[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Triple Crown - 2010

gilthorp

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bushwhacked in the Lex tomorrow...only because Bushwacked is a member of the Huddle.

No really, has a great shot at good ML odds.

I'm going to try to build a trifecta ticket on this one later tonight.

Edited by gilthorp

Eskendereya OUT of the Derby.

This just adds to the intrigue that will prove to be a fantastic week. Hope he's OK, and they caught it before it became a bad thing, but if he was hot, plus having the front wraps come out during the Wood....never a good sign.

He was part of everyone's big three, with LAL and SC. Strong backers of either of these two are now fully convinced and should double down.

Eskendereya OUT of the Derby.

This just adds to the intrigue that will prove to be a fantastic week. Hope he's OK, and they caught it before it became a bad thing, but if he was hot, plus having the front wraps come out during the Wood....never a good sign.

He was part of everyone's big three, with LAL and SC. Strong backers of either of these two are now fully convinced and should double down.

Feel bad for the connections, hope he's ok.

Feel bad b/c he woulda taken an OBSCENE amount of money and I was'nt playing him.

The draw is out!

Lucky wasn't so lucky, drawing the post. SC on the other end, probably doesn't impact him as much:

1 Lookin At Lucky / Garrett Gomez 3-1

2 Ice Box / Jose Lezcano 10-1

3 Noble's Promise / Willie Martinez 12-1

4 Super Saver / Calvin Borel 15-1

5 Line of David / Rafael Bejarano 30-1

6 Stately Victor / Alan Garcia 30-1

7 American Lion / David Flores 30-1

8 Dean's Kitten / Robby Albarado 50-1

9 Make Music For Me / Joel Rosario 50-1

10 Paddy O'Prado / Kent Desormeaux 20-1

11Devil May Care / John Velazquez 10-1

12 Conveyance / Martin Garcia 12-1

13 Jackson Bend / Mike Smith 15-1

14Mission Impazible / Rajiv Maragh 20-1

15 Discreetly Mine / Javier Castellano 30-1

16 Awesome Act / Julien Leparoux 10-1

17 Dublin / Terry Thompson 12-1

18 Backtalk / Miguel Mena 50-1

19 Homeboykris / Ramon Dominguez 50-1

20 Sidney's Candy / Joe Talamo 5-1

Alright fellas, I need to put together some trifecta & superfecta bets. Every year I do this without much sucess. Any help would be appreciated.

pp's - http://www.drf.com/tc/kentuckyderby/2010/p...2010classic.pdf

DISCLAIMER !! -- I suck picking winners in this race. Big time.

For better or worse, rain or shine I'm unloading the cannon with Sidney's Candy.

Routes are'nt very often wired at Santa Anita. That flatters his last 3 races.

His last beyer came back at 100 FWIW. There's alot of thought that west coast beyers are about 5-6 pts light ALL THE TIME. That puts his at 105-106 for his last race. That towers over these horses.

I'm a believer that horses trying dirt after racing on Pro Ride are very fit and usually run well.

2 works at Churchill; seems to like the track.

I hope he's tracking and blows by on the turn and plays catch me if you can. If he can get 1 mile and a quarter, they won't catch him IMO.

Again, my track record for the KD BLOWS !

FWIW I believe that Churchill will have 50 cent tri's, pick 3's and pick 4's. No 10 cent supers on derby day.

Willl try to add more sometime soon. Busy with work and little league.

Edited by HowboutthemCowboys

*sigh* I'm taking a firm stand against Sidney's Candy. I could be totally wrong, but I'm capping based on speed figs, and his just don't add up to a winner. I don't see it from the 20 hole....he ain't no big brown.

you should'nt "sigh". Taking a stand against my pick in this race over the years would net you money fo sho.

That said, I'm not a hugh "speed fig" guy but I use them with other things to come to a conclusion. I don't understand what's not to like about his #'s. Or I should say, who's are better? :wacko: He ran a 99 last year and is steady or improving # wise since. ( if you toss the allowance with a bad start and a short field).

I'm seeing a handful of horses that have been asked to run fast enough early, faster middle, and still fast late. SC has not done this....he's had his way and he won't have his way on Saturday. I used to use DRF and now I use BRIS. BRIS is giving me early, middle, and late pace numbers, and this has helped me tremendously with horses ability to get fit while they are running, and then I use the breeding angle to determine who should relish the 1 1/4 distance....SC should not relish this extra distance.

With this said, he is fluid, professional, he runs very well. His backers should have nothing but faith. I just don't see it.

The draw is out!

Lucky wasn't so lucky, drawing the post. SC on the other end, probably doesn't impact him as much:

1 Lookin At Lucky / Garrett Gomez 3-1

2 Ice Box / Jose Lezcano 10-1

3 Noble's Promise / Willie Martinez 12-1

4 Super Saver / Calvin Borel 15-1

5 Line of David / Rafael Bejarano 30-1

6 Stately Victor / Alan Garcia 30-1

7 American Lion / David Flores 30-1

8 Dean's Kitten / Robby Albarado 50-1

9 Make Music For Me / Joel Rosario 50-1

10 Paddy O'Prado / Kent Desormeaux 20-1

11Devil May Care / John Velazquez 10-1

12 Conveyance / Martin Garcia 12-1

13 Jackson Bend / Mike Smith 15-1

14Mission Impazible / Rajiv Maragh 20-1

15 Discreetly Mine / Javier Castellano 30-1

16 Awesome Act / Julien Leparoux 10-1

17 Dublin / Terry Thompson 12-1

18 Backtalk / Miguel Mena 50-1

19 Homeboykris / Ramon Dominguez 50-1

20 Sidney's Candy / Joe Talamo 5-1

I don't know much about the derby but with Eskendereya out I thought there would only be 19 horses races with the one scratch. Who took the place and are there 20 horses running tomorrow?

I don't know much about the derby but with Eskendereya out I thought there would only be 19 horses races with the one scratch. Who took the place and are there 20 horses running tomorrow?

There were several horses waiting to get in. I think it was Devil that was able to get in, but I personally wish it would have been Setsuko. He was coming on strong in the Santa Anita.

Many good undercard races between Friday and Saturday.

Rachel just go upset AGAIN. The Zenyata v Rachel showdown is losing some luster.......

The #9 race on Friday has a few Derby runners from last years race, included the then favorite Friesan Fire.

I like Crisp in the Oaks and am looking forward seeing my derby horse pick from last year, Musket Man, exact his revenge on Warrior's Rwd on Saturday's #9 race.

There will be 20 b/c the entries were'nt drawn until wednesda; he was scratched before that.. If anyone scratches after that there would not be replacements. I think Backtalk got in when Esky scratched.