[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Apple WWDC

twiley

Live blog if anyone cares to follow:

Apple WWDC

"There have been a lot of stats floating around, market research, studies. Some are okay, some are questionable. I'd like to give you two pieces of data. The first is a report that just came out from Nielsen. They said what is the marketshare in the US? RIM, #1 with 35%, iPhone, 28%, Windows 19%, Android 9%... Nielsen said we're over three times the marketshare of Android."

Apple is a major rip off that is designed to constantly nickel and dime you to death after you pay 3 times the money for their media driven COOL product.

Lots of sheep out there folks.

you're such a maverick.

It's pretty hot, actually.

i would get one if att wasnt such a diaper dirtshow here in chicago

It was strange. When I first got mine, I was so pissed about the coverage here as well. Then all of a sudden, everything was fine. I've always got bars.

If the new one has a removable battery, or appreciably better battery life, I might consider upgrading once the price drops (so in 1-2 years). That's been my only issue.

i think the battery life is great as is and by the time the thing ever wears out, it's probably time for a cooler phone anyway ...

display on this one looks amazing and they now have their own A4 chip inside, same as iPad. looks like the killer app here is face time, allowing video chats displaying either the front or rear facing camera (you can switch cameras during a call ... see me ... see the kids ... see me ... etc.). only works from wi-fi to wi-fi at the moment.

The new iPhone is lighter, thinner, has a better screen, longer battery life (unconfirmed), supports 802.11 b/g/n, records 30 fps HD video (720p), and has a 3-axis gyroscope. Not sure if the camera will be better.

The new iphone is also slave to itunes and has no sd card slot.

nuff said.

The EVO is a pretty nice looking phone.

Watch out for HTC - I bought a Touch Pro (it was more expensive than an iPhone, so put that BALD FACED LIE to rest) and I must say it's the biggest waste of money I've ever spent money on. Buggy, crashy and not nearly as slick as advertised. I actually had a Spring rep tell me I was lucky I was still on my first model when I called to complain. It made me pine for my Treo 650, or even my motorola flip.

The new iPhone is lighter, thinner, has a better screen, longer battery life (unconfirmed), supports 802.11 b/g/n, records 30 fps HD video (720p), and has a 3-axis gyroscope. Not sure if the camera will be better.

5 megapixels with flash

(it was more expensive than an iPhone, so put that BALD FACED LIE to rest)

Should I feel inadequate because I just get whatever free phone Verizon Wireless gives me when I renew my plan? :wacko: