[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

'Is your momma a whore?'

From ESPN.com.....

Dolphins GM Jeff Ireland admits he asked Dez Bryant if his mother was a prostitute during pre-draft interviews, and apologized to the first-round pick.

"My job is to find out as much information as possible about a player," said Ireland. "Sometimes that leads to asking in-depth questions. Having said that, I talked to Dez Bryant and told him I used poor judgment. ... I certainly meant no disrespect and apologized to him." Bryant insisted his "mom is not a prostitute," and that the question made him "mad -- really mad."

Wow :wacko:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where there's smoke...?

Where's there's smoke, there's a whore? You need to invest in some KY.

I'm just saying. Did the GM just randomly ask prospects if their mom's were prostitutes? Or was there something else he knew (or thought he knew) and that was why he asked?

Don't misunderstand. The question was waay out of bounds. So why that question to that player?

And I have no interest in investing in Kentucky, thank you.

fwiw, his mom evidently did 18mos for drug trafficking so that is probably what prompted the question....have heard a ton of why it was a bad question and why it was an ok question to ask....I think it crossed the line but I can see what Ireland was trying to do...you have a guy with possibly a volatile attitude so you want to push the envelope to see how he responds...especially considering that you are going to be giving that guy millions of dollars....but still think it was over the line

I don't think it should make any difference what his Mom did or didn't do. He's obviously not his Mom.

he isn't but I think there is something to what a player is surrounded by, desensitized to and potentially caught in the middle of (perhaps guilty by association) before paying the player millions and millions.

Granted, the question seemed a little out of line - at the very least, because the info could have been found out in a different manner - but I can see where it does have at least a little relevance

he isn't but I think there is something to what a player is surrounded by, desensitized to and potentially caught in the middle of (perhaps guilty by association) before paying the player millions and millions.

Granted, the question seemed a little out of line - at the very least, because the info could have been found out in a different manner - but I can see where it does have at least a little relevance

I dont think he cared about the answer but more about how Dez handled it. IE: does he fly off the handle or does he say "I respectfully don't see how that applies to my football career and would appreciate it if we leave my mother out of this interview".

I dont think he cared about the answer but more about how Dez handled it. IE: does he fly off the handle or does he say "I respectfully don't see how that applies to my football career and would appreciate it if we leave my mother out of this interview".

That's not a good enough reason to ask a dude if his momma is a whore, imo.

Keggerz, is your momma a whore?

Time and place.

I've heard plenty explain that the question was asked to see how he would react to opposing fans getting in his face. But I think that's total BS. Opposing fans are just that, a bunch of a-holes with nothing better to do than to try to get under your skin. They're much more easy to ignore than someone in the drivers seat like a guy who is going to decide whether or not the team he represents is going to select you in the draft.

Further, I don't think this justifies it one bit at all. "I only fondled one of my waitresses because I wanted to see how she would respond if a customer did the same."

Lastly, all the noise about the gravity of the decision and how it impacts the NFL and the Dolphins is a bunch of crap. There's one guy who's ass is on the line and that's Ireland. The NFL as a whole risks nothing by whether or not the Dolphins draft him because somebody is going to if they don't. And it's not like any single bad apple has come even close to bringing down the shield. The Dolphins themsleves barely risk anything, at least financially because of the way the money is doled out. I mean, if making bad draft picks truly doomed your franchise, why are the Lions still in business?. No, there's one person and one person only who has to worry about whether or not Dez Bryant is worth rolling the dice on and that's the GM who picks him. Because if he and others are a busts, dude is going to be out a job. So, spare me the bit about him looking out for who the franchise he works for is about to spend mad jack on. Ireland is covering his own ass and was prepared to go far over the line to make sure of it.

That's not a good enough reason to ask a dude if his momma is a whore, imo.

Keggerz, is your momma a whore?

I didn't say it was a good reason just that it was probably the reason the question was asked.

and no my mom isn't a whore.