[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Draft Boards/Draft Parties

Infinity

Along the same lines as BeeR (using projection screen and being cheap), we use a buddy's boardroom every year. a lage projection works really well for our auction league since we track picks and bidding dollars remaining. But for the local redraft leagues I'm thinking there's something about that white board that adds to the experience....ever since I saw Rich Eisen taunting 10-year old kids on the white board last year I've been hooked.

Haha, see i have a projector in my basement, and i could do that. But i feel like there has got to be something about walking up to a draft board/white board that is just exciting

Haha, see i have a projector in my basement, and i could do that. But i feel like there has got to be something about walking up to a draft board/white board that is just exciting

My favorite draft party of the year uses the CBS Sportsline draft board. There is definitely a fun factor in waiting to see which sticker the guy ahead of you peels off and smacks on the board. It's not nearly as dramatic to watch a guy click a mouse. In many ways, the draft party is one of the most important aspects of your league. It's where your team is largely built, where the most smack talk takes place, and where the most fun is had. The rest of the season can be used to fiddle around on a computer.

Plus, we always razz each other with some of the stickers that were fantasy legends of the past. For instance, remember the year of Billy Volek? We always slap his sticker on the guy who won the championship with Volek that year. I plugged and played Sage Rosenfels two years ago and won the SB with him as my starting QB in the playoffs, so I usually get the Sage sticker at some point. Good times.

I just hosted my first ever live draft at my house last year. I looked at that exact site prior to my draft as well. I ended up going to Walmart and just getting one of those big boards and some different colored markers, a yard stick and made my own. It worked out fine. I had a 10 man tourney with 15 rounds and everything fit nicely.

I saw my self putting in 20$ for the buy in, and then around 15$ more for the equipment to make the board. I really don't want to have spend more money on a board, then my buy in.

Go to the manager of the hottest strip club in yer town EXCEPT for Yukon! Ask about renting one of their VIP rooms for the draft and hire the hottest chick they got to go topless and make each owners draft picks. Be sure to square away the drinks and food and make sure you have a designated driver. Enjoy...

I just hosted my first ever live draft at my house last year. I looked at that exact site prior to my draft as well. I ended up going to Walmart and just getting one of those big boards and some different colored markers, a yard stick and made my own. It worked out fine. I had a 10 man TOURNEY with 15 rounds and everything fit nicely.

I saw my self putting in 20$ for the buy in, and then around 15$ more for the equipment to make the board. I really don't want to have spend more money on a board, then my buy in.

What? You were in a 10 man tourney with a $20 dollar buy in? Are we talkin poker or FF here :wacko:

Get the board because there's nothing like going up there peeling the sticker and putting it on the board. Then looking at the guys face picking behind you on your way back to your war room spot and seeing the heartbreak written all over his face you just caused! Can't get that raw emotion punching picks into a laptop. It's well worth the 3,4, or 5 bucks per owner to get it

I wasn't sure of the proper place to post this thread, however I am starting up a local league and I'm debating whether or not to invest in one of these draft boards I've seen online for our draft party. Been playing FF for 6-7 years now and I've never once been to a draft party, nevertheless hosted one.

See Link for what I'm talking about: http://www.fjfantasy.com/

It comes with i suppose labels for all the players and then the big draft board. I noticed that this site isn't a re-usable board, I'm not sure if there are better sites with re-usable ones.

Just looking for advice on this. What's your experience with these draft boards? Recommend them? Yay or nay?

Also what else should i get to have a kick-ass draft party?

Thanks in advance

-Infinity

As Commish of 15 year old local league, I make Draft Sheets for all owners to track the live draft. We have it at a sports bar the league is named after. Anyone who drafts a player that has already been drafted buys the league a drink....Great times always....And we have a "Round Girl " in bikini and numbered cards to hold up between rounds....

It is all about the draft party my friend! My local redraft league been using "The Draft Kit" for the past 10 years and it is great. For $18.00 you can't beat it. Dont get suckered into buying the jumbo one for $40.

It is always nice to have "sticker chicks" and beer wenches to take care of the draft board and keep your glasses full. We have in recent years expanded our Saturday draft party out to Friday golf and have recruited co-eds to serve as caddies. Who said fraternity life would not pay off 20 years down the road.

http://www.draftkit.com/

Happy draft partying! :wacko: