[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

A little beer shopping tonight

Puddy

Here's the other bar's IPA list.

Southern Tier Unearthly IPA

Bells HopSlam

Weyerbacher Double Simcoe

Founders Devil Dancer This was out so they replaced with Sierra Nevada Hoptimum

Dogfish Head Burton Baton

Heavy Seas Black Cannon

The Brew Kettle White Rajah - local brewery

Fat Heads Head Hunter IPA

Alesmith Yulesmith IPA

Dark Horse Crooked Tree IPA

Mad RIver Steelhead DBL IPA

Great Divide Hercules

Green Flash West Coast

He'Brew Lenny Bruce Rye IPA

The Heavy Seas Black Cannon was awesome. A black IPA.

The Willoughby Brewing Co's Hop Jam was also very good. A black rye. They are a local pretty much right across the street from the two bars that are having the IPAlooza. Actually, all 3 are owned by the same group.

Been really digging Founders' Dirty Bastard Scotch Ale. Delicious, especially considering the strength.

Picked up a six of HopSlam--I've avoided it in years past because I'm not a hophead, and basically I was a big huge idiot. Stuff is ridiculously good, and surprisingly balanced and drinkable.

Peace

policy

I am a fan of these two. Their other offerings I think are just ok when compared to other breweries offerings of the same style.

The lager was boring as hell, but I enjoyed most others. I think the Moonglow is a delicious beer and that Hop Wallop is among my favorite DIPAs. I was also particularly impressed with the Old Horizontal. Very balanced and yet plenty rich.

The only other one that I was sort of meh about was the Dopplebock. Then again, that is quite likely my least favorite style of beer, especially now that I've come around more to barleywines in general.

It is Barleywine time!

Lagunitas Gnarlywine

Serra Nevada Bigfoot

Great Divide Old Ruffian

Stone Old Guardian

Green Flash Barleywine

Bought two bottles of each. One for the present, one for about 1 year from now.

:wacko:

Well played, I've got some of those stashed as well.

When I was in Minnesota a couple weeks ago I was floored how many micros have hit the market (bottles) than when I was there several years ago. Looks like lots of good stuff popping up out there these days.

I drank a Bridgeport Double Red over the weekend. High in maltiness and "tripple hopped." Not much of hope nose, beer went down smooth and the malty hop balance made it very drinkable. Decent beer, but expected more.

I have finished up 5 gallons of home-made double alt and 5-gallons of home made authentic pilsner over the last several weeks (with friends of course). Have 10 gallons of a Rye IPA currently fermenting that should be able to hit the kegs in approximately 2 weeks.

• 2 weeks later...

Russian River Brewing Co.

I am always trying to find thier IPA's and the liqour stores are always out of the Pliny the Elder or Blind Pigs IPA's, which I rotate with Stone Brewings various IPA's. Last night I bought some of their limited release beers and put them in my wine cellar and drank the one's htat had been in there for ayear or two... If you can get these beers try them! They are pretty good without the age on them as well!!

Russian River Brewing

On a less obscure note, I hadn't had Red Hook in some time so grabbed a 12 pack of their mixer pack. Good stuff. Like the ales most I think - the IPA is decent but nothing amazing. Good overall beer at a reasonable price, basically.

Russian River Brewing Co.

I am always trying to find thier IPA's and the liqour stores are always out of the Pliny the Elder or Blind Pigs IPA's, which I rotate with Stone Brewings various IPA's. Last night I bought some of their limited release beers and put them in my wine cellar and drank the one's htat had been in there for ayear or two... If you can get these beers try them! They are pretty good without the age on them as well!!

Russian River Brewing

can never find the elder and forget about the younger