Sign in to follow this  
gilthorp

Triple Crown - 2010

So, in earnest, the preps get started today. There have been some races run, and various colts have made a case for themselves. Rule looks like a front running type that romped last week.

Today, we're at the Fountain of Youth, Risen Star, and El Camino Real.

The Hutcheson is a sprint in Gulfstream, but some have taken this as a step towards the Florida Derby.

D'Funnybone goes off as the odds on favorite.

Gets a hot pace, sits in the glory hole for the first half and then takes it with simple ease...under a hand ride until he needed more.

Buddy's Saint goes off as the 8/5 favorite in the Fountain of Youth.

Runs into a ton of early trouble around the first turn, which pretty much kills his run. Honest, but slow fractions for the 1/2. Pletcher's Eskendereya gets the first jump on the turn. And he ROMPS!

Risen Star will have Drosselmeyer go off as the favorite, quite a position for Bill Mott, who doesn't really rush his 3 year olds this early. So, he must either be ready, or this is a clear bet against in this spot. :wacko: wondering if Discreetly Mine makes Pletcher a double winner in less than 20 minutes here.

12 horses go, and Discreetly Mine takes the early lead, again very soft fractions at the quarter, and the half is pedestrian at 48.75...should bode well for Discreetly Mine........simply takes them wire to wire, with ease.

I like Pujols to win it this year.

Don't be such a Dick.

I will be at the Preakness as always, any insite on those races would be greatly appreciated.

running Saturday in the Rebel.

Looks like a good field for the Rebel and excited to see how he fares with Lucky in there.

Looks like a good field for the Rebel and excited to see how he fares with Lucky in there.

I like his chances. Uh Oh Bango too.

Like Oddyseus to upset the Tampa Derby today too.

Alphies Bet was pretty impressive to my eye today. Curious what the # will be. You catch any races today Gil?

Sorry...I've been out of the country for a bit, and didn't get much to see last week or this week, but Lookin At Lucky is my Derby Horse at this time.

Need to see how this all plays out, but that finish in Tampa Bay today was pretty cool to watch without a betting interest.

Sorry...I've been out of the country for a bit, and didn't get much to see last week or this week, but Lookin At Lucky is my Derby Horse at this time.

Need to see how this all plays out, but that finish in Tampa Bay today was pretty cool to watch without a betting interest.

Lucky looked great today for sure. Long way to go though. The best winners I've seen in the last few weeks are all doing it the same way. Leading or just off with decent splits then pouring it on when asked. Interesting.

So with Eskendereya moving on to the Wood, Rule looks like the favorite for the Florida Derby this Saturday.

I like the current odds for Miner's Reserve and/or may include Radiohead in my play.

Edited by justin

So with Eskendereya moving on to the Wood, Rule looks like the favorite for the Florida Derby this Saturday.

I like the current odds for Miner's Reserve and/or may include Radiohead in my play.

Have'nt looked at anything yet for Saturday. Love this time of year. :wacko:

Haven't looked, but I like the move by the owner for Eske...can't bet anything that's going to use the Fl Derby as their last prep.

Haven't looked yet

Focus on Gulfstream.

...can't bet anything that's going to use the Fl Derby as their last prep.

I thought that you like RULE..........