[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

HUDDLERS' 2010 NFL MOCK DRAFT!

irish

I'm really going to have to pick for the Jags pretty soon...

I selected Jason Pierre-Paul for the Jags cause one of their biggest needs was an improved ability to get pressure on the QB. Jacksonville ranked as not only the worst team in the NFL with the least amount of sacks (14) last year but it was the 5th lowest total in the history of the NFL! Hell, both Elvis Dumervil and Jared Allen got to the opposing QB more than the entire Jags' D. Both Derrick Harvey and Quentin Groves have to be considered big busts, so it's time to try and find another guy who can get the job done.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I selected Jason Pierre-Paul for the Jags cause one of their biggest needs was an improved ability to get pressure on the QB. Jacksonville ranked as not only the worst team in the NFL with the least amount of sacks (14) last year but it was the 5th lowest total in the history of the NFL! Hell, both Elvis Dumervil and Jared Allen got to the opposing QB more than the entire Jags' D. Both Derrick Harvey and Quentin Groves have to be considered big busts, so it's time to try and find another guy who can get the job done.

They also signed Kampmann who will be back to his best position at DE.

They also signed Kampmann who will be back to his best position at DE.

Yeah, I saw that but this kid Pierre-Paul could be an absolute FREAK!

Seahawks21 is on the clock for the Seahawks...

The 49'ers have several needs OL is the biggest issue and with the top 4 OTs off the board I felt the drop off didn't provide the value. The 49'ers kick return team was in shambles with at least 3 or 4 different guys trying their hand at the position. This proved to be a mistake and the team usually had poor starting field position. SF lost 6 games by less than 7 points, (4 of those were by 4 or less points). If they wins those games the go 14 - 2, if they win half of those they are an 11 win team and win the division. A play maker, who can spell Gore or work in tandem, will provide Alex Smith another weapon on offense and hopefully work on a shorter field.

I found this commentary in the selection thread. :wacko:

I found this commentary in the selection thread. :wacko:

Yeah, some guys are definitely struggling with the whole commentary versus selection only thread concept. :D

This literally could not have worked out any better for the Seahawks. Getting their quarterback is almost a bonus since the one thing they had to be sure to do was get a tackle, which fortunately they did with Bruce Campbell. He may not be stellar on film, but the upside is certainly there. I don't know if either guy will really fall to them, but if they do, wow, this could be a franchise-changing first round.

Timmypg is currently on the clock selecting for the Giants...

This literally could not have worked out any better for the Seahawks. Getting their quarterback is almost a bonus since the one thing they had to be sure to do was get a tackle, which fortunately they did with Bruce Campbell. He may not be stellar on film, but the upside is certainly there. I don't know if either guy will really fall to them, but if they do, wow, this could be a franchise-changing first round.

Agreed.

That was a 100% BPA pick. The Giants need LB of Safety help but none left were worth the 15th pick. We really need McClain to fall & if he doesn't then hopefully Williams does.

I do think Manningham showed flaws last year so Smith, Nicks, & Bryant would be a nice trio.

That was a 100% BPA pick. The Giants need LB of Safety help but none left were worth the 15th pick. We really need McClain to fall & if he doesn't then hopefully Williams does.

I do think Manningham showed flaws last year so Smith, Nicks, & Bryant would be a nice trio.

Not sure I agree there but Bryant should be a Top 10 pick so it's solid enough value there.

TitansFan is on the clock selecting for the Titans.

Bruce Campbell at 14. This guy is a project player and if they start him next year will be a Gallery replay. The guy is not ready to play tackle in the NFL and may never be. JMO but Campbell is 2nd round pick and needs at least two years before starting at tackle. I think the Hawks would make a very bad mistake at 14 with Campbell. But that's just my opinion, the proof will be on the field next year.

Tough choice here. Morgan's work ethic and great motor make him a natural pick for the Titans. I considered taking Haden as well, but I think DE is a more pressing need. However, I would not be the least bit surprised if they take Haden either if the actual draft went this way. I would've liked to see Pierre-Paul fall to 16 as I think he has more upside than Morgan and Washburn excels at turning raw talent into on-field success, but I will gladly take Morgan here.

Bruce Campbell at 14. This guy is a project player and if they start him next year will be a Gallery replay. The guy is not ready to play tackle in the NFL and may never be. JMO but Campbell is 2nd round pick and needs at least two years before starting at tackle. I think the Hawks would make a very bad mistake at 14 with Campbell. But that's just my opinion, the proof will be on the field next year.

Fair enough, but the Seahawks don't have much choice. They have to take the best tackle available, regardless. Would reaching for Brown from USC have been a better pick?

Could you uh... forward this message to Al Davis please? :wacko:

I used this pick to pair up with Justin Smith at DE or even a Lawson replacement if Lawson doesn't step it up this year:

Brandon Graham is a great playmaker for the Wolverine defense. He displays his amazing strength by consistently taking on double teams and still producing for the Michigan defense. He is very versatile; can play in both 4-3 and 3-4 defensive schemes. He has great size, and is surprisingly effective against the run and the pass. Graham's major downside is his consistency. He displays great ability to keep blockers away from his body; however, he can often get tangled up with some of the quicker offensive linemen he faces. He also does a good job of reading plays, but still he needs to work on being more consistent in this area. Consistency is an extremely valuable asset to any college player planning on entering the NFL draft. It is also one of the hardest skills to master. Brandon Graham had an opportunity to really step up last year and he proved that he can be a dominant force. He had a tremendous performance in the Senior Bowl, earning himself the MVP. Based on his great senior season and good pre-draft performances, he is seeing himself climbing his way up on many team's draft boards.

I was being hard on myself, do you think that I would let a Raider fan get under my skin?? lol.. :D

:wacko: Says the guy who posts in the wrong forum...

:D

FWIW I like the picks, but think you guys can hold off on RB until the second round and get a guy like Jahvid Best. I don't think Gore is a bad enough spot to take the draft's best RB.

Besides, with David Carr in the lineup, you guys will have a revitalized passing attack that will improve Gore's production, as he won't be taking handoffs from the Gun anymore. :D

Not sure I agree there but Bryant should be a Top 10 pick so it's solid enough value there.

TitansFan is on the clock selecting for the Titans.

You're right. I meant Corner not safety. But still the same overall idea.

:wacko: Says the guy who posts in the wrong forum...

:D

FWIW I like the picks, but think you guys can hold off on RB until the second round and get a guy like Jahvid Best. I don't think Gore is a bad enough spot to take the draft's best RB.

Besides, with David Carr in the lineup, you guys will have a revitalized passing attack that will improve Gore's production, as he won't be taking handoffs from the Gun anymore. :D

Purely looking at a PR/KR explosive player. The 49'ers believe in BPA and i felt that Spillers gives them best shot at better field position. Their defense is stout, and the offense is coming around even if it is a little vanilla and predictable. Imagine Gore, Spiller, Davis, Crabtree and Morgan all on the field at once. Who ya gonna cover?

Who would have been your selection at 13??

Figured I'd scoop up the top CB in the draft for a team that didn't get an interception from a CB until the season finale last year. The Steelers could also use players for their suffering O-line and I really debated a couple players there but went with Haden instead.

Delusions of Granduer and WashingtonD are on the clock for the Falcons.

Edited by irish