[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Stanley Cup Finals

buddahj

Repeating in this day and age is very difficult. Ask Detroit and Pittsburgh. They both had the talent to make back to back runs, neither could get the job done, and neither had the same team the year after winning the Cup. What I wouldn't have given to have Scuderi and Gil on the blueline this year.

I'm right there with you on that one.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How bold of you. Wonder what you'd be saying if they lost the Cup. Be perfectly honest, losing 3 straight Cups in 3 consecutive years on teams that you wanted to play for, that wouldn't weigh on your opinion of Hossa?

Hossa's a great player, and now the proverbial monkey is off his back, pretty much nothing to talk about anymore. :wacko:

:tup: I never wavered, you just brought up some dumb chit jinx.

Look man, you watched the games. FInd me a better two way player who controls the puck, cycles as well as he does, and plays D as well as he does. He was one of the few "men" on the Hawks, I think Sharp was the other....the rest were really good boys, playing against a bunch of men on Philly.

If they would have lost, of course you'd have to talk about the jinx, but personally, I think he was extremely solid.

Edited by gilthorp

:wacko: I never wavered, you just brought up some dumb chit jinx.

Look man, you watched the games. FInd me a better two way player who controls the puck, cycles as well as he does, and plays D as well as he does. He was one of the few "men" on the Hawks, I think Sharp was the other....the rest were really good boys, playing against a bunch of men on Philly.

If they would have lost, of course you'd have to talk about the jinx, but personally, I think he was extremely solid.

Hossa is a great player and actually seems like a pretty good guy too.

Penguins fans will always have some dislike towards him though, and everyone should understand why. Imagine if the Blackhawks lost in 6 games to the Flyers. Hossa then left the Blackhawks for a lesser contract with the Flyers and publicly said that he signed with the Flyers because he wanted to win a Stanley Cup. That is exactly what he did to a young Penguins team. It was a slap in the face, and it felt like sweet justice seeing his head down while the Penguins celebrated winning the cup.

All of that said, I was rooting heavily for the Blackhawks during this series, and deep down, I've got no issues with Hossa winning a cup. He is a great player and deserves it.

:wacko: I never wavered, you just brought up some dumb chit jinx.

I can name two without lookng past the Red Wings roster.

Congrats to the chicago black hawks and there fans....It was definatley a fun series to watch. The better team won.

Flyers heck of a season...Who would of thought they would of made a run like this after the way this season went...Im proud to be a fan of the orange and black!