[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Green Bay Packers in trouble

General Itals

Police: Green Bay Packer accused of assault

Associated Press

Updated: 06/05/2010 04:00:18 PM CDT

LAKE DELTON, Wis. — Police in a Wisconsin town say a Green Bay Packers player is under investigation for an alleged sexual assault early today.

Police in Lake Delton, outside of Madison, have not identified the player and say no one has been arrested.

Sgt. Gerald Grimsled says police responded to a Lake Delton condo around 4:20 a.m. today on a report that two women were sexually assaulted. He says seven players were questioned and all cooperated. He says they were all released but police are still investigating whether one player was involved in both assaults.

He says the six others are not suspected of criminal activity. They are Matthew Flynn, Khalil Jones, Joshua Sitton, Korey Hall, Bradley Jones and Clay Matthews.

A message left for Packers spokesman Aaron Popkey was not immediately returned today.

According to the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel, CB Brandon Underwood is the unnamed Packers player under investigation for sexual assault in Lake Delton, Wisconsin.

Underwood "did have contact with the two females," said Sgt. Gerald Grimsled. "We were pretty sure of that. Everybody was cooperative. It comes down to 'was it consensual sex?' One side says yes, the other says no." Once Underwood's name surfaced in the incident, several teammates said "he had been a problem since he was drafted" last year. This won't sit well with coach Mike McCarthy. who cited Underwood as the team's most improved player this offseason.

POS.

He Said, She Said....doesn't matter... if they said "NO" then fry the sorry bastard. If his teammates aren't even going to back him up, then it sounds bad. Even worse if they did nothing about it and knew.

In some cases women are looking for a spotlight or $$$, but the players have a responsibility to be accountable for their actions. If you don't put yourself in that position, then you won't get in these situations.

Either way, this stinks as bad PR for the Packers who seem to be putting it all together this offseason....heck...AR is the 2nd ranked QB in many leagues right now.

**Now, if they can just beat the Vikings and Favre...LOL. I had to say it Randall and GBPFan

If true I would cut this guy and Jolly and start testing for character before drafting anyone. For someone who depends so much on the draft TT makes too many mistakes.

Getting Rodgers and Bulaga are pure luck in my opinion. He isn't that good at drafting.

Getting Rodgers and Bulaga are pure luck in my opinion. He isn't that good at drafting.

Nick Collins, Greg Jennings, Jermichael Finley, Josh Sitton, Ryan Pickett, and Clay Matthews were also very lucky picks.

POS.

He Said, She Said....doesn't matter... if they said "NO" then fry the sorry bastard. If his teammates aren't even going to back him up, then it sounds bad. Even worse if they did nothing about it and knew.

In some cases women are looking for a spotlight or $$$, but the players have a responsibility to be accountable for their actions. If you don't put yourself in that position, then you won't get in these situations.

Innocent until proven guilty is still the way things work here, IIRC. This whole thing about "don't put yourself in that position" sounds fine but these aren't Trappist monks, these are young athletes. Are they supposed to be celibate?

Innocent until proven guilty is still the way things work here, IIRC. This whole thing about "don't put yourself in that position" sounds fine but these aren't Trappist monks, these are young athletes. Are they supposed to be celibate?

I agree here. We will see what happens.

Name one red blooded young single dude (not named Hoyle) that would not put himself in the position to bang TWO chicks???

I added the Hoyle part to just give you crap.

If word comes out that he forced himself one bit then he truly is a POS. My guess is that these women put themselves in that position (no pun intended) and now maybe regret what they did??? Almost every chick I have banged also regret it when it is over. :wacko:

I agree here. We will see what happens.

Name one red blooded young single dude (not named Hoyle) that would not put himself in the position to bang TWO chicks???

I added the Hoyle part to just give you crap.

If word comes out that he forced himself one bit then he truly is a POS. My guess is that these women put themselves in that position (no pun intended) and now maybe regret what they did??? Almost every chick I have banged also regret it when it is over. :wacko:

BE NICE...Not even I would turn down two chicks if they were willing. Most likely they'd regret it too, but that would be the best 45 sec. of their life. LOL.

Either way, the players really do need to live under a different set of standards. As for the women regretting it, that may be a possibility, but the police must have had enough to interview him 2x after interviewing all players and the women.

Time will tell. I agree with cutting bait with this guy and Jolly.

If true I would cut this guy and Jolly and start testing for character before drafting anyone. For someone who depends so much on the draft TT makes too many mistakes.

Ah, the blowhard is back.

Take a look at the roster when he took over for Sherman. Take a look at last year.

Rodgers=Top 5 QB, and to not give TT credit for it is asinine.

Grant=Trade for basically nothing

Jennings=Steal for where he went

Finley=Potentially a top 3 TE receiving threat

Nick Collins=Pro Bowler year in and out. People though he reached then... Does he get credit for him?

Clay Matthews=Pro Bolwer year one. Traded up to get him, does he get credit for him?

Charles Woodson- Ted's biggest FA signing has been nothing short of genius. DPOY in 09. When he signed the majority of you thought he was done.

Ryan Pickett= Another great RFA signing, but TT doesn't deserve credit for that either... Probably just luck there too.

Randull has good ol days syndrome and needs to realize that Ted Thompson isn't the greatest thing to ever happen, but he's put this team in the best position it's been in since 97-98. To discount his Aaron Rodgers pick is absoultely asinine. Dull is getting closer to Ed Hoyle in my mind.

Time will tell. I agree with cutting bait with this guy and Jolly.

Contradict yourself in 12 words or less.

I'm in no way defending him, but are we even going to let this play out just a little bit? One of the girls denying what the other is saying is reason enough to wait and see.

Contradict yourself in 12 words or less.

I'm in no way defending him, but are we even going to let this play out just a little bit? One of the girls denying what the other is saying is reason enough to wait and see.

Wait and see..fair enough. But if there's anything true...drop him. Jolly should be as well. That one could be done now.

How many close calls did Rapelisberger have?

Like it or not, these guys need to be smart when going out. If they are dumb enough to get put in that position, they are just asking for it.

If this turns out to be a false accusation, then the girl needs to be punished as well.

Let it all fall together, but if they are more strict with some of these diva superstar players maybe they'd think a bit more.

QUOTE - PiratesOwnNinjas "Randull has good ol days syndrome and needs to realize that Ted Thompson isn't the greatest thing to ever happen, but he's put this team in the best position it's been in since 97-98."

They are in the best position since 97-98. They were also poised that way last year and didn't do it.

Let's see how they do and what excuses arise when they can't beat the Vikings both games.

Edited by Ed Hoyle

QUOTE - ButtPiratesDateNinjas "Randull has good ol days syndrome and needs to realize that Ted Thompson isn't the greatest thing to ever happen, but he's put this team in the best position it's been in since 97-98."

They are in the best position since 97-98. They were also poised that way last year and didn't do it.

Let's see how they do and what excuses arise when they can't beat the Vikings both games.

:wacko:Got it?

Yeah, that was dumb. Edited first one. Dumb Move. Pirates opened the door with the "Dull is getting closer to Ed Hoyle in my mind." That sounds like a "FlameWar" to you doesn't it? Maybe the verbal jabs are being asked for?

But, just as dumb is bashing someone who doesn't kiss the ground that TT or MM walk on. Some people just don't see them as the saviors that Pirates and others do. Fair enough they deserve some credit.

They have put a good team together, but need to take a step closer to be "elite".

Edited by Ed Hoyle

POS.

Either way, this stinks as bad PR for the Packers who seem to be putting it all together this offseason....heck...AR is the 2nd ranked QB in many leagues right now.

**Now, if they can just beat the Vikings and Favre...LOL. I had to say it Randall and GBPFan

Huh.

If found to be true, I'm quite certain Underwood will be sent packing. I'd like to get a bit more detailed information.

If found to be true, he'll be spending some time in the state penetentiary. The only "packing" he'll need to worry about will be the back-ddor variety delivered by the resident love sponge.