[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NCAA Tournament

Gopher

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There goes my bracket down the tubes. :wacko:

+1

I filled out about 4-5 different brackets, all with slightly different scenarios. I had Kansas winning most of them, though. My only hope now is that Ohio State wins it all (I had them winning in the only one where I didn't pick Kansas).

Happens nearly every year, though. Teams/conferences that play the best during the regular season don't necessarily dominate the NCAA tournament. As much as I defended the Pac-10, saying that Cal was a lock and that the conference should get two bids, the teams in the Pac-10 weren't impressive enough, out of conference, to warrant any MORE than two bids.

Yea , no way did the Pac 10 deserve more than 2 teams in the tourney; neither did the West Coast Conference. But right now they are a combined 6-0 record with a minimum 2 teams in the Sweet 16.

I was kind of down on the home front coming into this tourney, everything from here on out is bonus! :wacko:

Edited by bushwacked

There goes my bracket down the tubes. :wacko:

Here's how bad it is for me in one of my brackets. I play in three, and I'm in LAST place out of 140 people. Disgusting.

+1

I filled out about 4-5 different brackets, all with slightly different scenarios. I had Kansas winning most of them, though. My only hope now is that Ohio State wins it all (I had them winning in the only one where I didn't pick Kansas).

In the said above bracket, I actually have only gotten two games right in the Midwest Region. The Kansas first round win, and the Ohio State first round win. Everything else in that bracket now is closed off for me.

You and almost everyone. Damn, I remember when I had W. Virginia going all the way to the championshiop and backtracked. :D

My other two brackets I am middle of the pack with Syracuse as the overall winner, but I'm flat out of the money this year already. This is also the first year that I was too busy to go watch all these games with my buddy's, so I feel away from it all.

Edited by gilthorp

Wow... Never would have thought the Big Ten would have more teams in the Sweet 16 than any other conference. Really surprised to see Texas A&M fold like a cheap suit, after dominating Purdue for the first 25-30 minutes... that's two brutal choke-jobs for the Big 12. On the other hand, it's not THAT much of a surprise, since Matt Painter's teams always play top-notch defense... it really seemed like they had something to prove, almost as though most people had written them off due to the Hummel loss. :wacko:

Michigan State almost gave one away themselves, although at least they had somewhat of an excuse, considering the injuries they had to endure. Impressive win, considering they had guys playing in the final minutes who had seen very little playing time all year. They'll need Lucas or Allen healthy for next weekend, though, if they want to advance much further.

Next week should be interesting... nothing is a sure thing, at this point. Syracuse, Duke, and Kentucky all look pretty solid, though, which is somewhat ironic, since I thought Kansas was the one #1 of the four that was fairly certain to reach Indianapolis. :D