[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

"Official" Draft Commentary "Thread"

Chief Dick

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure I want that pick. I have a weird feeling they are taking McClain.

I want them to take an offensive tackle.

I would be shocked if they took McClain that high...but I agree with you and think they should go OT...especially if it is Okung that falls into their lap

From the Star Tribune:

We posted an item this afternoon about a report from ESPN's John Clayton that the Vikings had contacted the Redskins about disgruntled defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth. Well, the stakes got raised a bit when Pro Football talk reported the Vikings were in"hot pursuit" of Haynesworth.

However, NFL sources continue to tell the Star Tribune that Haynesworth is not going to become a Viking.

Dodged a bullet on that one. :wacko:

The more I think about it the more I think DET should take Okung. Him plus best DT avail in 2d is better than Suh/McCoy plus best OL avail in 2d. Probably. To say nothing of a bigger need given their recent signings.

The more I think about it the more I think DET should take Okung. Him plus best DT avail in 2d is better than Suh/McCoy plus best OL avail in 2d. Probably. To say nothing of a bigger need given their recent signings.

The Lions have drafted one defensive player in the 1st round in like the last 12 years....that was Ernie Sims...their defense has been abysmal for the past 3 years (if not much longer)...Suh (if available) is a no brainier pick for them

Sal Pal just reported on ESPN97.5 in Philly that the Eagles and Dolphins are discussing a trade that would move the Eagles up to the #12 pick. Parcells wants the Eagles #24, as well as the recently-acquired #37.

We'll see if its just posturing, but its clear the Eagles want to move up and grab one of the top 2 safetys. Berry would be very expensive...Eagles would have to give up their 1st, early 2nd and 3rd, according to Sal.

He feels they draft a center at #24, then trade into the end of the 1st round and draft a CB.

Sal Pal just reported on ESPN97.5 in Philly that the Eagles and Dolphins are discussing a trade that would move the Eagles up to the #12 pick. Parcells wants the Eagles #24, as well as the recently-acquired #37.

We'll see if its just posturing, but its clear the Eagles want to move up and grab one of the top 2 safetys. Berry would be very expensive...Eagles would have to give up their 1st, early 2nd and 3rd, according to Sal.

He feels they draft a center at #24, then trade into the end of the 1st round and draft a CB.

i could live with Pouncey and Kareem Jackson

Chiefs are in a good spot for someone who really wants Berry.

The Lions have drafted one defensive player in the 1st round in like the last 12 years....that was Ernie Sims...their defense has been abysmal for the past 3 years (if not much longer)...Suh (if available) is a no brainier pick for them

Could draft a OT in the first and use their second on Haynesworth.

i could live with Pouncey and Kareem Jackson

Seems a high pick to spend on a plug-n-play Center, but with Kolb being so young, and not that mobile, Reid may indeed insist they beef up the OL.

I'd really love a playmaking Safety, but what Parcells is asking tough to stomach.