[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

World Cup 2010

alexgaddis

• Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

looking at friendly matches to get ready.

France was vastly superior to Costa Rica using their new 4-3-3 formation.

But against a better prepared Tunisia they only got a draw (france dominated the midfield, but Tunisia had a handful of real threats. More so than france).

Either way, I doubt that France makes it to the final 8.

Players you might not know to look out for on the French squad.

Mathieu Valbuena. Being touted as the new Ribery (without the statutory rape accusations) a diminutive fellow who is a good ball handler and has a nose for the net. Wasn't even a starter at his local club (olympique de marseilles) at the beginning of the season, and is now considered a real weapon on the french squad. Look for him to be brought in in the last 25 minutes of a match when France needs to score

. Though he has been touted as the new great white hope of the french team this 23 year old is clearly not liked by his teammates, and seems to lack confidence (though the designated set piece kicker, by half time other players were taking the kicks) However he is a great talent, challenges the opposition well ,and never saw a shot he wasn't willing to take. The new 433 foramtion suits him perfectly. Probably one of the linchpins of this squad

vassiriki Diaby. I doubt he will get any playing time, and is just getting practice time with the national team until his time comes. A shame really, because this Arsenal player is B I G, and a good ball handler. A nice combo. Hope he gets on the field.

Gignac was injured this year, and there is a glut of forwards on the squad (including Djibril Cisse back from the dead) so he might not get much playing time. But he has a nice move when receiving the ball with his back to the net, and is able to find space in the penalty box

Definitely hope the starting 4 at the back do not get injured, because their replacements are god awful.

Toulalan is still one of the most awkward players in pro soccer. (impossible to find highlights on youtube: there are none) his arm goes behind his back rather than in front like every other player on the planet whenever he kicks the ball.

france should get out of it's relatively easy draw, but don't see it goin beyond that

So what time will the matches be aired in the U.S.? Will they be live? I use to play soccer and enjoy watching it but not if I already know the outcome.

Schedule

Looks like all will be shown live, though some matches are on at the same time so will split on ESPN and ESPN2.

When the World Cup was in the US in 1994, my fiance (now wife) and I went to San Francisco for about 10 days. We had tickets to 3 World Cup games. I saw the US lose to Brazil 1-0. I think the most fun I may have had at a soccer game was in 1991 when I saw a friendly between Totttenham and Arsenal at Wembley Stadium.

When the World Cup was in the US in 1994, my fiance (now wife) and I went to San Francisco for about 10 days. We had tickets to 3 World Cup games. I saw the US lose to Brazil 1-0. I think the most fun I may have had at a soccer game was in 1991 when I saw a friendly between Totttenham and Arsenal at Wembley Stadium.

Never saw a World Cup but did see Pele' play in Washington D.C. I guess it must have been in the late 70's or early 80's. Got me some nice pics of him since I had a nice camera and a telescoping lens. :wacko: I wonder what I did with those pics?

Me and a bunch of my buddies decided to get together and do something equally as exciting as watching soccer. We are going to watch paint dry

im fishing

Me and a bunch of my buddies decided to get together and do something equally as exciting as watching soccer. We are going to watch paint dry

im fishing

At least paint drying is on your intellectual level. Soccer would just confuse you.

At least paint drying is on your intellectual level. Soccer would just confuse you.

Yes, all that running from 1 side to another side of a gigantic field and rarely getting a shot on goal is very hard to keep up with

stay in the boat bitch

Yes, all that running from 1 side to another side of a gigantic field and rarely getting a shot on goal is very hard to keep up with

Dude, your paisans are some of the world's best... you don't like soccer? :wacko:

Yes I know you're fishing, guido.

stay in the boat bitch

Dude, your paisans are some of the world's best... you don't like soccer? :wacko:

Yes I know you're fishing, guido.

i once brushed a bug off whomper's shoulder and he fell to the ground in agony.

by "brushed a bug" i mean "made homosexual advances," and by "agony" i mean "ecstasy."