Sign in to follow this  
buddahj

The Cincinnati Reds

I have a bad feeling the Reds are gonna blow it. If they can just keep hitting and have the bullpen stay fiesty, the starting pitching will be good enough, but San Fran may hold that Wildcard spot down and we may have to win the division.

I have that same feeling. Their bullpen worries me. One day they are unhittable, the next not so much. They need to find some consistency, or it's going to be a long couple of months.

I have that same feeling. Their bullpen worries me. One day they are unhittable, the next not so much. They need to find some consistency, or it's going to be a long couple of months.

The thing is that your main challenger has a SP problem, beyond the top 3 they have nobody. And 1 of those is getting shut down soon. So unless they make a trade for a SP ya'll should be fine.

Philips opened his mouth like a dummy and the Cards promptly bitch slapped the Reds on their home field.

Philips opened his mouth like a dummy and the Cards promptly bitch slapped the Reds on their home field.

Maybe he was trying to motivate his teammates. To bad it didn't work. Very disappointing series for the redlegs.

dang, now I am convinced ...

Alright...Reds win & Cards are losing. If the Cubs can hold on, the Reds will be a game up.

Who is this Travis Wood kid that pitched last night? He didn't look very big but he pitched well.

Another rookie. He's pitching pretty good. I think he pitched 8 no-hit innings against the Phils last month.

I'm rooting for the Reds, seeing how the Royals are probably out of it for this year.

4.5 game lead now. The first time the Reds have won in LA since 2005 :tup:

Welcome to the darkside CD, now if you could kindly have your pitchers blow up in HOTD today that would be appreciated :wacko:

Joey Votto for MVP??? 1st in BA, 3rd in HR & 2nd in RBI

Still 3 1/2 games up on the Cards.

Joey Votto for MVP??? 1st in BA, 3rd in HR & 2nd in RBI

Still 3 1/2 games up on the Cards.

It will either be him or Pujols. (Pujols is currently #1 in HR, #1 in RBI, and #3 in BA (only .004 behind Votto).)

If the Reds hold off the Cardinals to win the Central, then it would be very hard to not give it to Votto. Although, in the unlikely event that Pujols wins the triple crown, I don't see how they couldn't give it to him. (Other factors to consider are that some voters might have sympathy for Pujols since he was screwed out of at least two MVP's by a juiced-up Barry Bonds earlier in his career. One the other hand, voters might have Pujols-fatigue and since his numbers are slightly down from years past (along with everybody else in the league), they might consider this to be an off-year for him.)

This is an interesting pennant race to watch though.

5 games up with a little over a month to go

Jay Bruce is on fire. Reds up 6 on the Cards now. :wacko:

Reds up 6 on the Cards now. :wacko:

That's only because the Cardinals are facing some very tough competition right now: the Pirates, Nationals and Astros are all excellent teams and so it makes sense that the Cardinals have gone 2-6 in the last week. :tup:

Jay Bruce is on fire. Reds up 6 on the Cards now. :tup:

and all 14,900 fans were there to witness it last night. :wacko:

pathetic, especially when you realize the Phils have soldout, in this economy, 104 straight gams (44,000+)

and all 14,900 fans were there to witness it last night. :wacko:

pathetic, especially when you realize the Phils have soldout, in this economy, 104 straight gams (44,000+)

Tampa Bay, with IMO an even better team, only got 11,000 last night. Total joke.

102 mph with this 3rd pitch. his breaking ball is nasty.

Edited by buddahj