[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Confessions of a picky foodie... a blog

peteteacher2001

Okay so don't ask how I came across this, I just did, and we'll leave it at that. Let's put it this way, you can pick your nose but not your family. Bier and Det take some pointers now. And always remember, "Wendy's usually has a great bacon cheeseburger"

http://thepickyfoodiestrikesback.blogspot.com/

It's not a challenge for a restaurant to please the people who eat most things. It's far more challenging to please people like me...that have a long list of things that they will not eat.

Is that supposed to inspire me?

What a tool. Someone stuck with an adolescent level of food appreciation and they wear it like a freaking badge of honor.

You've got allergies? That's fine, I'll bend over backwards trying to make something delicious that you can eat. You're not into really exotic stuff? That's fine as well. It's not my job to just please the food geeks. However, you pull some crap like ask Jack in the Crack to put only American Cheese rather than American and Swiss? Saying nothing of the fact that we're talking about low-grade processed crap that likely only resembles cheese in name. And now you want me to dig deep to find something that makes you happy?

Nice find pete :wacko:

Edited by detlef

i have to admit that i only skimmed it. kept saying to myself "what exactly am i supposed to taking note of?" all of my cooking experience has been in fine dining restaurants where it is a very rare occation that we said no to a guest..... regardless of wheather they are vegan, gluten free, lactose intolerant....etc, etc. i don't think i've made it through a shift where we didn't need to do at least 1 special order. but hey, if the gal who puts a high value on wendy's burgers is coming in just give me a little heads up and i'll ensure that her mid-well comes out "just so."

Edited by Bier Meister

i have to admit that i only skimmed it. kept saying to myself "what exactly am i supposed to taking note of?" all of my cooking experience has been in fine dining restaurants where it is a very rare occation that we said no to a guest..... regardless of wheather they are vegan, gluten free, lactose intolerant....etc, etc. i don't think i've made it through a shift where we didn't need to do at least 1 special order. but hey, if the gal who puts a high value on wendy's burgers is coming in just give me a little heads up and i'll ensure that her mid-well comes out "just so."

Nice Bier!!! I guess I am a bit jaded by this as I have had to cook various family dinners for this particular person and have been flamed to find that the food myself and my family have presented at holiday feasts have to take a back seat the The Red Baron himself!!!! :D

I am sure you have seen some very very very picky folks in your time though too!!!

I more or less posted this for a giggle or slight look of :D:D:wacko:

Don't get me wrong, I'll make someone whatever they want. In fact, I don't care if someone hates everything. I'll make them whatever they don't hate. However, in all my years, people who are super picky like this are typically rather coy about it, borderline ashamed. Now, I don't think anyone has to be ashamed for being totally sheltered like this, but they certainly shouldn't parade their petty hang-ups like it's something to be proud of.

in line with what det is saying...... we know of and deal with special orders and requests daily. we happily (and when it's busy... unhappily) make adjustments on the fly. it's the commitment to exceptional customer service and food that keeps people coming back. it's the chains where you find indifference... "we sell a billion burgers a year...don't really care if you come back."

WORD!

BTW, sounds like you're related to this person. My sister is the same freaking way and it annoys me to no end. Once I had made this Indian dessert, a semolina pudding. She was devouring it and said, "Wow, this is delicious! What is it?" I described it and then said, "It's basically like fancy Cream of Wheat."

She stopped mid bite, pushed the bowl away and said, "Oh, I hate Cream of Wheat." This woman was like 30 at the time! :wacko:

You would have thought I told her she was eating lamb scrotum or something.