[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Triple Crown - 2010

gilthorp

So, in earnest, the preps get started today. There have been some races run, and various colts have made a case for themselves. Rule looks like a front running type that romped last week.

Today, we're at the Fountain of Youth, Risen Star, and El Camino Real.

The Hutcheson is a sprint in Gulfstream, but some have taken this as a step towards the Florida Derby.

D'Funnybone goes off as the odds on favorite.

Gets a hot pace, sits in the glory hole for the first half and then takes it with simple ease...under a hand ride until he needed more.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Buddy's Saint goes off as the 8/5 favorite in the Fountain of Youth.

Runs into a ton of early trouble around the first turn, which pretty much kills his run. Honest, but slow fractions for the 1/2. Pletcher's Eskendereya gets the first jump on the turn. And he ROMPS!

Risen Star will have Drosselmeyer go off as the favorite, quite a position for Bill Mott, who doesn't really rush his 3 year olds this early. So, he must either be ready, or this is a clear bet against in this spot. :wacko: wondering if Discreetly Mine makes Pletcher a double winner in less than 20 minutes here.

• 2 weeks later...
Alphies Bet was pretty impressive to my eye today. Curious what the # will be. You catch any races today Gil?

Sorry...I've been out of the country for a bit, and didn't get much to see last week or this week, but Lookin At Lucky is my Derby Horse at this time.

Need to see how this all plays out, but that finish in Tampa Bay today was pretty cool to watch without a betting interest.

Sorry...I've been out of the country for a bit, and didn't get much to see last week or this week, but Lookin At Lucky is my Derby Horse at this time.

Need to see how this all plays out, but that finish in Tampa Bay today was pretty cool to watch without a betting interest.

Lucky looked great today for sure. Long way to go though. The best winners I've seen in the last few weeks are all doing it the same way. Leading or just off with decent splits then pouring it on when asked. Interesting.