[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

HUDDLERS' 2010 NFL MOCK DRAFT!

irish

so if Haden "fell" to 18, then would he have been a reach at #11 where he was #2 BPA on our Broncos draft board?

Absolutely not. Some view him as a Top 10-15 type player and if a team has that specific need and a certain player is available to fill it, fantastic.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Purely looking at a PR/KR explosive player. The 49'ers believe in BPA and i felt that Spillers gives them best shot at better field position. Their defense is stout, and the offense is coming around even if it is a little vanilla and predictable. Imagine Gore, Spiller, Davis, Crabtree and Morgan all on the field at once. Who ya gonna cover?

Who would have been your selection at 13??

While I like Morgan a lot, I don't think he's the answer at WR2. 6' 220, and not the fastest guy on the field...

I'm not a hugh Dez Bryant fan, but he's got a few inches on Morgan and runs very clean routes. He provides a big target to tandem with Crabtree, and between the two of them they'd draw lots of attention outside to free VD up in the middle and Gore in the flats. Not to mention he is close to being BPA if Spiller is on the board.

Even Haden wouldn't be a bad pick here though, as Clements surely struggled late last season.

I just feel like for what SF would demand out of their RB - a KR/PR, change of pace speed back - they could wait until later in the draft.

Charles is now on the clock selecting for the Texans with the 20th overall pick.

Was really hoping that a standout DE would fall to us.... We could have still gone with DE Hughes, since Kindle is probably better suited for a 3-4, but they say if he can gain 15 or 20 lbs, he could be just the pass-rushing DE the Falcons need, or end up at OLB even if not....

Either way, I'd have to think the Falcons would be looking at this guy with all those DEs gone and him available at 19.

Was really hoping that a standout DE would fall to us.... We could have still gone with DE Hughes, since Kindle is probably better suited for a 3-4, but they say if he can gain 15 or 20 lbs, he could be just the pass-rushing DE the Falcons need, or end up at OLB even if not....

Either way, I'd have to think the Falcons would be looking at this guy with all those DEs gone and him available at 19.

I liked the Kindle pick and figured that either he or Haden would've been the pick if I didn't take him for the Steelers.

Those were the two names that we spent the most time kicking around as it got closer to ATLs pick (Kindle and Haden)

I think Haden is great value at either draft spot given that all indications are he's ready to step in and start in year 1 of his career.

I think Earl Thomas was the more prudent move for a team who just lost their top defensive back, playing in a division with the great Peyton. I think he can pair very nicely with Bernard Pollard, and (hopefully) provide some playmaking stability as the last line of defense.

I don't think Thomas will fall to them in the actual draft, though, and thought very seriously about taking Ryan Mathews at this pick. I, personally, still have some faith in Steve Slaton. Perhaps his rookie season was a fluke, but there's still a lot of talent there (if only he can learn not to fumble). Their problem at the position was punching the ball in on the goalline, and that can be addressed later.

I also gave consideration to Kyle Wilson, but there's a couple of cornerback options that might be available later on. I wouldn't be surprised to see them consider someone who no one would expect them to; I looked at maybe taking Mike Iupati here to throw everyone off.

Those were the two names that we spent the most time kicking around as it got closer to ATLs pick (Kindle and Haden)

I think Haden is great value at either draft spot given that all indications are he's ready to step in and start in year 1 of his career.

Agree completely.

Budlitebrad is now on the clock for the Bengals with the 21st pick. We've picked up the pace pretty nicely here.

Looking forward to Green bays pick(or course TT will go a different direction).

I have heard this

The Green Bay Packers are holding a private workout with Chris Cook 6-2 Cb Virginia. Supposedly 2 other teams are involved in this workout. The Minnesota Vikings and the Buffalo Bills

This will make the 3rd corner to have the distinction of working out for the Packers: Devin McCourty 5-11 1/2 Rutgers and Brandon Ghee Wake Forest

Edited by Randall

I Pm'ed piratesownnijas about our next pick.

When he responds we shall pick.

At 6’5 325 I think he can play just about any position on the line. All reports are that he fits what Ted Thompson looks for in “Packers people”. He’s far and away the best guard in this draft and fills a massive hole for the packers, taking over the left guard spot and helping protect Aaron Rodgers. I view him as a top 15 talent/pick and is by no means a reach. I think he’s one of the safer picks in the entire draft. If this were to really happen, I will pee myself.

At 6’5 325 I think he can play just about any position on the line. All reports are that he fits what Ted Thompson looks for in “Packers people”. He’s far and away the best guard in this draft and fills a massive hole for the packers, taking over the left guard spot and helping protect Aaron Rodgers. I view him as a top 15 talent/pick and is by no means a reach. I think he’s one of the safer picks in the entire draft. If this were to really happen, I will pee myself.

I agree, Lupati going to GB would be great for them and even better for Rodgers. I, however, will not pee myself if it actually happens. :wacko:

i wouldn't pee myself either but hope he or someone soon can play LT.

The Ravens traditionally have had a great defense and great tightends. Shannon Sharpe passed the baton to Heap in the early 2000s...now with Heap turning 30 and battling injuries the past couple years, the Ravens need to grab the successor that will carry on this short but strong tradition. With Cam Cameron coming back at Offensive Coordinator, Gresham could step in and play the 'antonio gates" role in his offense. While Heap was more of the mauler type TE that caught everything that came his way, Gresham is more athletic and could open up this retooled Raven offense even more with Flacco, Rice, and Boldin. at the helm.

By the way, nice picks Seahawks21, I'm in favor of both choices! If only we could be so lucky in April. :wacko:

Wow, surprised a Seahawks fan likes the QB pick! I've been getting killed around the water cooler.

Can we just pretend the Whitehurst trade didn't happen so selecting a QB could still make sense and I could still pick at 40?

Apologies as I've been very busy the last day or so. Everything is now updated and the Cowboy pick will be made soon...