[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Giving Birth

Brentastic

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

congrats on the upcoming baby! I have no input since I had 2 c-sections, frank breech caused c-section for 1st born boy and the doc scheduled the 2nd one. I like the schedule, I'm a planner by nature so it all worked out for the best

:wacko: And what the hell would you know about any of this?

:D

I don't know if the doc has weighed in yet, but here's my 2 cents.

Babies are due when they're due. Unless there's some medical impediment to the birth process, I believe labor starts when it's supposed to for each individual baby. So many women I know were induced only to have it "not work". IMO, it's because they simply weren't ready yet.

Do I think it's going to harm your child to have an induction? No. I guess it's just a question of starting down the intervention path and you're more likely to end up going with a C section than if you don't do the induction. Which is major surgery.

Oh and to whoever talked about that little drug that "speeds up the process". It's evil, evil stuff (purely my opinion). Instead of having normal contractions, it's pretty much like having just one continuous max strength contraction.

I say let nature take its course.

:wacko: And what the hell would you know about any of this?

:D

You know me, just spouting off on topics I have no personal experience with. Silly goose. :D

Two births, both a bit difficult for different reasons. They gave me the tiniest whiff of pitocin against my wishes during my second labor (the nurse said she just waved the IV bag near me, lol). I had been on bedrest for 13 weeks and my blood pressure was up that day. Doc decided to break my water. I told them I'd go into labor on my own, but they were skeptical. I went from 4cm-10cm in 1 hour. Ouch.

If you really want it to be natural, you need to take your wife out to the plains of Africa and let her drop one right there next to the elephants. It's really the only way. When she screams epidural or your life, you give her one of these looks :wacko: and click click to her that she speaks in strange tongues.

I love Chargerz to death, I mean he haunts my dreams, but that baby is coming whether he is there playing Carlton Fisk or not.

Edited by TimC

:wacko:

Not sure if karmic is the right term. Basically, the moment your born (to the minute) is a specific point in time - and however the planets are aligned at that exact moment define a lot about your personality, strengths, weaknesses and karmic path etc... I don't want to mess with that sort of thing, knowing potentially if my actions alter that moment by a day or a week, could have profound effects on the outcome of my child's life. I italicized potentially because I'm not sure what effects if any could be had - but I don't want to risk it.

Not sure if karmic is the right term. Basically, the moment your born (to the minute) is a specific point in time - and however the planets are aligned at that exact moment define a lot about your personality, strengths, weaknesses and karmic path etc... I don't want to mess with that sort of thing, knowing potentially if my actions alter that moment by a day or a week, could have profound effects on the outcome of my child's life. I italicized potentially because I'm not sure what effects if any could be had - but I don't want to risk it.

wow.

Neat. I was born on May 12, 1971 at 8:19PM EDT -- is there somewhere I can look online that will tell me what this says about my personality and such?

Neat. I was born on May 12, 1971 at 8:19PM EDT -- is there somewhere I can look online that will tell me what this says about my personality and such?

:wacko: It says you were on a line with Bier Meister as that was his 2nd birthday.

:wacko:

ETA: I dig the chinese zodiaic more however.

Edited by billay

Believing in astrology is always going to attract negative reactions, so I knew that going in. But I expected more from gtb since we're in a B.O.T.H. league together.

I was raised to believe that a man was born of a virgin and turned water into wine. I'm not in a position to make fun of someone who thinks Jupiter being in the house of whatever means I'm good at math. Who knows if any of it has any merit, I just find it interesting to learn about what others believe.

Lockerroom humor, always original.

Kind of fitting, since this is a fantasy football website.

Give him a break, he went to Texas Christian. God hates f*gs, dontcha know.

Sorry, I can't help it if you didn't go to the NCAA Champion riflery school. By the way, the cheerleaders ain't bad either. Maybe in your next life you can go there.

Believing in astrology is always going to attract negative reactions, so I knew that going in. But I expected more from gtb since we're in a B.O.T.H. league together.

That's pretty lame, I am an equal opportunity offender. If you knew anything about my astrological karma, then you would realize that I can't help myself. So I apologize that the dr. who delivered me didn't wait another minute for me to become a better person.

By the way, I forgot you were in that league. I only remember those who finished in the top 10. :wacko:

Kind of fitting, since this is a fantasy football website.

Sorry, I can't help it if you didn't go to the NCAA Champion riflery school. By the way, the cheerleaders ain't bad either. Maybe in your next life you can go there.

That's pretty lame, I am an equal opportunity offender. If you knew anything about my astrological karma, then you would realize that I can't help myself. So I apologize that the dr. who delivered me didn't wait another minute for me to become a better person.

By the way, I forgot you were in that league. I only remember those who finished in the top 10. :D

You can thank me later. :wacko:

I was raised to believe that a man was born of a virgin and turned water into wine. I'm not in a position to make fun of someone who thinks Jupiter being in the house of whatever means I'm good at math. Who knows if any of it has any merit, I just find it interesting to learn about what others believe.

That's basically my approach too. It's natural and important to me to have an open mind about things. I was also raised catholic and spent 8 years in catholic grade school.

As far as where you can go online, I don't really trust online sources, especially if they're free (I've never paid for online material either). I had a guy here at work run my birth date through a program he had and that was pretty good. But then I started seeing an astrologist quarterly about 2 years ago. My aunt sent me to her astrologist after seeing my interest in the subject and I think that's the only true way to get good use out of it. Obviously by now you know your personality, strengths and weaknesses etc... and that's all you would get from online sources, but what it provides for me is a road map of clarity. Knowing which days are exceptionally good for me and which are not based on how the planets are aligned. It's basically another tool for maximizing your life. I won't sign any contracts on bad days etc.... My aunt, who is nearly a billionaire, told me there's an inside saying amongst the very rich and it's something like this "millionaires don't use astrologers, billionaires do". And she literally runs her business based on her astrological chart. It's not for everyone, obviously but I've seen the results for her and myself and it works for me.

That's basically my approach too. It's natural and important to me to have an open mind about things. I was also raised catholic and spent 8 years in catholic grade school.

As far as where you can go online, I don't really trust online sources, especially if they're free (I've never paid for online material either). I had a guy here at work run my birth date through a program he had and that was pretty good. But then I started seeing an astrologist quarterly about 2 years ago. My aunt sent me to her astrologist after seeing my interest in the subject and I think that's the only true way to get good use out of it. Obviously by now you know your personality, strengths and weaknesses etc... and that's all you would get from online sources, but what it provides for me is a road map of clarity. Knowing which days are exceptionally good for me and which are not based on how the planets are aligned. It's basically another tool for maximizing your life. I won't sign any contracts on bad days etc.... My aunt, who is nearly a billionaire, told me there's an inside saying amongst the very rich and it's something like this "millionaires don't use astrologers, billionaires do". And she literally runs her business based on her astrological chart. It's not for everyone, obviously but I've seen the results for her and myself and it works for me.

No chit, I put my stats into this site and it describes me so thoroughly that it's downright eerie.