[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Stanley Cup Finals

buddahj

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crazy game Blackhawks really turned it up in the 3rd period Philly just seemed to be stick in their on zone for most of the third period got a couple of good shots on Niemi late though fun game to watch should be a great series really just hope the Hawks can pull it out.

Not sure what to say, a messy, but exciting game. I'm glad the Hawks found a way to pull it off. They are taking stupid penalties and turning the puck over way too much for a championship team. Second time in the playoffs they play a team that plays a perfect game with no penalties. Quite odd.

after watching the 1st period of game two, it just feels like Chicago just has the overall edge...they seem to be making one more play every shift and their passes are more crisp which are creating scoring chances...the Flyers on the other hand are making sloppy plays with the puck and almost seem like they feel lucky to get it out of their zone...

hopefully the Flyers can step up in the 2nd and 3rd to steal some momentum on Chicago ice...

:wacko: GO FLYERS

....jesus christ.....good game...

I'd like to be able to talk trash to the Blackhawk fans, but I really can't justify it in my head....

this series could very easily be 3-0 Chi, 3-0 Philly, 2-1 Philly or as it currently is 2-1 Chi...it really is that close of a series.

oh and does anyone know who got the puck after the OT goal :wacko:

Edited by keggerz

As a Flyers fan, this series is taking its toll on my blood pressure. Every single shift is being played at a ridiculous level, with both teams generating 2-4 minutes of sustained presure at various times of the game. Back and forth, great scoring chances, great hits, great goaltending. :wacko:

I may be looking at it thru homer-glasses, but its got to be a series the casual fan would enjoy.

Oh, and Game 4 is hugh.

I'm still struggling to figure out how we're going to win another 3 games against this team because even though the Flyers won last night, they were clearly out-played by the Hawks....

the Flyers looked sloppy, partially because of the pressure that was put on them while the Hawks constantly made crisp passes down the ice in the face of pressure and a strong fore-check....

I'd see two Flyers take on a Hawk and he'd still come out of it with the puck and make a perfect pass down ice to put on a decent scoring chance...even my sister said 'wow, they are really good" and that they looked like the better team....but other Flyer fans aren't seeing what I'm seeing when I watch the games..

I'm still struggling to figure out how we're going to win another 3 games against this team because even though the Flyers won last night, they were clearly out-played by the Hawks....

the Flyers looked sloppy, partially because of the pressure that was put on them while the Hawks constantly made crisp passes down the ice in the face of pressure and a strong fore-check....

I'd see two Flyers take on a Hawk and he'd still come out of it with the puck and make a perfect pass down ice to put on a decent scoring chance...even my sister said 'wow, they are really good" and that they looked like the better team....but other Flyer fans aren't seeing what I'm seeing when I watch the games..

there's no question the Hawks are the more skilled team, but the skilled team doesn't always win. The team that plays well together, gets better goaltending, doesn't take penalties (the Flyers two power-play goals last night were the difference)), kills penalties better, etc....is going to come out on top.

Niemi was outrageous last night, so that goes to show you how many quality chances the Flyers generated. the Flyers played them evenly in the opening period, got outplayed in the 2nd, and played them even in the 3rd. There were stretches where the Hawks were all over them , but also stretches where the Flyers returned the favor. I will say that Patrick Kane is a man, and starting to take over. His line is dominating the Flyers. Not sure how the Flyers will be able to contain them in the least when they head back to Chicago, and they can't change lines to match-up as well as they'd like.

This series reminds me a little of the 87' Oilers-Flyers series. The Oilers hated playing against a gritty, checking team....and this Hawks team has to be thinking the exact same thing you are, and the same thing the Oilers were: "We are so much more skilled....how are we not blowing them out?". That starts to wear on you after a while.

I think its going 6 or 7 games....and as a fan, loving every second of it.

there's no question the Hawks are the more skilled team, but the skilled team doesn't always win. The team that plays well together, gets better goaltending, doesn't take penalties (the Flyers two power-play goals last night were the difference)), kills penalties better, etc....is going to come out on top.

Niemi was outrageous last night, so that goes to show you how many quality chances the Flyers generated. the Flyers played them evenly in the opening period, got outplayed in the 2nd, and played them even in the 3rd. There were stretches where the Hawks were all over them , but also stretches where the Flyers returned the favor. I will say that Patrick Kane is a man, and starting to take over. His line is dominating the Flyers. Not sure how the Flyers will be able to contain them in the least when they head back to Chicago, and they can't change lines to match-up as well as they'd like.

This series reminds me a little of the 87' Oilers-Flyers series. The Oilers hated playing against a gritty, checking team....and this Hawks team has to be thinking the exact same thing you are, and the same thing the Oilers were: "We are so much more skilled....how are we not blowing them out?". That starts to wear on you after a while.

I think its going 6 or 7 games....and as a fan, loving every second of it.

don't get me wrong, the Flyers are playing well, but still have been far too sloppy with the puck to be playing in the Stanley Cup Finals...

we just have been getting under their skin and applying pressure but would probably be up if it weren't for those horrible passes that get intercepted at mid-ice...

I get frustrated at times watching them play because the Hawks seem to be all over everything and just when we're about to get something going, it gets broken up...

the Flyers must win games 4 and 5 if they want to take this series - there can't be a game 7 as I don't think they can sustain this level of play...especially with how mortal the defense looks when Pronger is not on the ice or even worse - in the penalty box...

the Flyers must win games 4 and 5 if they want to take this series - there can't be a game 7 as I don't think they can sustain this level of play...especially with how mortal the defense looks when Pronger is not on the ice or even worse - in the penalty box...

:wacko:

so what you are saying is that the Flyers have to win Games 4, 5 AND 6 (in order to avoid a game 7)?

If I was a Flyer fan, I'd be feeling quietly confident, which is what I think I'm reading here. You all want to say more than what you're typing here....so let me do it for you.

1. The Flyers have contined to be stronger the longer the game has gone in all three games

2. The Flyers forwards are absolutely mauling the Hawks best players, except Hossa

3. Pronger is doing more than his job

4. The Flyers' skill players are playing just as well if not better than the Hawks' skill players

5. The Flyers have faced the most adversity and are primed for an upset here