[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Triple Crown - 2010

gilthorp

Looks like they are going to seal the track tonight...expecting so much freakin rain, it's hard to cap. Can't spend all day at the OTB so I can go on the fly.

Really not liking SC tomorrow. Quarter crack or not, the last Candy Ride that was supposed to relish this track, especially in the slop, was Chocolate Candy and he didn't run a lick last year, and didn't run a lick today.

I'm live to 7 horses on the Oaks/Derby double.

Not exactly sure why Super Saver is now the betting favortie - I wasn't hoping for that. Still like Awesome Act, and still like Lookin At Lucky, but not so much in the 1 hole.

I think the filly has a big run in her. She has looked great all week and trained well in the slop, is possibly training better than anyone, and Paddy O'Prado worked great in the slop last week.

American Lion has shown to be one of the better looking colts this past week, but is he good enough? Moves up in the slop.

The most professional looker, just minding his business, taking it all in and looking like he belongs is Mission Impazible.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's going to be a sloppy mess tomorrow. Good luck to everyone.

At this point, and I really surrender...I'm tired.

Super Saver, American Lion, Devil May Care are my three keys.

Will be playing them in exotics with Stately Victor, Mission Impazible, and Awesome Act.

Might be easier just to box all 6 in exacta's and tri's... 4,6,7,11,14,16

Savers will include the two Baffert's with these under and around.

By the way, nearly impossible to cap it this year. Just way too hard. I just hope to cash a few during the day, and will consider myself very lucky to cash the Derby...it doesn't happen often.

keying SC for biggest plays. Also using Stately Victor, American Lion, and longshot special Backtalk.

we'll see how the day goes. If I get really lucky and am playing with house money by the 11th I'll be spread out. If not I'll be screaming for the 20. :wacko:

good luck guys. Hammer 'em.

Edited by HowboutthemCowboys

How have y'all been doing today? I missed most of today but got in to cash a $10 winner on General Quarters.. missed my exacta and tri boxes.. Don't have a clue who I want in the BIG one.. Probably Mission and Awesome in an exacta

I am not pleased. Check out the ride Kent D gave the 10 in the final 16th....killed me.

Yeah....he kept mucking with his goggles...it's a straightaway from there Kent....pay attn! He totally allowed Ice Box to nip him. But in all fairness, Ice Box was closing like a bullet. Kent never saw him. Too busy with his damn goggles....lol.

The problem with such a mucky, sloppy Derby is....we didn't really learn anything about the horses....lol. A dry Preakness and Belmont will be interesting!

I had the 10-4 exacta...ugh. Eh.....not bad for not doing my homework this year. :wacko:

Another nice ride by Calvin...he's got the touch! Love that Crazy Cajn!

I am not pleased. Check out the ride Kent D gave the 10 in the final 16th....killed me.

my wife woulda had the ex had he held onto 2nd. Not sure if he did anything horribly wrong. Maybe shoulda used his left hand? Ice Box was freakin' motoring.

He did take a glance over his shoulder and maybe he thought he was home free, that was before Ice Box was anywhere in sight though.

edit: how in the hell was SS not covered in the pick 6? :wacko:

Edited by HowboutthemCowboys

• 2 weeks later...

Going to concentrate on the undercard tomorrow while at the track, so not a lot of posting abou the Preakness.

The stats are unbelievable as of late about horses that run in the KD compared to new shooters. I think we're looking at one of two horses that can win, SS and LAL. I am all in with LAL on this one. First Dude and Schoolyard Dreams are the two I like that are new and will work those two into some exotics with SS and LAL.

KISS

Going to concentrate on the undercard tomorrow while at the track, so not a lot of posting abou the Preakness.

The stats are unbelievable as of late about horses that run in the KD compared to new shooters. I think we're looking at one of two horses that can win, SS and LAL. I am all in with LAL on this one. First Dude and Schoolyard Dreams are the two I like that are new and will work those two into some exotics with SS and LAL.

KISS

unfotunately for you, we are on the same horse with LAL. :wacko: gl

the more I look the more I'm confused with this race. :wacko:

I could make a case for a LAL and SS exacta but I will spread here in a pick 3 and maybe a small pick 4 if I can narrow the early legs down to a couple.

Like a 1,2,6,8 with 7,8 DD in 11 and 12

got shutout on a large ex at Churchill. :tup:

spread out the DD 1,2,8 with 2,3,6,7,11

did'nt have SS anywhere. only bet $24 on the Preakness. 2,3,6,11 ex box and 7 with 2,3,6,11 tri both for a buck. the tri being proof that anyone can get lucky once in a while...

In my opinion, we won't see either the Kentucky Derby or the Preakness winner at Belmont.

This will be a wide open affair, and everyone will say Ice Box is the favorite....I'll have other plans than The Fridge for that one.