[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Blender/Ingredient Mix for blended drinks

Big Country

Hey all -

just got back from Hawaii last week. My wife, and I'll admit it, even I, really enjoyed some of the tasty pina colada concoctions, mainly the lava flow which is a pina colada swirled with a strawberry puree.

However, in the past, and even one night back in the room, when trying to blend a concoction, I just don;t get the same consistency. Usually a little too liquidy and the ice does not always get crushed/blended in enough such that there are small chunks at times. In the hotel, it was a little too frothy.

Just curious for proper mix quantities (ie amount of ice to drink mix, etc.), does the type of ice matter, and what about blender?

Any suggestions to help me become the best drink blender would be appreciated.

Also, any tasty recipes that my wife (and her friends) would enjoy also appreciated.

i have found that i actually have to play around with the blender i am using. some are good with the liquid level just below the ice, some the other way around. in general, i throw in the ice, then booze, then other mixers (juice, etc). if it's too thick...more liquid. too frothy...more ice.

blended hurricane:

1 oz lt rum

1 oz dk rum

1 oz vodka

1 oz triple sec

3 oz pineapple juice

3 oz orange juice

1/2 oz grenadine