[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tebow

rustycolts

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tebow was born with all the tools to play football, but not born with the tools necessary to play quarterback in the NFL. The more I watch him, the more I am convinced he will never start a game at QB in the NFL. He could eventually become a very explosive weapon at another position, and the sooner he makes the switch, the sooner he can become a successful NFL player.

Any QB that thinks he is going to run over NFL defensive players won't last a half.

couldn't agree more..........which is bizarre

H back or bust, I don't see him ever being a viable starting QB EVER

Welcome to the main forum Ed :D don't let that mean old KP scare you away :D
Whats up man?Think he was just tryin to get a discussion going.Tebow just doesn't get any love :wacko: I usually don't post much.Still tryin to get used to this new fangled internet thing :D

Actually we already know exactly how Tebow will do in the NFL.

Open any search engine and enter this: Danny Wuerffel

Press "Enter"

(Of course that's just my opinion.) :wacko:

Actually they are. He may fling it up off his back foot and throw other ill advised passes but his throwing motion is as strong as anyone's.

One of my favorite anecdotes is when Matt Hasselbeck first got to Green Bay, Andy Reid (then-GB QB coach) was telling him about Brett Favre - "you can learn terrific things from him about toughness, leadership, and preparation. DO NOT attempt to imitate his mechanics or decision-making." *

* - paraphrased

• 5 months later...
Didn't look tobad tonight even though it was against 3rd stringers.I am going to love bumping this thread every so often for our experts to re-read.

:wacko:

A quarter and a half against soon-to-be burger flippers warrants a bump to pat yourself on the back?

NFL N and ESPN push a low first round pick almost as much as Favre bothers me. The guys a rookie.

He very well may be this years top QB but the media coverage has me hating even hearing his name at this point.

Didn't look tobad tonight even though it was against 3rd stringers.I am going to love bumping this thread every so often for our experts to re-read.

And now you've given everyone else sufficient motivation to bump this thread every so often to remind you that you were wrong. Tracer bullets work both ways. :wacko:

I will give you this. As a QB, Tebow looked like a pretty good running back last night.

I think you guys may want to tap the brakes on the Tebow hate. He has done nothing to prove you guys right. I thought he looked good for his first pre-season game.

Not hating, just not buyin' the hype.

He looked better than Quinn. Quinn has absolutely no confidence in his arm and he's late reading the window.

That said, he was still playing against future buger flippers on the CIN D and McDaniels made it a point to keep his starting O-line in the game as well as some WRs that were playing in Q2 last night. The deck might have been a bit stacked in Tebow's favor. Too early to get any kind of read other than he showed a couple of flashes and that he's got a long long ways to go.

He looked better than Quinn. Quinn has absolutely no confidence in his arm and he's late reading the window.

That said, he was still playing against future buger flippers on the CIN D and McDaniels made it a point to keep his starting O-line in the game as well as some WRs that were playing in Q2 last night. The deck might have been a bit stacked in Tebow's favor. Too early to get any kind of read other than he showed a couple of flashes and that he's got a long long ways to go.

Agree with BB here. I will say he looked promising though. If given enough time to sit & learn I think he'll end up a great QB. It would have been better for him to play behind a better QB though.

Just curious, was Clausen playing against the no.1's? I think Tebow can be a viable quarterback in the league. Not the traditional type, but I think he will be a winning quarterback.

Just curious, was Clausen playing against the no.1's?

What in the Seven Hells does this have to do with any discussion about Tebow? Do you think Tebow played better because he saw Clausen's performance earlier in the week?

I think McDaniels intentionally created a talent mismatch that Tebow would be able to benefit from in order to make Tebow look better and further in his development than he really is, which in turn make McDaniels look much smarter than he is. I also think Tebow did a couple of good thing out there while also showing that he is in no way, shape, or form ready to take the field as a QB in a regular season game other than as a gimmick. That should be expected.

Edited by Bronco Billy