[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

like groundhog day every time I see this headline

Azazello1313

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sarah Palin because she's really hot and good at foreign policy and stuff.

I really dont know the answer. I am just curious. Did he vote GOP ?

Me - no problem. What would McCain/Palin have done differently and better re the economy? Please elucidate.

You know damn good and well that Sarah Palin with her pugnacious spirit, depth of knowledge, meticulous nature, fiscal wisdom, indepth understanding of global politco-economic history and strong grasp of finance and econometrics would have single handedly turned this great recession into a mere 14 month blip.

McCain would be sitting back taking pictures of he ample and succulent cleavage.

Me - no problem. What would McCain/Palin have done differently and better re the economy? Please elucidate.

:tup:

:wacko:

I'll hughmor you.

1. Not passed the stimulus

2. Not passed Obamacare

3. Not let the Bush tax cuts expire

4. Not passed the Barney Frank financial reform bill

5. Not attempt to bail out the union pension funds

6. Not threaten to use the EPA to impose greenhouse gas restrictions they couldn't get passed in the house or senate

shall I go on?

I'll hughmor you.

2. Not passed Obamacare

6. Not threaten to use the EPA to impose greenhouse gas restrictions they couldn't get passed in the house or senate

shall I go on?

All of which would have led to a more friendly business environment where investors would feel more confident in expanding their businesses or starting new businesses. We wouldn't have all this money sitting on the sidelines trying to figure out how the next expansion of government is going to regulate their industry or when and how much their taxes are going to rise. It would have done away with a ton of government manufactured uncertainty which would have helped the economy.

In fairness, he probably would have gone along with the financial reform bill, but he probably would have made sure it actually went further so that it did away with low down payment loans, and probably would have done something to do away with Fannie and Freddie or at least make them play on the same terms as the rest of the lending institutions instead of giving them favored status to really screw things up even more.

McCain would have been a bad President, though he wouldn't have been as bad as Bush, and no where near as bad as Obama.

Edited by Perchoutofwater

You know damn good and well that Sarah Palin with her pugnacious spirit, depth of knowledge, meticulous nature, fiscal wisdom, indepth understanding of global politco-economic history and strong grasp of finance and econometrics would have single handedly turned this great recession into a mere 14 month blip.

Her opposition to death panels was a deal-breaker.

I'll hughmor you.

2. Not passed Obamacare

shall I go on?

The party of not wouldn't have fixed anything then, eh? Just like the previous 8 years.

I'll hughmor you.

2. Not passed Obamacare

shall I go on?

They wouldn't have bailed out the banks either.

Oh, wait..........

• 4 months later...

How unexpected

Stocks jumped in early trading, after a government report showed that the number of people filing for unemployment benefits dropped unexpectedly last week.

Before the market opened Thursday, the Labor Department said first-time claims for unemployment benefits fell to 368,000. That's the lowest level since May 2008. Economists had expected claims to rise.

How unexpected

Stocks jumped in early trading, after a government report showed that the number of people filing for unemployment benefits dropped unexpectedly last week.

Before the market opened Thursday, the Labor Department said first-time claims for unemployment benefits fell to 368,000. That's the lowest level since May 2008. Economists had expected claims to rise.

Unemployment claims are at an all time high here in GA.

Why do you hate Wiegie?

I :heart: wiegie. Without him, the real business majors wouldn't realize how ridiculous Economists are. I thank him for training people to understand how completely worthless of a profession it really is.

Claims plummeted and the unemployment rate dropped significantly here in liberal anti-business Minnesota.

We're shedding legal workers to hire all the Mexicans that fled AZ. They don't show up in these polls.

January was highest producing job month in 3 years in WA state.

Cool! At least there be some movement in the country.