[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Massive Gulf Coast Oil Spill

BeeR

Video of oil leaking from the sea floor:

http://waronyou.com/topics/rov-films-oil-l...ks-on-seafloor/

I thought I read somewhere that what was thought to be oil leaking from the floor was actually oil that had come to rest in the cracks, and when the camera/sub that was filming it distrubed the area, the oil made it appear as if it was seeping out from the crack? :wacko:

Either way, its pretty pathetic, but it may not be as catostophic as oil actually seeping from the floor would be.

• Replies 693
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought I read somewhere that what was thought to be oil leaking from the floor was actually oil that had come to rest in the cracks, and when the camera/sub that was filming it distrubed the area, the oil made it appear as if it was seeping out from the crack? :wacko:

Either way, its pretty pathetic, but it may not be as catostophic as oil actually seeping from the floor would be.

Well, then there would be gas leaking from the floor that pushes the oil up no? Either way, something is causing the oil to be pushed out. There is definitely more going on than they are letting on.

FWIW, I heard (I know, everyone has "heard" their crazy rumors) there is a leak much worse than the well that they keep talking about. That leak is actually from the floor and not the well. So the question would be, even if they do plug this well eventually, what about any other leaks? What if they really ARE worse than the well?

Well, I was pretty sure that when Obama was elected the end of the world was near. This just reinforces my view. We're all FOkKED, FOkKED I TELL YOU!!!!!!!!!

Edited by SEC=UGA

:wacko: Terribly frustrating...

Hey, good news, looks like they took the collector cap off to put on another collector cap that they are assuring us will be better than the first collector cap. Pretty soon the whole gulf will be pristine, again.

Hey, good news, looks like they took the collector cap off to put on another collector cap that they are assuring us will be better than the first collector cap. Pretty soon the whole gulf will be pristine, again.

For me, Im sick of hearing what MIGHT happen. Dont tell me things will be fixed just to let me down. Fix it, then tell me when it is fixed. I have my doubts anything they do will fix this anytime soon.

Gee, kinda makes you wonder why they didn't put on the right collector cap in the very beginning. My stepson and I discussed this very type of containment cap early on. Why couldn't they do this we wondered? They could do it as it turned out. But first they wanted to trot out a variety of half-assed solutions with little chance of success. Oh well, you win some you lose some...

Gee, kinda makes you wonder why they didn't put on the right collector cap in the very beginning. My stepson and I discussed this very type of containment cap early on. Why couldn't they do this we wondered? They could do it as it turned out. But first they wanted to trot out a variety of half-assed solutions with little chance of success. Oh well, you win some you lose some...

... and make a sh*tload of cash using dispersants along the way.

More like expected. People will do anything for a buck.

perceived buck, that is...

The end of the world hyperbole from these methane people is really annoying.

+100...one person started breaking out in prayer in his own video..

he started with facts and what scientists have said and then turned into channel 60-something 4am in the morning about half-way through...

For me, Im sick of hearing what MIGHT happen. Dont tell me things will be fixed just to let me down. Fix it, then tell me when it is fixed. I have my doubts anything they do will fix this anytime soon.

Like I said, this isnt over... No where near it IMO.

http://www.baynews9.com/article/news/2010/...llection-of-oil

Might wanna rethink the stupidity in investing in BP eh?

And the stupidity just keeps 'a comin' from BP...

http://www.americablog.com/2010/07/bp-phot...of-command.html

I'm glad they sniffed this one out right away so I didn't have to start some loony conspiracy theory about it.