Sign in to follow this  
billay

Well that didn't take long

Link

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. — Two years ago, Eric Bledsoe was a star point guard without the grades to meet the N.C.A.A.’s minimum standards and needing to find a new high school. He solved both problems by moving to A. H. Parker High School and now, after one season at the University of Kentucky, he is awaiting a lucrative payday in next month’s N.B.A. draft.

As a freshmen at Kentucky, Bledsoe averaged 11.3 points, 3.1 rebounds and 2.9 assists a game.

The changes in Bledsoe’s academic and athletic prospects have attracted the attention of the N.C.A.A., which has sent investigators to at least three places in Alabama to ask about him. The N.C.A.A. does not talk about its investigations, and the scope of this one is unknown.

But Bledsoe’s academic makeover and the extra benefits he apparently received could be another blow to Kentucky Coach John Calipari, who led teams at Massachusetts and Memphis that had their records and Final Four appearances expunged after rules violations were found under his watch.

Interviews with those connected with Bledsoe’s life in Birmingham revealed potential violations.

I'm not surprised at all.

Calipari is as crooked as they come - I think his career will end badly and he will be remembered in the same way as.......................

Jerry Tarkanian

Calipari is as crooked as they come - I think his career will end badly and he will be remembered in the same way as.......................

Jerry Tarkanian

I won't get into an argument about Cal, because he clearly operates in the gray area and takes chances that alot of other coaches don't with players, but Tark does have one of the greatest quotes in NCAA history when he said "The NCAA is so mad at Kentucky, they put Cleveland State on probation."

Classic.

Thats the second holiday weekend in a row that a non story has been broken on Friday. I wonder what non story will be conjured up for labor day weekend?

Two current players with agents - LMAO - I'm sorry, but there is nothing remotely close to NBA talent left on UK's roster.

Two current players with agents - LMAO - I'm sorry, but there is nothing remotely close to NBA talent left on UK's roster.

Not yet anyway. Give Coach Cal some time & he'll cheat together another strong team. :wacko: