[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Stanley Cup Finals

buddahj

I'm feeling pretty pessimistic after the 1st period of Game 4....I would not be surprised to see the Flyers run the table now. Can't seem to understand the penalties the Hawks are continuing to take, and the Flyers forwards are far superior to the Hawks forwards.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I was a Flyer fan, I'd be feeling quietly confident, which is what I think I'm reading here. You all want to say more than what you're typing here....so let me do it for you.

1. The Flyers have contined to be stronger the longer the game has gone in all three games

2. The Flyers forwards are absolutely mauling the Hawks best players, except Hossa

3. Pronger is doing more than his job

4. The Flyers' skill players are playing just as well if not better than the Hawks' skill players

5. The Flyers have faced the most adversity and are primed for an upset here

this is the 1st game that I saw this series where I felt the Flyers out-played the Blackhawks...

the previous 3 games could have been won by either team, but I felt we were lucky to be in those games..

however, I do think a lot of the Chicago players are playing like they just want to go home at times and that they aren't playing as physical as they were the previous games....it's almost like I'm watching them :wacko:

having said all that....these games mean nothing unless the Flyers can take a road game in Chicago and if they win in Chicago, I would feel extremely confident about winning the series in game 6..

The Hawks are skating and playing like a team that wants to raise the Cup...the Flyers look beaten...I sure hope we can force a game 7 but at this point it doesn't look likely as the Hawks just look dominant...we are lucky to only be down by 1 going into the 3rd.

Edit: Looks like Hossa is going to get to hold the cup finally, too.

Edited by keggerz

Congrats to the Hawks and their fans...the better team won the game and the series, enjoy Lord Stanley's Cup

as far as the flyers go I was happy to see them fight back to get a chance to push it to 7 but it wasn't meant to be...still nothing

to hang their heads about.

the better team clearly won, it reminds me of the '87 Stanley Cup Finales where we played the Oilers as underdogs, but overachieved as a team even though we had talent to keep up, but not enough to win...

it was just unfortunate to see the game end on such a soft goal let up by Leighton, but it felt like we were postponing the inevitable anyways...

hopefully we'll see you guys there next year, but the likelihood of Pittsburgh and Washington being taken out in the 1st two rounds again seems very...unlikely..

Flyers need to get thru this lull, and get out of the 2nd period with the lead or tied....when the Hawks are pushing, they really dominate the Flyers. I wasn't sure which team was just on the powerplay.

I remember thinking the same thing. I mean jebus, you'd think they'd be able to get the freaking puck out of their own zone when they're on the man advantage!

I don't know if it was Leighton himself or a result of the play in front of him, but he looked very, very ordinary during the series.

At any rate, congrats to the Blackhawks. :wacko:

Well, in fairness, as far as his career is concerned, he is sort of ordinary. Maybe he just got hot for a while and then reverted back to form?

Congrats to the Hawks fans and also to the Flyers fans. That was one hell of a series to watch.

This will not be the Hawks last cup win during this decade. They are a great team and are very young.

Great show :tup::tup:

P.S. You can borrow the cup for a year. The Pens are going to get some defense and meet you in the finals next year. :wacko:

Congrats to the Hawks fans and also to the Flyers fans. That was one hell of a series to watch.

This will not be the Hawks last cup win during this decade. They are a great team and are very young.

Great show :tup::tup:

P.S. You can borrow the cup for a year. The Pens are going to get some defense and meet you in the finals next year. :wacko:

Menudo, this is correct but remember there is a salary cap and I've heard they are considerably over it already for next year, will be interesting for sure. The new NHL for sure.

Good series, sucks it ended on a soft goal, classic that Kane was the only one who knew it was in for a few seconds, the other guys were just trusting him that he had scored and still some guys were like, "should I celebrate". Classic ending.

Hawks cap situation is not pretty. Beach and Skille will be here, and a few will be gone, maybe Versteeg, and god forbid Sharp. Burish is trade bait. The hugh contracts given to Campbell and Huet are going to hurt this team for the next few years.

Something else to add about this team: I'll take Marian Hossa on my team any day. Period.

The hawks are a great team but like stated they could be in cap hell as soon as this off season. they only have 14 players signed with a combined payroll of 57.7 mil, which already buts them over the cap for next yeat by 700,000. Huet does not have a no trade clause , but his contract is so out there he may as well have one. campbell,keith,toews and kane all have no trade clauses, and those four are 50% of the enitre payroll.

incase anyone is interested in cap space good website that breaks it all out

http://www.capgeek.com/index.php

Glad I finally got a chance to see the Hawks lift the cup great young team and for sure will lose depth this offseason by all reports there are some good kids to come up so maybe there the depth might not get hurt to much this offseason. I keep seeing Versteeg, Sharp, Buff and Bolland being touted as trade bait with a bit of luck if one of them is gone maybe Huet is part of it to open up some space.

The hawks are a great team but like stated they could be in cap hell as soon as this off season. they only have 14 players signed with a combined payroll of 57.7 mil, which already buts them over the cap for next yeat by 700,000. Huet does not have a no trade clause , but his contract is so out there he may as well have one. campbell,keith,toews and kane all have no trade clauses, and those four are 50% of the enitre payroll.

incase anyone is interested in cap space good website that breaks it all out

http://www.capgeek.com/index.php

Good info

This is another good site...

I'll take Marian Hossa on my team any day. Period.

How bold of you. Wonder what you'd be saying if they lost the Cup. Be perfectly honest, losing 3 straight Cups in 3 consecutive years on teams that you wanted to play for, that wouldn't weigh on your opinion of Hossa?

Hossa's a great player, and now the proverbial monkey is off his back, pretty much nothing to talk about anymore. :wacko:

Repeating in this day and age is very difficult. Ask Detroit and Pittsburgh. They both had the talent to make back to back runs, neither could get the job done, and neither had the same team the year after winning the Cup. What I wouldn't have given to have Scuderi and Gil on the blueline this year.