[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

HUDDLERS' 2010 NFL MOCK DRAFT!

irish

Copy / paste from the huddle's player evals:

Playing for Kirk Ferentz at Iowa, you know Bryan Bulaga is sound fundamentally. He’s also an outstanding athlete, especially considering he’s 6-6 and 312 pounds. Bulaga lifted his stock in the Hawkeyes’ Orange Bowl win over Georgia Tech, taking highly regarded defensive end Derrick Morgan completely out of the game; as a result, he opted to forego his senior season and declare for the draft. The primary concerns scouts have—technique and strength—can be addressed through coaching, the weight room, and Bulaga maturing physically. Assuming a thyroid condition that cost him three games last season checks out at the Combine, Bulaga is a lock for the first round and could sneak into the top 10.

I thought the same thing about Robert Gallery once upon a time . . .it didnt work out as well as expected . . .

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought the same thing about Robert Gallery once upon a time . . .it didnt work out as well as expected . . .

Negative.

I still believe to this day, Gallery could have been everything we thought he would be. The coaching has absolutely ruined him.

Why would you draft the best LT coming out of college, move him to right tackle for two seasons, then move him to left tackle during a season where the entire line struggles, then the next season move him all over the line, and then finally settle him at left guard and expect him to be successful?

Gallery never stood a chance.

For what it's worth, he's really become a great left guard.

For what it's worth, Suh was my pick, thanks Irish. Defense wins champions Ladies!! Sorry for not being on the ball, won't happen round two!!!!! I have been busier than a one armed paper hanger. Getting the kids ready for their Constitution test.

Awesome! I've updated all picks and satelliteoflovegm is now on the clock...

Negative.

I still believe to this day, Gallery could have been everything we thought he would be. The coaching has absolutely ruined him.

Why would you draft the best LT coming out of college, move him to right tackle for two seasons, then move him to left tackle during a season where the entire line struggles, then the next season move him all over the line, and then finally settle him at left guard and expect him to be successful?

Gallery never stood a chance.

For what it's worth, he's really become a great left guard.

I completely agree with you . . . but that is why I dont always hang my hat on college coaching when it can RADICALLY change on the pro level and stunt their development. Kirk Ferentz or not, whoever develops him on the next level is equally as important . .

FYI - I've sent Inhiding a PM, letting him know that we're 3 picks away. For what it's worth, he's going to be doing this draft, for the most part (I'm just a "consultant" if he needs a second opinion). :wacko:

FYI - I've sent Inhiding a PM, letting him know that we're 3 picks away. For what it's worth, he's going to be doing this draft, for the most part (I'm just a "consultant" if he needs a second opinion). :D

Thanks for the second pair of eyes. LOL. I'm keeping an eye on the thread and I also sent you a PM.

:wacko:

Anthony Davis, OT, Rutgers is the pick for Oakland.

Tom Cable knows the OL needs help, and while Dan Williams or Ralando McClain could also be the picks here to sure up a very weak run defense from 2009, Cable will throw his weight around and try to get the best offensive lineman available.

While Al Davis will be tempted to go with Bruce Campbell because of his combine workouts, on tape Davis is the better tackle as far as technique and durability goes. At 20 years old, with a nice long contract Davis will be the Raiders' starting right tackle for the next 7+ years.

Please Al Davis. DO NOT PICK CAMPBELL.

Thats pretty early and a lot of money for a right tackle... But come on, you know Campbell is a Raider.

you know when you're on top of your woman, and you're sweating but in that good kind of way because you're working it real good, when all of a sudden you get that burst of euphoria running all through your veins, the kind that makes you seize up a tad bit, and you feel like the king and you think she's gotta be thinking the same thing too as you look into her eyes, when she says "...that's it?"

that's kinda what it's been like to sign in the last couple of days to see this thing just innnnnnnch along.

you know when you're on top of your woman, and you're sweating but in that good kind of way because you're working it real good, when all of a sudden you get that burst of euphoria running all through your veins, the kind that makes you seize up a tad bit, and you feel like the king and you think she's gotta be thinking the same thing too as you look into her eyes, when she says "...that's it?"

that's kinda what it's been like to sign in the last couple of days to see this thing just innnnnnnch along.

WOW!! You're really emotionally tied to this mock! Reading your post actually made me laugh, that was great. We certainly haven't gotten off to an explosive start but we're honestly in no rush as we have plenty of time. However, I just don't want guys losing interest. By the way, never had my woman say that to me, when I felt that I was getting the job done, so did she. :D:wacko:

Maybe a consensus poll for each pick would have been faster. :wacko:

Maybe I'll just make another controversial selection. :D

I like the pick. I'm in the Clausen camp over Bradford. On the other hand, their line is dreadful and they would have to find some gems at OT in the later rounds if they pass on a top guy in the 1st.

I agree but the interior of the line is solid and I doubt the 5th OT is first round worthy. So with a brief thought of OLB I went for the franchise QB.

that's something that I could see happening in a real draft and then the guys on TV will spend hours talking about that...

+1

Minor digression here, but I can't wait to hear Jon Gruden (assuming he's part of the broadcast team) analyze the draft:

It'll be something along the lines of "Now THAT GUY can play" followed by "THIS GUY is a real competitor" followed by "THAT GUY has an endless motor" followed by "THIS GUY has a real nose for the football". In Gruden's world, nobody has a name. It's either THIS guy or THAT guy (followed by a cliche usually). But if there were three Sooners in the top 7, we might get to hear "THESE GUYS have got a killer instinct", so it would help mix up Gruden's game... All part of the ridiculous fluff that happens for 15 minutes between picks (and now extended over four days).

Maybe I'll just make another controversial selection. :wacko:

Not quite sure why there's a 10 min clock when it's taken 5 days to get the first 9 picks. LOL How about a 2 hour clock and then you actually do the picks, Irish, if that time expires. :D

I'm really going to have to pick for the Jags pretty soon...