[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Apple WWDC

twiley

Not if you do a lot of browsing or playing music. As just a phone, I'm sure it would last on standby for a week, but it's far from being just a phone.

Yep, I honestly don't know how it compares to other phones with all the bells a whistles because I went straight from a "normal" phone to my iphone, but, at least without context, "great" is not the first word that comes to mind in terms of describing how long the battery lasts. If I'm doing anything more than talking and texting, I'm lucky to get through a day on one charge.

Ironically, my first one was stolen and a friend bought a new one because his "couldn't hold a charge". He offered me his old one, warning me that I'd need to keep it plugged in all the time. It seems to be no worse than my old one.

Edited by detlef

yeah, the new iphone is fine, but there certainly isn't anything groundbreaking there. it's basically apple doing its best to keep up with the droid competition, spec-wise. it's already bested by some of the newer droid handsets, like the EVO. iphone makes you tied to apple and tied to ATT. other things being equal, I think you can expect them to continue losing market share to android.

I like this comment best

The Apple sheep will line up to buy it as usual regardless of the fact that its not the best phone on the market. Why? Because thats what apple has them trained to believe. The Evo is without a question the best phone on the market and will be until Android releases the 1.5 ghz snapdragon phones later in the year. The iphone fails because 1) Locked into at&t 2) At&t is kiling unlimited data 3) The front camera can ONLY be used on wifi and not 3g 4) STILL no real multi-tasking 5) No flash 6) The SAME interface since the first iphone.

It amazes me how people keep buying those things just for a few improvements. They added 3g and sold it as a new phone... added video, copy & paste and sold it as the 3gs.. now this lol... SMH

My choice on the iPhone came down to coverage more than being a Apple fanboy (I've actually been on PCs since forever). If Verizon/Sprint weren't so spotty where I live, I'd probably have a Droid smartphone. I've been through a few iPods and iPhones, but have avoided iTunes whenever possible and used 3rd party utilities instead.

Overall, I've never had a hugh issue with the limitations of my iPhone, I never get dropped calls, and the new AT&T tiered data plan will probably save me some cash, so I can't complain too much. It's all personal preference and I hope the EVO does well just to keep the market competitive.

Apps and Internet burn my battery but I can do music and phone for several days without recharging.

Don't understand the haters ... Apple has brought all of this capability to life in such a way that other providers were then able to even come in. If you like another phone more, fine. Apple is successful for a reason ... They understand their users and they deliver. Put the whole experience together and it's tough to beat. We all should be happy that apple is out there for others to mimic.

Apple has brought all of this capability to life in such a way that other providers were then able to even come in.

hey, I give them major props. the iphone was a pretty revolutionary device. I had one for two years and the thing was great. it's just that the competition has caught up, and then some. :wacko:

Apps and Internet burn my battery but I can do music and phone for several days without recharging.

Don't understand the haters ... Apple has brought all of this capability to life in such a way that other providers were then able to even come in. If you like another phone more, fine. Apple is successful for a reason ... They understand their users and they deliver. Put the whole experience together and it's tough to beat. We all should be happy that apple is out there for others to mimic.

I made a comment very much like this just the other day.

Bless Apple and the fanboys for introducing stuff that will be free, open, and/or better for me in a year.

Mac mini for $600? No thanks... Acer Revo for under $300.

iPhone for $400? No thanks... Android G1 for $99.

OSX? No Thanks... Ubuntu 10.4.

iPad? I'll wait and see what happens. I bet Asus is making one for MS/Linux/ChromeOS for under $200 in a year. And it'll support flash.

I harbor no grudge. I do mock you though.

Edited by AtomicCEO

I like Apple. I may still get the iPhone. I don't like paying higher rates and AT&T the last time I checked seemed pretty high. I do like my Nano.

I've been spoiled with my SERO plan from Sprint. $60 a month total for two lines, 500 shared minutes, unlimited nights/weekends, unlimited texting and unlimited data. Sprint is no longer being so generous so when I upgrade my rates are going to go way up anyways, but i think still cheaper than the other carriers.

hey, I give them major props. the iphone was a pretty revolutionary device. I had one for two years and the thing was great. it's just that the competition has caught up, and then some. :wacko:

which is fine, as i said. get your droid or evo or whatever floats your boat. that elevates the whole game and keeps apple innovating.

i was referring to those that mock apple the company and refer to its loyal customers as sheep. the loyalty comes from the groundbreaking innovation and user centric design focus that has made apple probably the greatest tech company in the world ... i believe its market cap just passed microsoft. yes, you are paying more for that experience, but that's how it goes. between my macs, ipods, iphone and ipad, i've got the entire family synchronized, sharing music, photos, calendars, etc. seamlessly. there's an investment in the operating system and usage that i won't sacrifice just to jump to the latest phone who's stats happen to be higher than apple's. at then end of the day for me, it doesn't come down to one specific stat that doesn't happen to be the highest.

it's a holistic vs. linear existence. i wouldn't expect you people to understand ...

:tup:

which is fine, as i said. get your droid or evo or whatever floats your boat. that elevates the whole game and keeps apple innovating.

i was referring to those that mock apple the company and refer to its loyal customers as sheep. the loyalty comes from the groundbreaking innovation and user centric design focus that has made apple probably the greatest tech company in the world ... i believe its market cap just passed microsoft. yes, you are paying more for that experience, but that's how it goes. between my macs, ipods, iphone and ipad, i've got the entire family synchronized, sharing music, photos, calendars, etc. seamlessly. there's an investment in the operating system and usage that i won't sacrifice just to jump to the latest phone who's stats happen to be higher than apple's. at then end of the day for me, it doesn't come down to one specific stat that doesn't happen to be the highest.

it's a holistic vs. linear existence. i wouldn't expect you people to understand ...

:wacko:

C'mon Tony, quit being nice. We're elitist and proud of it.

Technology creates the illusion that we are better connected, but in fact it is tearing the social fabric to shreds. The more we become dependent on these machines, the more we lose part of ourselves. Then, when the inevitable happens -- massive blackouts from solar winds or terrorism, or the machines become self-aware and decide to attack us -- we will be completely powerless. If Apple is the innovator, then by definition they are the key contributor to our ultimate demise.

:tup:

Technology creates the illusion that we are better connected, but in fact it is tearing the social fabric to shreds. The more we become dependent on these machines, the more we lose part of ourselves. Then, when the inevitable happens -- massive blackouts from solar winds or terrorism, or the machines become self-aware and decide to attack us -- we will be completely powerless. If Apple is the innovator, then by definition they are the key contributor to our ultimate demise.

amen.

Sarah Connor: Reese. Why me? Why's it want me?

Kyle Reese: There was a nuclear war. A few years from now, all this, this whole place, everything, it's gone. Just gone. There were survivors. Here, there. Nobody even knew who started it. It was the machines, Sarah.

Sarah Connor: I don't understand.

Reese: Defense network computers. New... powerful... hooked into everything, trusted to run it all. They say it got smart, a new order of intelligence. Then it saw all people as a threat, not just the ones on the other side. Decided our fate in a microsecond: extermination.

Sarah Connor: Did you see this war?

Kyle Reese: No. I grew up after. In the ruins... starving... hiding from H-K's.

Sarah Connor: H-K's?

Kyle Reese: Hunter-Killers. Aerial and ground patrol machines built in automated factories. Most of us were rounded up, put in camps for orderly disposal.

[Pulls up his right sleeve, exposing a mark]

Kyle Reese: This is burned in by laser scan. Some of us were kept alive... to work... loading bodies into dumpsters and incinerators. The disposal units ran night and day. We were that close to going out forever. But there was one man who taught us to fight, to storm the wire of the camps, to smash those metal motherPenny Laneers into junk. He turned it around. He brought us back from the brink. His name is Connor. John Connor. Your son, Sarah, your unborn son.

I was going with apple and put up with tha At & T crap until . . . . . a professional organization I belong to just started a partnership with Sprint and I get 25% off phones and 30% off plans. :wacko:

HTC EVO here I come . . . .

Hook us up.