[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2010 Dynasty League Drafts

General Itals

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a whole lot easier to draft after you've seen players up against NFL vets for a while. Some don't seem to be up to the challenge.

I finally took the plunge into dynasty this year. I've been doing redrafts for about 11-12 years now. Dynasty is a completely different animal. I'd equate it with the whole big fish little pond (redraft style) to little fish big pond (dynasty). But I have to tell you...I'm really enjoying it. I can't believe I waited so long to swim in the deep end.

Why?

J. Lewis is gone. I don't really buy into the whole "Jerome Harrison is the second coming of Jesus in FF" hype. Meh James Davis doesn't scare me. Chris Jennings in legal trouble so not worried about him. They have two huge Fullbacks leading the way for their RB, I'll take a shot on this guy, word has it he was taking snaps with the first team when Harrison didn't show. Oh yeah, also he's already being compared to the ex tenessee RB Jamal Lewis, a pro-bowl, 1000+ yard season rusher.

I finally took the plunge into dynasty this year. I've been doing redrafts for about 11-12 years now. Dynasty is a completely different animal. I'd equate it with the whole big fish little pond (redraft style) to little fish big pond (dynasty). But I have to tell you...I'm really enjoying it. I can't believe I waited so long to swim in the deep end.

You're still swimming in the shallow end if you're not into IDP yet. :wacko:

You just answered you own question. Dynasty owners want to make their FF experience more similar to NFL management. NFL teams don't get to see whether their draft picks will pan out prior to OTAs, TC, or the preseason. Dynasty FFers want the same experience of scouting their players prior and drafting prior to the onset of the drafted players' careers.

It's a whole lot easier to draft after you've seen players up against NFL vets for a while. Some don't seem to be up to the challenge.

I see your side of it and in fact I would not mind doing it that way as well. We have been doing it in August for all 13 years and up until I seen all these drafts on there this year I never even thought of doing it differently. I am not sure I would like it much though in May that does a few things. It cuts down the chances for your league to make trades for draft picks. It be interesting though to have the rookie draft in July and then the FA auction in August. We actually have our entire league get together for the draft which is hard enough as it is for 1 day so we would probably have to draft online if we split it. I like the feel of having everyone at the draft live even though I bet those days are pretty much over for most of you. I still run 3 leagues and do all 3 drafts live with most of the people in the league at the draft. For the dynasty league it is important all are present for the FA Auction as doing that online would be very difficult.

I can see your point for wanting it earlier so no one can see how the players perform because if you like someone and they blow up in the preseason their draft stock will rise big time but it also is nice to see how the players preform at least in camp and some preseason games as well when your putting your draft picks on the line for players that you will keep for many years and be the future of your franchise.

I suggest you try a low buy in Dynasty IDP BoTH league next year Muto. $50 is the average and as long as you don't blow the team up the first year, you could always bow out if you don't like it. But until you actually try a full blown IDP Dyansty the way 95% of the FF population plays, there is really nothing anybody can say to you to convince you otherwise.

It cuts down the chances for your league to make trades for draft picks.

Incorrect, you have the same 12 months to trade that every other league has. May to May is the same as August to August.

We understand the apprehension to drafting early. One must have great self confidence to gamble on a player a few hours after they are drafted by the NFL club. USDA happens to start our draft on May 1st since it's an easy day to remember. There are some dynasty leagues that draft before the NFL draft even starts. Even more self confidence and research is needed for those leagues.

Not everyone relies on their own scouting talents, the vast majority rely on other people's perspectives to draft. That's why sites like theHuddle exist - to give those that need it reassurance and cheatsheets to draft by.

Incorrect, you have the same 12 months to trade that every other league has. May to May is the same as August to August.

We understand the apprehension to drafting early. One must have great self confidence to gamble on a player a few hours after they are drafted by the NFL club. USDA happens to start our draft on May 1st since it's an easy day to remember. There are some dynasty leagues that draft before the NFL draft even starts. Even more self confidence and research is needed for those leagues.

Not everyone relies on their own scouting talents, the vast majority rely on other people's perspectives to draft. That's why sites like theHuddle exist - to give those that need it reassurance and cheatsheets to draft by.

I was in a league that drafted the day of the Pro Bowl for about 8 years until I had to start cutting down. And yes we drafted rookies too. It was always fun to look at past years and see how far down the draft some of the bigger named players were drafted.

Actually in USDA Riff does a Mock Draft of our rookie draft about a week before the draft. That's the list I use as a cheat sheet! :wacko:

umm, I was giving props to RR, so perhaps BB should chill?

or maybe take up knitting since you so hate the home team?

Got it. So instead of making realistic assessments, I should swing from McDaniel's sack despite how much of a boob he's proven himself to be? That would show my love for the Broncos? A real fan of the team doesn't hesitate to criticize them - we want to see them get better. Instead of just excusing the fiasco that is the McDaniels' era to date, why don't you take a few well earned swings at McDaniels for his utterly inept drafting and running off extremely talented young players rather than maturing them through a teaching process. A team doesn't need "fans" like you who are willing to accept such incredible ineptness and show their "love" no matter how badly the team is heading down hill. You want that kind of team? Become a Browns' or a Lions' fan. The standard is higher in Denver for a reason. Your "you just hate the team" whining sounds an awful lot like your immature HC who you worship.

Got it. So instead of making realistic assessments, I should swing from McDaniel's sack despite how much of a boob he's proven himself to be? That would show my love for the Broncos? A real fan of the team doesn't hesitate to criticize them - we want to see them get better. Instead of just excusing the fiasco that is the McDaniels' era to date, why don't you take a few well earned swings at McDaniels for his utterly inept drafting and running off extremely talented young players rather than maturing them through a teaching process. A team doesn't need "fans" like you who are willing to accept such incredible ineptness and show their "love" no matter how badly the team is heading down hill. You want that kind of team? Become a Browns' or a Lions' fan. The standard is higher in Denver for a reason. Your "you just hate the team" whining sounds an awful lot like your immature HC who you worship.

Actually, Opie was on the other side of the fence when he was hired. It's only until recently he has begun defending him. Sorry Opie but it's true.

:wacko:

Actually, Opie was on the other side of the fence when he was hired. It's only until recently he has begun defending him. Sorry Opie but it's true.

I know. As difficult as it is to believe, LO actually has grown fond of McDaniels despite all the evidence put forth since his hiring of how he's flushing the team down the toilet. At least they'll be nice losers....

Do you live in Cleveland ? NO. So what the hell do you know about Cleveland fans. Keep your thoughts about other teams fans to yourself. Thanks.

Actually in USDA Riff does a Mock Draft of our rookie draft about a week before the draft. That's the list I use as a cheat sheet! :wacko:

LOL - Fun stuff

I usually do a mock draft for USDA in January (yes... January) and a follow-up mock draft the day after the NFL draft.

I suggest you try a low buy in Dynasty IDP BoTH league next year Muto. $50 is the average and as long as you don't blow the team up the first year, you could always bow out if you don't like it. But until you actually try a full blown IDP Dyansty the way 95% of the FF population plays, there is really nothing anybody can say to you to convince you otherwise.

This has been discussed before and it's untrue. The vast majority of FF players do not do IDP, let alone dynasty play.

This has been discussed before and it's untrue. The vast majority of FF players do not do IDP, let alone dynasty play.

Another attempt at luring Henry into a BoTH league ruined. :wacko: We'll get Henry into a BoTH league somehow, someway.