[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Perfect Pit Weekend.

Perchoutofwater

Friday night we had three families over and I smoked turkey and a brisket. Both turned out great. The turkey was the first I'd ever tried, and I will be doing them often from here on out. We had about a quart bag of each left over.

Saturday morning we had a Church Easter party, (well not the whole church, but about 10 families that are all pretty good friends. It was pot luck. So I scrambled up 18 eggs, and tossed in the quart bag of left over brisket. Served them with tortillas and Chipotle Tobasco sauce. It looked like chit, but tasted like heaven. None was left.

Skipped lunch on Saturday. There is a new meat market close to my house so I thought I'd give it a try. I bought some prime ribeyes and grilled them on the new Weber. The searing station on that thing is unreal.

Sunday for lunch left over smoked turkey.

Sunday for Easter Dinner, my father does his famous smoked chickens and smokes a ham. He also grilled up some squash, asparagus, onions, and mushrooms.

I think I've gained 10 pounds this weekend, but I can't remember eating better.