[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Today is a good day.

tbimm

Stay safe there brother. I for one know that I could not own that sort of bike. I enjoy "flying" around way to much and know that I would do myself in. In my younger days I rode bikes a lot and I can honestly sit here today and say that I am lucky to be here. I don't mean to hijack or to be a downer. Just saying keep it real and have fun that I can not.

I wonder why he stretched it? The longer wheel base will make it more stable, but some complain that it feels sluggish and less responsive... which I think is silly, but that's the popular opinion.

Most people stretch them to help with launching. Makes it easier to keep the front wheel on the ground. In this case it was done for looks more than anything else. I am bringing it back to the stock wheelbase. It is adjustable from stock out to the 9 inches it is set at now. The rest of the bike is stock and I plan to leave it that way other than adding the power commander and an exhaust upgrade.

Hard to make a bike that has run 9.50's in the 1/4 mile off the showroom floor feel sluggish.

Most people stretch them to help with launching. Makes it easier to keep the front wheel on the ground. In this case it was done for looks more than anything else. I am bringing it back to the stock wheelbase. It is adjustable from stock out to the 9 inches it is set at now. The rest of the bike is stock and I plan to leave it that way other than adding the power commander and an exhaust upgrade.

Hard to make a bike that has run 9.50's in the 1/4 mile off the showroom floor feel sluggish.

Stay safe, tbimm....i don't need to be launched anywhere at this point in my life :wacko:

Stay safe, tbimm....i don't need to be launched anywhere at this point in my life :wacko:

:D Just reading that gave me a back ache.

Nice Tbimm . Enjoy and be safe :D

Stay safe there brother. I for one know that I could not own that sort of bike. I enjoy "flying" around way to much and know that I would do myself in. In my younger days I rode bikes a lot and I can honestly sit here today and say that I am lucky to be here. I don't mean to hijack or to be a downer. Just saying keep it real and have fun that I can not.

was going to post pretty much the same thing last night and did'nt wanna be a downer. :wacko:

Enjoy tbimm!

Awesome bike, be careful and dear lord watch out for everyone else. I too have had a sport bike in my younger days and am surprised I didn't get hurt. I think now I have a healthy respect for them and think about another every now and then, but they scare the sch!t out of the wife. The convertible is fine to enjoy the sun, just not the same level of performance.

• 2 months later...

Update.

Well I got her back here last weekend. I have just over 300 miles on her and this bitch is bad ass. What a machine!

I am going very easy on it for a while because this is by far the fastest vehicle I have ever driven or ridden.

First night home with it I tested it out a bit. At 8500 RPM's in 2nd I was doing in the area of 90 MPH and grabbed it hard going into 3rd. It stood staright up on the back wheel. Mind you it has a 9 inch extended swing arm. Really surprised me and I haven't pulled that again since.

Here are some pics. The night ones got screwed up cause I dont have a tripod but they look kinda cool anyhow.

I know nothing about motorcycles. What kind of gas mileage do they get?

and the blue of your bike would certainly enhance my overwhelmingly deep blue eyes.

Mine does not get great mileage but I really don't care. Gets better than my car and it's more fun to commute with. I am getting around 25 MPG in town.