[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Big Time Band You Dislike

Footballjoe

Someone made a comment in another post how they thought the Eagles were really over rated. That got me thinking about how we all differ in our likes and dislikes of music. What some of us consider a GREAT band others just cannot stand. What band is that for you? I will probably take a lot of slack for mine but here it goes:

The Rolling Stones :tup::wacko:

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

early aerosmith good ... late aerosmith :wacko:

beyond some hazy days in college to dark side of the moon, i've never got into the floyd thing ... like buying records, seeing their shows, listening to them for enjoyment ...

I don't know if I actually dislike them, but Zeppelin and Skynard never got my pants tight like they did for many of my friends. I think a lot of my firends liked them because they thought they were suppsoed to.

you must not like the electric guitar b/c those 2 bands have some of the greatest solos.

any top 40.. i cannot handle the record industry as it is today.

U2...couple of their songs I like, but they were gods to most folk in the 80's...just never got it.

Bruce Springsteen...bah, humbug

Nirvana...they've got about 3-4 decent songs, the rest pretty much suck hard. Much rather listen to Creed or Collective Soul from that era.

Agree on the Grateful Dead. While I have heard some flashes of brilliance , on a whole I just cant get in to Bob Dylan as well.

I cant say that I dislike them but I can take or leave The Who as well

I give them a pass for Baba O'Riley...

And how can anyone dislike the Rolling Stones? Sure, you can hate the fact that they are constantly played over and over and over and over and over again on every f'n radio station on several planets all day long 7 days a week...but Gimme Shelter and Far Away Eyes are about as diverse from each other as you can get...surely there's something in their repertoire you like...

And dissing the Zep and Floyd will bring the bad juju to you...

Aerosmith for sure, just beyond dire.

Heresy to some but until their very late stuff e.g. Let It Be, I thought the Beatles were crap. The Rolling Stones completely pwned them musically, lyrically and in every other way too.

Funny, I'm thinking the same thing. Aerosmith (except for a song or two), REM (ditto, love Orange Crush and a couple others), Bruce Springsteen (love I'm on Fire... everything else is meh), U2 (80's stuff rules, everything since is just a Bono "I am the greatest" plug). And if you want to call the likes of Ratt, Poison and the 80's/90's hair bands as "big time", then those are all sucky too.