[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

World Cup 2010

alexgaddis

• Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yellow card - ref did not even see what happened.

After watching a lot of this world cup - this sport has WAY too much ghey to it. Also convinced these guys are not that athletic - way behind american football, basketball, hockey, and baseball. Will put rugby and aussie football ahead of these guys for athleticism.

I can't get over the officiating and the pansies. How is this supposed to be exciting? Seems as though the refs don't want the Netherlands to play the whole game with a full team. Pretty shady.

Edited by mrip

yellow card - ref did not even see what happened.

After watching a lot of this world cup - this sport has WAY too much ghey to it. Also convinced these guys are not that athletic - way behind american football, basketball, hockey, and baseball. Will put rugby and aussie football ahead of these guys for athleticism.

:wacko:

:wacko:

More athletic than the sports I mentioned? They are in great shape and can run like frickin deer but these guys miss tons of chances - balls sailing 50 yards over the net - missing the ball completely - they are not the best in the world - maybe the best in the world that could not make it any better in other sports???

Can you imagine if in the NBA every single time someone went up for a rebound the player who didn't get the ball fell down and grabbed his knee? That's what I see here

NBA has no diving rules and do call technicals on that.

Can you imagine if in the NBA every single time someone went up for a rebound the player who didn't get the ball fell down and grabbed his knee? That's what I see here

Don't just look at it that way - on the other you hand you have to be amazed at the ability of these guys to heal - I mean they go down for a completely messed up ankle (based on the screaming and the fact they pound the ground in agony) - they don't call it a game - they tough it out and amazingly are running full speed again in under 5 minutes - kinda reminds me those hockey dudes that get a face full of stitches and come back and play.

More athletic than the sports I mentioned? They are in great shape and can run like frickin deer but these guys miss tons of chances - balls sailing 50 yards over the net - missing the ball completely - they are not the best in the world - maybe the best in the world that could not make it any better in other sports???

these little guys are athletic - in a cross-country, track kind of way. We know the best athletes in the US do not play soccer - I am sure Landon Donovan or Clint Dempsey didn't piss of the high school football or basketball coach by choosing soccer.......

it is what is - a cute little game played by sawed-off dudes who can jog really well and show nice bursts of speed on occasion

Just like the olympic games, there is a reason this only happens once every four years

these little guys are athletic - in a cross-country, track kind of way. We know the best athletes in the US do not play soccer - I am sure Landon Donovan or Clint Dempsey didn't piss of the high school football or basketball coach by choosing soccer.......

it is what is - a cute little game played by sawed-off dudes who can jog really well and show nice bursts of speed on occasion

Just like the olympic games, there is a reason this only happens once every four years

again, we get it. you don't like soccer. that's fine, you don't have to. many of us do.

I am so rarely right. Allow me to bask in one of the few times that this has happened.

Wow, so you predicted that there would either be a goal early or if there wasn't it would be a defensive battle. What were the odds of that happening? I would say about 75%.

Come on - It's a very fun sport to pick on - the girls that love the sport get all hissie when people make fun of it. :wacko:

I'm very used to friends and others making fun of it. But after a certain point, when one keeps jumping into a thread devoted to the World Cup, I begin to wonder if a soccer player didn't either steal his woman or sleep with his mother...while his father filmed it.