[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Beer can chicken

Kid Cid

Here are two ways to do it, the first is the traditional method, the second, my special rub.

http://www.corrundum.net/post/Beer-Can-Chicken.aspx

http://www.corrundum.net/post/Beer-Can-Chi...tail-Style.aspx

Bought some cheap stands at Lowes that help hold the bird up. I think they were about $8 a piece. You just put the can in them and slid the chicken over them. I basically do a rub very much like your second link, but instead of beer I use mixture of equal parts apple juice and apple cider vinegar. I also smoke them instead of grill them. Typically takes about 4 hours on the smoker for the average chicken. You know it is done when you grab a leg and it falls right off. This is one of my favorite things to smoke. I typically do 3 or 4 at a time, and eat on them for a few days.

Edited by Perchoutofwater

Bought some cheap stands at Lowes that help hold the bird up. I think they were about $8 a piece. You just put the can in them and slid the chicken over them. I basically do a rub very much like your second link, but instead of beer I use mixture of equal parts apple juice and apple cider vinegar. I also smoke them instead of grill them. Typically takes about 4 hours on the smoker for the average chicken. You know it is done when you grab a leg and it falls right off. This is one of my favorite things to smoke. I typically do 3 or 4 at a time, and eat on them for a few days.

Yeah, the beer is more about adding moisture to the cooking environment than the actual beer. Any liquid will do (I've done apple juice, wine, beer and even water) although they will impart a subtle bit of flavor. I've tried smoking with this configuration but I just did not like the finished product anywhere near as well as when it comes off the grill.