[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tebow

rustycolts

I think I've seen this guy at satan-worship meetings.

If Tim Tebow can't win as a pro quarterback, the next coach of the Broncos is doomed to the same miserable failure that got Josh McDaniels fired.

Now you know why Jim Harbaugh, Jon Gruden or any other hot, big-name football personality with stronger employment options on the sideline or in the TV booth would be stark-raving mad to fill the coaching vacancy in Denver.

During a 33-28 loss to San Diego on a Sunday that mercifully ended one of the saddest seasons in franchise history, the chants of "Tebow!" that rocked the stadium were loud enough to chase away any coaching candidate in his right mind.

Can anyone say with 100 percent certainty Tebow has any better shot of leading the Broncos to the Super Bowl than Brian Griese, Jake Plummer or Jay Cutler, who all fell short of the only football goal that really matters in Colorado?

Tebow, however, has Broncomaniacs mesmerized.

The rookie threw mindless interceptions against the Chargers that would have gotten Kyle Orton booed off the field.

While undeniably gutsy, Tebow's tendency to scramble in a way that practically dares a linebacker to maul him is a reckless wish for serious injury.

And Denver seems to have amnesia that this is the very same quarterback who was handpicked in the first round by the reviled McDaniels, whose personnel moves have been panned from coast to coast.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:wacko:

You're quoting Kizla as a reliable source to support your argument? Kiz can't even figure out which way to put on a jock...

I actually found the comments more illustrative. Despite the fact that the author never implied that Tebow would fail and merely said that people were simply inclined to believe he was invincible despite his results, everyone jumped all over him. Claiming he was trying to run Tebow out of town. Again, perfectly illustrating the point. Because he was simply saying that people are pretending that he's leading them to the promised land when he was really leading them to a 1-2 record under him and putting up average stats on the way there. Not a finish worthy of scrapping him and starting over, but also not of saying, "Well, if there's one thing for sure, we know who our QB for the next 10 years is."

That point being that the next coach who comes in is going to be under more pressure to make it work with Tebow than anyone ever would considering where Tebow was drafted, the concerns about him going in, and the modest signs he's shown.

So tell you what, and we'll know this soon enough. If the Broncos manage to bring in one of the more coveted coaching candidates out there, I'll eat crow. Apparently, Elway is in Miami as we speak, trying to lure Harbaugh. If he does, consider me wrong. Well, that is, provided Harbaugh doesn't also insist upon moving Tebow and bringing in his own guy.

Because that's really just been my point all along.

I don't think Kiz is all that bad, but it's abundantly clear that he thinks that his job is dependent on writing the exact opposite view of the team to generate interest. He's a bad beat writer, but good for 'ratings' for the paper.

If he says that Tebow's not the guy, then there's a good chance that Tebow is.

He didn't say that. He didn't even imply that. He just seems to be the one guy in Denver who isn't 100% convinced that Tebow is the next Elway.

BBilly thinks Tebow's the next Elway?

So I'm the only person here not allowed to use hyperbole? I mean the very fact that I'm not already convinced he'll be your guy for the forseable future means that I hate god and Jesus or was molested by a priest. At least my assertion is merely (maybe) an exaggeration of BB's opinion as opposed to entirely off-track.

He didn't say that. He didn't even imply that. He just seems to be the one guy in Denver who isn't 100% convinced that Tebow is the next Elway.

I don't know anyone in DEN who thinks Tebow is the next Elway. Maybe the crowd you are hanging around with explains your irrational demeanor about Tebow.

I actually found the comments more illustrative. Despite the fact that the author never implied that Tebow would fail and merely said that people were simply inclined to believe he was invincible despite his results, everyone jumped all over him. Claiming he was trying to run Tebow out of town. Again, perfectly illustrating the point. Because he was simply saying that people are pretending that he's leading them to the promised land when he was really leading them to a 1-2 record under him and putting up average stats on the way there. Not a finish worthy of scrapping him and starting over, but also not of saying, "Well, if there's one thing for sure, we know who our QB for the next 10 years is."

That point being that the next coach who comes in is going to be under more pressure to make it work with Tebow than anyone ever would considering where Tebow was drafted, the concerns about him going in, and the modest signs he's shown.

So tell you what, and we'll know this soon enough. If the Broncos manage to bring in one of the more coveted coaching candidates out there, I'll eat crow. Apparently, Elway is in Miami as we speak, trying to lure Harbaugh. If he does, consider me wrong. Well, that is, provided Harbaugh doesn't also insist upon moving Tebow and bringing in his own guy.

Because that's really just been my point all along.

Jesus H Christ.

Tebow is a rookie making his 3rd start against the best D in the NFL. They allow on average 177.8 yds passing per game, 93.8 yds rushing per game, 271.6 total yds per game, and 20.1 points per game.

Tebow's numbers: 202 yds passing, 91 yds rushing, 293 total yds, 3 TDs, 2 INTs.

In the 3rd start of his career in his rookie year. There's some very real good there along with the raw edges and the bad of the inexperience and having to learn to run a pro O for the first time in his life. There's going to be new head coaches in places next year who will be starating with less at QB than what DEN has, and DEN's personnel needs are much more dire and demanding at other positions than QB. So yes, it's true thaat any new HC is going to have to deal with Tebow as his top QB for at least the next 2 to 3 years while we see if he can devleop into a solid NFL QB. During that time the gaping holes - most especially in the D and also in the O - can be filled.

Is it possible that you can find something positive in those numbers, unlike Kizla? Kizla has been a joke for a long, long time as a sports writer. If his schtick is being wrong in order to raise hackles it was worn out years ago. Frankly, based upon his writing, I'd guess that he simply doesn't understand much about sports. Let's see if you do.

Edited by Bronco Billy

I don't know anyone in DEN who thinks Tebow is the next Elway. Maybe the crowd you are hanging around with explains your irrational demeanor about Tebow.

So are you going to respond to my "deal" or are you going to continue to ignore anything you can't either cherry pick or skew into a more easily shot down argument.

At least in the media, no one is picking up the Tebow banner. At best, it's cautious optimism. One of the biggest radio voices here, former Bronc Alfred Williams, not only thinks that Luck is superior, he prefers Cam Newton as well.

It's patently obvious why Williams prefers Newton, and it has little to do with QB play. He isn't shy about his opinions.

I'll agree that Luck will probably end with a better pro career than Tebow - possibly by a wide margin - if neither gets hurt seriously. That doesn't mean a team can't win with a QB who has Tebow's skill set. If you're looking for the next classic pocket passer, you've got the wrong guy right now and we'll have pissed away 2 1st round picks in the past 5 years at QB while the rest of the team burns. Just like McDaniels should have seen if he could have groomed Cutler - something that would have made this whole argument moot, and Cutler looks like he is really starting to get it now as he is being groomed by a different coaching staff who is using him to lead them into the playoffs with a first round bye - any new HC is going to have to see if he can groom Tebow.

A team can't just keep pissing away (and paying for) competent and capable talent looking for the next uber-stud QB who might be just around the next corner. Maybe.

Edited by Bronco Billy

Jesus H Christ.

Tebow is a rookie making his 3rd start against the best D in the NFL. They allow on average 177.8 yds passing per game, 93.8 yds rushing per game, 271.6 total yds per game, and 20.1 points per game.

Tebow's numbers: 202 yds passing, 91 yds rushing, 293 total yds, 3 TDs, 2 INTs.

In the 3rd start of his career in his rookie year. There's some very real good there along with the raw edges and the bad of the inexperience and having to learn to run a pro O for the first time in his life. There's going to be new head coaches in places next year who will be starating with less at QB than what DEN has, and DEN's personnel needs are much more dire and demanding at other positions than QB. So yes, it's true thaat any new HC is going to have to deal with Tebow as his top QB for at least the next 2 to 3 years while we see if he can devleop into a solid NFL QB. During that time the gaping holes - most especially in the D and also in the O - can be filled.

Is it possible that you can find something positive in those numbers, unlike Kizla? Kizla has been a joke for a long, long time as a sports writer. If his schtick is being wrong in order to raise hackles it was worn out years ago. Frankly, based upon his writing, I'd guess that he simply doesn't understand much about sports. Let's see if you do.

Well, by your definition "understanding sports" would be to be convinced that Tebow is unquestionably the guy to build the team around. Why do you keep pretending that I'm certain Tebow will fail? I'm not saying his numbers are horrible. I'm simply not pretending that I'm blown away by them.

You think this is the first time a guy has taken over a team late in the season and brought a spark? Hell, you're completely discounting the bump a team often gets when they fire their coach. Dallas, Minnesota both got a nice little bump from doing so. SF played so spirited when Singletary took over that they convinced themselves he was better than he was. So maybe Denver was actually just playing more spirited ball in general?

Last year, Matt Moore took over for the Panthers and went like 4-1, putting up pretty nice stats as well. Do you think anyone in Carolina was acting like the QB spot was locked down?

Do I need to repeat myself, yet again? It's not that he's looked bad, it's that everyone has convinced themselves that since, he's been "pretty good for a rookie" and "he's such a winner" that he's going to be great. Enough that they'll sling accusations about character and agenda at anyone who dares to not be as convinced.

Here's where the conversation is getting odd. So, it begins by anyone, including Kizla who is not ready to assume that Tebow has certainly shown enough already is hateful or has some agenda or simply doesn't know what he's talking about. Now, it seems, that you guys actually have "cautious optimism" as Opie puts it. So, explain the huge difference between "cautious optimism" and "not convinced and worried that people might be getting carried away". Like I said, earlier. If it was anyone else, we'd be saying "not bad for a rookie". And that's my point. That the next coach doesn't get the luxury of that attitude. He doesn't have a player who showed promise as a rookie. He has a guy who absolutely proved it's his team because he was "not bad for a rookie".