[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Final Four predictions

budlitebrad

:wacko:

Duke?? Come on man.....

Weakest region in the tournament. Duke is the weakest #1 seed, but they're not as streaky as the other teams. It's actually pretty wide open and I wouldn't be surprised to see a mid-major make a run to the Elite 8.

Edited by budlitebrad

Great year for bracket busters

We'll see some serious upsets early this year, but the cream will rise to the top on the final four....I like

Villanova

Kansas

Kentucky

Kansas State

:wacko: my exact final four

Weakest region in the tournament. Duke is the weakest #1 seed, but they're not as streaky as the other teams. It's actually pretty wide open and I wouldn't be surprised to see a mid-major make a run to the Elite 8.

It's actually hard to argue with this at all. Nova has lost 6 of 10 down the stretch and faces what may be among the stronger 7 seeds in Richmond. So now it's up to Baylor which, mind you, is a pretty talented team. However, I really do think Duke really lucked out. First that they, rather than WVU got the last #1 seed and then that they got, at best the 3rd best #2 seed in their bracket. After all, considering both OSU and WVU were getting deserved mention as possible #1s if they won their tourneys, you'd have to place them above a Nova team. This before you even bring up the #4 seed Purdue who, while the body of work for their season certainly earns them a top 16 seed, they did lose a key starter and are not the team they were earlier in the year.

It's actually hard to argue with this at all. Nova has lost 6 of 10 down the stretch and faces what may be among the stronger 7 seeds in Richmond. So now it's up to Baylor which, mind you, is a pretty talented team. However, I really do think Duke really lucked out. First that they, rather than WVU got the last #1 seed and then that they got, at best the 3rd best #2 seed in their bracket. After all, considering both OSU and WVU were getting deserved mention as possible #1s if they won their tourneys, you'd have to place them above a Nova team. This before you even bring up the #4 seed Purdue who, while the body of work for their season certainly earns them a top 16 seed, they did lose a key starter and are not the team they were earlier in the year.

Dont sleep on the Richmond Spiders :D Final 4 here they come :wacko::D

Kansas will not make the final four. Mark my words.

I think they will make it to the sweet 16, but I would not be surprised to see them lose there. They just are not as good as everyone thinks. If they get a referee crew that calls a tight game, they will lose.

UCLA

Indiana

North Carolina

Connecticut

Amazing to see none of these traditional powerhouses in the field of 65...

+1

What's really unusual is that the NIT could end up with a more "traditional" final four, in terms of just notoriety and pure basketball tradition, than the NCAA tournament. Potential NIT Final Four:

UConn

UNC

Memphis

Illinois/Cincinnati

Not to mention, like you said, teams with rich NCAA tradition that didn't make EITHER tournament... UCLA, Arizona, Indiana. Strange year, for sure.

As for my Final Four, I'm still undecided. I think Kansas has the most depth and balance of the four #1's, so I will have a hard time leaving them off the list. As for the other three, it's a tough call. Glaring weaknesses (or at least reasons I can think of why any of the three MIGHT not make it), but I'm not sure who I would put in front of any of them, either. I will post my "final" Final Four here tomorrow night, more than likely.

Kansas will not make the final four. Mark my words.

I think they will make it to the sweet 16, but I would not be surprised to see them lose there. They just are not as good as everyone thinks. If they get a referee crew that calls a tight game, they will lose.

Close, but not quite. Still, nice call. Had nothing to do with the refs calling it tight, though. Kansas just flat out played poorly... Missed FT's, terrible from three-point range, gave up too many offensive rebounds, turnovers, etc. You name it, Kansas stunk in that department today. Classic scenario where one team has everything to lose, and the other has nothing to lose. Team with less pressure just played better, period.

There goes my bracket. :wacko: