[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

World Cup 2010

alexgaddis

• Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems that Didier Drogba (Ivory Coast) is very likely out of the World Cup after fracturing his arm in a friendly against Japan. :wacko:

(For the US, Jozy Altidore is also nursing an ankle injury he suffered yesterday in training.)

It seems that Didier Drogba (Ivory Coast) is very likely out of the World Cup after fracturing his arm in a friendly against Japan. :wacko:

(For the US, Jozy Altidore is also nursing an ankle injury he suffered yesterday in training.)

Saw the highlights of that game. Ouch. Each side produced some way over the top tackles for a friendly. There is talk that drogba could play, but this is really bad news for the cup, and for african soccer. I don't think that teams qulaified for the cup should play each other in freindlies right before the cup.

Saw Mexico spank Italy in a friendly. If Italy didn't have the sweetest draw of the tournament (slovakia, paraguay, new zealand) I would not bet on them going through, as it is I predict they will be their annoying selves, struggle through their group, and then win one or two more games in their lockdown style.

France lost to China yesterday, though not a disaster (france utterly dominated and china had two shots on goal to france's 20 odd) was not good.

Many keepers have been complaining about the ball being used for the WC, and I guess there is reason to. here is china's goal on a free kick. That is a knuckle ball if ever I've seen one. Lloris the french keeper is one of the few world class players on the french side who never makes mental mistakes, so i do have to think that the ball really does do weird things when kicked that way.

France has a pretty good draw, but seeing how well mexico played, I am not exactmly confident that we will get out of the group. France meets uruguay first, then mexico, then South Africa which could benefit from some serious referee help if it can qualify for the next round. That is why I think that the uruguay match is a must win....

I will watch, but am prepared to be dissappointed again. The US seems to hold it's own in qualifier matches, but when it comes to the World Cup, they just can't play big-boy soccer. I will be surprised if they make it through the first round---even more surprised if they score more than 3 goals doing it.

What I'm going to hate about this World Cup is having to listen to it without the volume on my TV.

All because of those stupid arse horns!!! :wacko:

I knew there was talk of banning them, but it appears that isn't going to happen. I seriously don't know if there is anything more irritating in all of soccer than the vuvuzela (the horn they use). It puts a true damper on watching the matches. The broadcasters would be wise to somehow remove or at least drown that sound out, otherwise they could destroy the experience and lose viewers because it is so obnoxious.

Edited by millerx

It seems that Didier Drogba (Ivory Coast) is very likely out of the World Cup after fracturing his arm in a friendly against Japan. :tup:

Looks like Altidore should be good to go.

Big blow to the Ivory Coast squad, but the biggest injury, at least IMO, is Germany losing Michael Ballack :wacko:

Edited by darin3

In case you can't watch while at work through espn3.com (or some other means) Univision has all the games online:

http://futbol.univision.com/fifacopamundial/partidos-en-vivo

A tiny bit choppy and obviously in Spanish, but pretty good while at work.

In case you can't watch while at work through espn3.com (or some other means) Univision has all the games online:

http://futbol.univision.com/fifacopamundial/partidos-en-vivo

A tiny bit choppy and obviously in Spanish, but pretty good while at work.

Stream in English

http://atdhe.net/20161/watch-south-africa-vs-mexico

Props to ESPN for getting Martin Tyler to call the games. :wacko: