[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Massive Gulf Coast Oil Spill

BeeR

• Replies 693
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, bw must be a girl because I sure couldn't keep typing if I'd been owned and kicked in the nuts as many times has he has. :wacko:

some people like the abuse...

I remember watching some reality show on HBO about hookers a few years ago and a guy put in a request for several pins to be pushed through his...sac...

...he paid for this...

............. :tup:

that massive "a-whale" oil skimmer is STILL parked in dock in virginia, waiting on red tape to clear.

Prett sure that it is being tested in the gulf of Mexico right now . .

I guess Fox and Friends and the Hertiage foundation took the weekend off . . .:unsure

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100703/ap_on_..._gulf_oil_spill

Prett sure that it is being tested in the gulf of Mexico right now . .

I guess Fox and Friends and the Hertiage foundation took the weekend off . . .:unsure

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100703/ap_on_..._gulf_oil_spill

Skeptics doubt vessel's ability to clean up spill

So far tests of the ship's ability to skim oil are inconclusive and yet to prove its Taiwanese owners' claim that it can skim between 15,000 and 50,000 barrels of oil from the sea per day --- more than any vessel on the planet......For example, only 1,100 barrels were collected in a 24-hour period from Sunday to Monday, less than the amount coming out in more than an hour.

Who would have thunk that the more info that comes ;the more it becomes clear a lot of these right wing talking point claims accepted and repeated as gospel morph into overzealous half-truths at best? :wacko:

Edited by bushwacked

Skeptics doubt vessel's ability to clean up spill

Who would have thunk that the more info that comes ;the more it becomes clear a lot of these right wing talking point claims accepted and repeated as gospel morph into overzealous half-truths at best? :wacko:

why does it have to be "right wing"?...because the argument differs from yours, it is "right wing"?....this is the crap I'm always talking about....

why does it have to be "right wing"?...because the argument differs from yours, it is "right wing"?....this is the crap I'm always talking about....

When have Fox and Friends and the Heritage Foundation, who Az considers more unbiased than factcheck.org :wacko:, not been "right wing?" :tup:

Edited by bushwacked

So far tests of the ship's ability to skim oil are inconclusive and yet to prove its Taiwanese owners' claim that it can skim between 15,000 and 50,000 barrels of oil from the sea per day --- more than any vessel on the planet......For example, only 1,100 barrels were collected in a 24-hour period from Sunday to Monday, less than the amount coming out in more than an hour.

I have some serious issues with this statement. That ship has to be maneuvered and placed in such a way as to be almost directly sideways to an oil stream. The mechanics of the ship allows it to suck in water while it is anchored SIDEWAYS in direct line of the spill. These facts are conveniently left out of this report. :wacko:

I have some serious issues with this statement. That ship has to be maneuvered and placed in such a way as to be almost directly sideways to an oil stream. The mechanics of the ship allows it to suck in water while it is anchored SIDEWAYS in direct line of the spill. These facts are conveniently left out of this report. :wacko:

What is also left out is the fact that all this skimming would be a lot more effective if the toxic dispersents had not been used. Am I thinking wrong here? I am no engineer, far from it. But it seems to me that the oil should have not been dispersed IF recovery was a serious consideration to begin with. I mean, we are pumping thousands of gallons of poison to break up oil that would otherwise "clot" thus making cleanup much more efficient...strike that, actually possible. I would love for someone to prove this line of reasoning flawed, because until I hear that from someone not involved in the spin job of the century, I'm convinced this has been handled horribly from the beginning. No plan. No common sense.

At the very least, this event should be proof positive that we are absolutely suffocating in bureaucracy. We have created a monster that is paralyzed under duress.

What is also left out is the fact that all this skimming would be a lot more effective if the toxic dispersents had not been used. Am I thinking wrong here? I am no engineer, far from it. But it seems to me that the oil should have not been dispersed IF recovery was a serious consideration to begin with. I mean, we are pumping thousands of gallons of poison to break up oil that would otherwise "clot" thus making cleanup much more efficient...strike that, actually possible. I would love for someone to prove this line of reasoning flawed, because until I hear that from someone not involved in the spin job of the century, I'm convinced this has been handled horribly from the beginning. No plan. No common sense.

At the very least, this event should be proof positive that we are absolutely suffocating in bureaucracy. We have created a monster that is paralyzed under duress.

Jeebus, I can't tell if you are a fishin and I probably shouldn't even reply to this. Dispersing was done in an attempt to minimize the amount of oil from moving onto shores and dispersed oil degrades a lot more quickly. This is basic hydrogeochemistry 101 and it's not like it has been used and developed to make oil spills worse as part of a ridiculous conspiracy. :wacko:

Edited by bushwacked

Jeebus, I can't tell if you are a fishin and I probably shouldn't even reply to this. Dispersing was done in an attempt to minimize the amount of oil from moving onto shores and dispersed oil degrades a lot more quickly. This is basic hydogeochemistry 101 and it's not like it has been used and developed to make oil spills worse as part of a ridiculous conspiracy. :tup:

Who is fishing here? By law we don't even know exactly what is in this dispersant. But from what I have been able to find out, it is FOUR TIMES more toxic than the oil itself. Given the oil company's crimes enroute to this accident I do not think it the slightest big crazy to ask if their "solution" isn't worse than the disease. It must be a comfort to have such faith in your government and their cozy little relationship with these environmental terrorists. You really trust they are doing the right things now, even though neither have done the right thing enroute to this disaster to begin with?

And I am the tin-foil hat guy here? Really? For questioning the methodology of those responsible for the biggest man-made environmental disaster in history. You are putting all your chips on them are ya? Wow. :wacko:

And I am the tin-foil hat guy here? Really? For questioning the methodology of those responsible for the biggest man-made environmental disaster in history. You are putting all your chips on them are ya? Wow. :wacko:

Yes

And it is not the biggest man-made environmental disaster in history.

That would be me...or so I've been told.

It would be both of you.

Jeebus, I can't tell if you are a fishin and I probably shouldn't even reply to this. Dispersing was done in an attempt to minimize the amount of oil from moving onto shores and dispersed oil degrades a lot more quickly. This is basic hydogeochemistry 101 and it's not like it has been used and developed to make oil spills worse as part of a ridiculous conspiracy. :wacko:

are you talking about the nightmare that has moved to our shores and is still spreading?....oh yeah, this chemical that is being dispersed into the waters to break down the oil is working like a charm...

one would assume the oil would be easier to clean up if it wasn't spread so thin....

and this is without your so-called momogeochemistry 101 bullcrap...it's pure logic...

are you talking about the nightmare that has moved to our shores and is still spreading?....oh yeah, this chemical that is being dispersed into the waters to break down the oil is working like a charm...

one would assume the oil would be easier to clean up if it wasn't spread so thin....

Well it would be easier yet if we just pumped it into a great big magic vacuum. :wacko:

and this is without your so-called momogeochemistry 101 bullcrap...it's pure logic...

One would be completely incorrect because a dissolved plume of hydrocarbons in any kind of water (especially the ocean) dilutes and degrades very rapidly relative to oil in it's pure phase. It would "clean up" on it's own.

It must be a comfort to have such faith in your government and their cozy little relationship with these environmental terrorists.

Yes, what I told you was based on nothing but pure faith with the govt. and a relationship with environmental terrorists. :wacko:

One would be completely incorrect because a dissolved plume of hydrocarbons in any kind of water (especially the ocean) dilutes and degrades very rapidly relative to oil in it's pure phase. It would "clean up" on it's own.

Yeah. once I spilled a quart of 90w in my swimming pool. We had some kids coming over for a birthday party and they were all expecting to swim. I thought about just trying to pick up that blob of oil with a cat-litter scooper, but instead I just poured a gallon of benzine on it and stirred it up real good. Everybody had a great time. Oh sure, some of those kids died of cancer over the next few years, but the important thing was that I did not alarm anybody at the party and nobody was the wiser. :wacko:

Yeah. once I spilled a quart of 90w in my swimming pool. We had some kids coming over for a birthday party and they were all expecting to swim. I thought about just trying to pick up that blob of oil with a cat-litter scooper, but instead I just poured a gallon of benzine on it and stirred it up real good. Everybody had a great time. Oh sure, some of those kids died of cancer over the next few years, but the important thing was that I did not alarm anybody at the party and nobody was the wiser. :wacko:

You could of just put some Dawn® dish washing liquid on it. But hey, here is thinking of the kids.

:tup: I am speechless, you win this one psychobabble, but I'll have my vengeance !!! :wacko: