[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Silva and Penn on the same card

Furd

In Abu Dhabi. Outdoors.

I don't see much of a challenge for either.

Somebody tell me why the rest of the card should interest me.

No reason that the rest of the card should interest you, but, sometimes those "other" fights turn out to be the most entertaining ones.

I'm terrible at UFC predictions.

Two things from the event:

1) Silva should be censured in some way.

2) So should the judge that scored the Penn fight 50-45.

brutal overall event wow just lame fights for the most part

- I absolutely love Silva but his over the top ali antics have to stop at some point, I guess when he feels he actually has a legit fight

- Penn looked out of shape, again...... and slow, disinterested - and I agree 50-45? on what planet did that happen

I think the UFC is gonna need some super fights here soon, ie Silva/Machida/Rampage or Silva/GSP, etc bc these cats seem to be getting pretty complacent in their own weight classes and they are going to feel the backlash from their fan base. Dana knows this and sounds effing sick of these guys antics

The whole sports bar I was in was disgusted with the card

brutal overall event wow just lame fights for the most part

- I absolutely love Silva but his over the top ali antics have to stop at some point, I guess when he feels he actually has a legit fight

- Penn looked out of shape, again...... and slow, disinterested - and I agree 50-45? on what planet did that happen

I think the UFC is gonna need some super fights here soon, ie Silva/Machida/Rampage or Silva/GSP, etc bc these cats seem to be getting pretty complacent in their own weight classes and they are going to feel the backlash from their fan base. Dana knows this and sounds effing sick of these guys antics

The whole sports bar I was in was disgusted with the card

Silva is no longer interested in 185. He's discussed going up to 205 or down to 170. Either way, he loses. I think it may be time for Bones Jones to face off with him. Anderson has to be tested by a legit wrestler. Jones fits the prototype to get it done.

As a Penn diehard, I'll admit he did come in not looking motivated. Hell, he didn't even make excuses after the fight. Something isn't right with him. I think like ASilva, he's no longer interested in 155.

And tap the breaks on Silva/Machida. Machida only has one fight left as champ, as SHogun who beat him last fight with finish him this time. That's my bold prediction. Shogun will end Machida and make the 205 class fun.

I also have to defend GSP, as I've never gotten the idea that he's complacent at 170. I thought he looked insane against Hardy, but just wasn't patient enough and went to high every time he took Hardy's back. I do think GSP can move to 185 and has a very good chance of being champ at 185/170. His wrestling skills are insane, and he can push the pace on Silva.

I've bought probably over 30 PPV during the last 3 years but as time goes on I'm losing interest. Dana asks his followers to pay out $50+ bones every 4-6 weeks and over half of the cards are meh? Not anymore. I chose not to buy this event even though there were 3 "name" fighters involved and I was right. I love the sport and the athletes are great but I'm not losing any sleep over missing the PPV buys anymore. I'll get my fix watching the Ultimate Fighter and the rare free events on Spike and Versus.Thanks for the ride Dana, it was fun while it lasted.

I've bought probably over 30 PPV during the last 3 years but as time goes on I'm losing interest. Dana asks his followers to pay out $50+ bones every 4-6 weeks and over half of the cards are meh? Not anymore. I chose not to buy this event even though there were 3 "name" fighters involved and I was right. I love the sport and the athletes are great but I'm not losing any sleep over missing the PPV buys anymore. I'll get my fix watching the Ultimate Fighter and the rare free events on Spike and Versus.Thanks for the ride Dana, it was fun while it lasted.

+1

Haven't purchased the past 3-4 UFC events, and watching them at a local bar, in this area, is not really an option. Can't say that I've really missed them, that much, especially considering I haven't been too surprised by any of the results. I'll probably order one again, at some point... if guys like GSP, Silva, and Lesnar ever fight anybody that I think might have a fighting chance against them, for example. Meanwhile, I'll use the extra $60 to play more golf, hopefully. :wacko: