[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Huddler loses bet...then tries to disappear

Scooby's Hubby

The Wolf, I see you out there. You owe me a picture of you in wife's clothing. Don't tell me your wife is going to try to draft another team with out you getting dressed up for me. I expect you to be a man of your word. Don't worry about forgetting, I will be reminding you all year.

And anyone else in the league, I will bet on Scooby again if you want to embarrass yourselves. Just don't try to felch on your losing bets.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Wolf, I see you out there. You owe me a picture of you in wife's clothing. Don't tell me your wife is going to try to draft another team with out you getting dressed up for me. I expect you to be a man of your word. Don't worry about forgetting, I will be reminding you all year.

And anyone else in the league, I will bet on Scooby again if you want to embarrass yourselves. Just don't try to felch on your losing bets.

Felch means something a bit different than welch.

Did you try sending him a PM before calling him out on the main football forum?

Calling someone a welcher is not taken lightly around here. Have you reached out to him? Is he ignoring you? E-mail? PM's? How many, how often? It's the off season and quite understandably some people don't spend that much time around here.

OMG, felch is a little different that welch...like I say , he may have done both by now. LOL I would edit it out but it is kinda funny now.

Had to look it up................. :wacko:

Did you try sending him a PM before calling him out on the main football forum?

Calling someone a welcher is not taken lightly around here. Have you reached out to him? Is he ignoring you? E-mail? PM's? How many, how often? It's the off season and quite understandably some people don't spend that much time around here.

Hugh, the thread was started last year and has had hundreds of replies. This is another post after another post after another post after several emails after he obvioulsly lost the bet. I re-posted the bet as soon as he lost. It was reposted a month after that. Many huddlers are aware of this bet. Wolf knows the bet he made, he stressed it all year. I am simply reminding him of his word. When I lose a bet I promptly pay along with a smile and a handshake. I know every bet I make that it is possible to lose and I always make bets that I know I can afford to lose so that I can promptly pay and keep the door open for another bet so everything stays friendly. The bet was not monetary; the bet was over the wives fantasy league and who would go farther in the playoffs. The bet is well documented on thehuddle and had hundreds of replies. There is no way Wolf forgot this bet. He knows what he has to do. Smile for the camera in wife's clothing. Big Woo, it is not that hard to do.

Is felching part of the wager?

:wacko::D:D

I am now officially disturbed. If I had never known this word existed my life would be just that much better. I find it nothing short of disingenuous that anyone could use that word twice by mistake and can't help but think that this is no accident.

Actually The Wolf is busy this time of year ans will get on to this when he has time.

Well, with all due respect, the Wolf should inform his betting partner of this, as it seems there is obviously some miscommunication to say the least.

Well, with all due respect, the Wolf should inform his betting partner of this, as it seems there is obviously some miscommunication to say the least.

Pretty weak, still, that a call-out was necessary when the only "communication" is supposedly a well-traveled thread and not "personal" communication. Wolf hasn't been on much at all over the past several months. He's certainly not the welching (or felching, for that matter) type.

Pretty weak, still, that a call-out was necessary when the only "communication" is supposedly a well-traveled thread and not "personal" communication. Wolf hasn't been on much at all over the past several months. He's certainly not the welching (or felching, for that matter) type.

+1

Wolf is a good guy, met him personally and he's not one to "felch" on a bet.

In all honesty - what goes on in my personal life has a higher priority over dressing up like a woman and getting my picture taken for some dumb internet bet. Money is another story and should be paid promptly but calling someone out for something trivial as this is lame and remedial.

Agreed. An ocasional bump of a thread in the off season would not qualify as someone "welching" on a bet imo. Nor would a lack of response to this bumped thread warrant a call out in the main forum. However, from Scooby's Hubby's post, it seems several attempts at contact were made, and I quote:

This is another post after another post after another post after several emails after he obvioulsly lost the bet
If that's the case, Wolf should show his face and explain, or at least contact Scooby's Hubby directly and clarify the situation. Sending Big John in on his behalf seemed kinda weak as well. Edited by Hugh 0ne

Money is another story and should be paid promptly but calling someone out for something trivial as this is lame and remedial.

Kinda hard to argue, but on an anonymous internet forum, a bet is a bet and they should be taken seriously, even if it's ghey pictures or sig/avatar bets. JMHO.

The more disturbing question is why Scooby's Hubby's so excited about seeing Wolf in women's clothes? :wacko:

Is felching part of the wager?

:wacko::D:D

I am now officially disturbed. If I had never known this word existed my life would be just that much better. I find it nothing short of disingenuous that anyone could use that word twice by mistake and can't help but think that this is no accident.

Whoa, I guess I really never knew the term myself :D

And honestly, apparently I didn't know the meaning of snowballing either :D