd be happy to catch in an entire game.

What amazes me is how people (TV and radio) are glossing over the last goal, "And then the US added an empty netter." As if that play was even close to routine. Besides being huge because the US was hanging on for dear life and I would have been less surprised to see Canada put another one in than I was that they didn't, the play itself was freaking amazing. US totally back on their heels, Canada just keeping it in the zone for an eternity, then they finally get it out and dude reaches around the defender and pokes it barely inside the pipe. Effing awesome.

Freaking awesome game. On another note, what an advantage Canada must have to basically have the Sharks starting front line as their starting front line. Everyone else is just thrown together and are getting used to each other on the fly and these guys play together all the time.

Agreed. Difficult for me to give Kesler anything but contempt most of the time(I hate him and the rest of the punks from the 'Nucks), but that was a hell of a hussle play by him :wacko:

As far as guys playing together all the time, the Sedin Sisters share the same brain so no one has more of an advantage than that :D

Excuse me for sharing my thoughts of one of the best hockey games I have ever seen but it was. And I've seen a few more than 3. :D That WAS a great game and was exciting until the very end. It remided me of the game in Lake Placid as the USA held off the canadiens, shot after shot,in the waning minutes just like the 1980 team did against the russians.

One of my greatest memories was last June when I got to meet Jack Callahan, Dave Silk, Phil Vercotta and Rob McLanahan of the 1980 Olympic team at a charity function at the Tiger Woods Center at crappy shoes from spammers World Headquarters. They held a 90 minute roundtable discussion in front of us and the "behind the scenes" stories they told about their training, Herb Brooks and the event in Lake Placid that night is one I will never forget.

Excuse me for sharing my thoughts of one of the best hockey games I have ever seen but it was. And I've seen a few more than 3. :wacko:

Was just busting your balls. :D

One of my greatest memories was last June when I got to meet Jack Callahan, Dave Silk, Phil Vercotta and Rob McLanahan of the 1980 Olympic team at a charity function at the Tiger Woods Center at crappy shoes from spammers World Headquarters. They held a 90 minute roundtable discussion in front of us and the "behind the scenes" stories they told about their training, Herb Brooks and the event in Lake Placid that night is one I will never forget.

That is flipping awesome! :D