[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fantasy Baseball

The Wolf

OK...I participated in my first ever fantasy baseball season last year. Work league and I was a last minute addition to a team with a colleague. He knew the rules pretty well but has since left. I plan on playing again this year but this time don't have the benefit of his experience. The league definitely has a unique element to it and this is where I could use some help.

It's your basic 5 x 5 roto league, 12 teams, 28 round serpentine draft. But...here's the kicker: it's a modified mixed league. In other words, all AL players are eligible BUT each team can only have 5 NL players on their roster...and only 3 can start.

I am thinking that I really want 2 or maybe even all 3 of my NL players to be pitchers. I do recall last year that NL pitchers (Peavy, Carpenter, etc) were available late. Like round 25 late. Should I stock up on ALers early the take NL pitchers? What about the hitters? Braun, Ramirez, Albert...these are top fantasy players. Do I shy away from them completely?

Thanks for any insight you may be able to provide!

Edited by The Wolf

Wouldn't worry about the first three rounds on which leagues they're coming from--use whatever draft stragedy your implementing and then reevaluate at that time----would think about getting a SS in the first three picks if viable-Ramirez,Tulo,Reyes,Rollins and then cherry pick your cheat sheet for value--also make sure you have a up to date draft sheet of your opponents NL picks

Go to www.mockdraftcentral.com and do some mock drafts on there. Although if you sign up for free it won't have your exact league settings, but getting in mock drafts will give you a good idea of where a lot of players will land. They even have a cheat sheet for you on the site with the top 150 players or something like that. I would suggest doing a few of these before getting into your actual draft...

BTW Peavy is in the AL now and Carpenter won't be there that late this year either.

Edited by That's Gross Man