[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Haynesworth: On the Trade Block

(Rotoworld) Albert Haynesworth is expected to remain on the trade block after being offered up by the Redskins in talks with the Eagles. Analysis: The Redskins recently paid Haynesworth a $21M option bonus. According to NFL.com's Jason La Canfora, Haynesworth has "not made a good first impression" on Mike Shanahan after clashing with Skins coaches last year.

Go figure. :wacko:

ESPN is reporting now that according to a high-office offical Albert Haynesworth is not on the trade block and he is their starting 3-4 nose tackle. :wacko: if you ask me I think its BS but what do I know?

ESPN is reporting now that according to a high-office offical Albert Haynesworth is not on the trade block and he is their starting 3-4 nose tackle. :wacko: if you ask me I think its BS but what do I know?

They will probably accept much less than they got out of him.

from what i've been reading, the way his contract is set up a team can get him for the next 3 years for some 16 million total (don't quote me on that number i can't remember exactly what it is). he would have another bonus after those 3 years so it would probably end up being a team grabbing him for 3 years and then either a. paying the rest of the roster bonus or b. cutting him all together. we'll see i guess

from what i've been reading, the way his contract is set up a team can get him for the next 3 years for some 16 million total (don't quote me on that number i can't remember exactly what it is). he would have another bonus after those 3 years so it would probably end up being a team grabbing him for 3 years and then either a. paying the rest of the roster bonus or b. cutting him all together. we'll see i guess

I thought I read that the Skins were looking for some monetary compensation in return if he was traded. I know for the frugal Eagles that they would never accept the contract that the Skins signed him for, but if you're correct it could have worked.

I thought I read that the Skins were looking for some monetary compensation in return if he was traded. I know for the frugal Eagles that they would never accept the contract that the Skins signed him for, but if you're correct it could have worked.

in the NFL unlike in the NBA and MLB where you can include monetary compensation it is illegal in the NFL to include monetary compensation.

• 2 weeks later...
Do you think the Raiders could make a play for him? Maybe Kirk Morrison for Haynesworth straight up. Strictly speculation, but it would make sense.

said this in another thread but Shanny was on NFLN and he said matter of factly that Haynewsorth would NOT be traded

• 3 weeks later...

(Rotoworld) Mike Lombardi of the National Football Post suggests that the Redskins should use Albert Haynesworth as primarily a nickel-rushing defensive tackle in order to solve their dispute about his role. Analysis: Lombardi also points out that the Skins should be happy with Haynesworth's absence from voluntary minicamps because his salty attitude could hinder the new staff's dynamic with younger players. Haynesworth wants to be a pass rusher. The Skins want him to two gap. Limiting him to passing downs could be a way of meeting in the middle, and possibly keep Haynesworth healthier.

Lets see if Haynie would be willing to meet in the middle and give up some of that $$$$. You play where the team needs you or retire. :wacko: