[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Big Time Band You Dislike

Footballjoe

Wow, lot's for sure.

Dave Mathews

Phish

Grateful Dead

REM

Genesis

Metallica

There's more.

I agree with all of them except for early Metallica.....anything they did into the 90's at all I'm not a fan of....

and I hate all grunge era music except Alice in Chains and some Soundgarden....everything else made my stomach turn

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe so many here hate Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd....I don't like them for any reason other than their music is epic, but I will say I'm not that big a fan of The Wall by Floyd, but Dark Side of the Moon is one of the few I can listen all the way through and like every song equally...

and Zeppelin.....I say this thread is sacrilegious for the hatred I've read...and the Doors as well....even though some of the songs are just plain out there...

Top of the list for me would be that massive no-talent toolbag Bon Jovi. I'm glad I got to visit the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame already because if he gets inducted I'm never going back. His prevalence on Philly radio is one reason I'm glad I have an iPod connection in my truck.

I love old Aerosmith and I think Pump is a pretty solid album. The crap they made after that is a good argument that they should go back to the booze and heroin. Although the videos with Alicia and Liv are classic.

I completely resent and despise the wave of crap rock that started in the late 90's and early 2000's, bands like Limp Bizkit, Staind, Linkin Park, Puddle of Mudd, etc. Some bands influenced by that crap continue on the airwaves to this day. Luckily the good stuff is making a comeback, lots of good young bands are gaining popularity.

I don't get Kings of Leon yet. I'm hoping they are like Soundgarden or Smashing Pumpkins for me -- I didn't get them either, and then later I did. I had some great "new" music to listen to for a while.

U2's first two albums are awesome, as well as Achtung Baby. I saw them in Atlanta in 2001 and women were passing out when Bono touched them, and the look on his face was knowing and serene, as if he was Jesus curing lepers. I'd like to see him get arrested for human trafficking.

I think Coldplay has veered dangerously close to Bono-messiah complex territory, but their first two albums will always be really meaningful to me.

Pains me to say it, but the electronic gibberish on Radiohead's last few albums just sounds like random garbage to me. Their early stuff is classic.

I completely resent and despise the wave of crap rock that started in the late 90's and early 2000's, bands like Limp Bizkit, Staind, Linkin Park, Puddle of Mudd, etc. Some bands influenced by that crap continue on the airwaves to this day. Luckily the good stuff is making a comeback, lots of good young bands are gaining popularity.

U2's first two albums are awesome, as well as Achtung Baby.

Pains me to say it, but the electronic gibberish on Radiohead's last few albums just sounds like random garbage to me. Their early stuff is classic.

This.

Pains me to say it, but the electronic gibberish on Radiohead's last few albums just sounds like random garbage to me.

Are you including "In Rainbows" in this statement? It's a bit of a step away from the more "gibberish"y stuff. If you like "The Bends" you may like it.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. . .Keith Richards ain't squat as a guitarist.

If you don't like the Doors, why would you go the movie?

:wacko:

I consider myself somewhat diverse in the music I like/listen to. Depending on the mood I will listen to anything from opera to metal. So I pretty much will give almost any music a fair chance before saying I don't like it. As much attention the movie was getting at the time I figured I would check it out. After the first 30 minutes of watching Morrison getting ripped & making a complete ass out of himself time & time again I figured the rest of the movie would continue the pattern until he finally screwed the pooch one too many times.

After the first 30 minutes of watching Morrison getting ripped & making a complete ass out of himself time & time again I figured the rest of the movie would continue the pattern until he finally screwed the pooch one too many times.

Yeah, i couldn't watch a movie of my first couple years of college.

Are you including "In Rainbows" in this statement?

Yes. Listening to this album is what I imagine it feels like to tweak out on meth, then shoot heroin to try to come down but overdo it and end up feeling like bugs are crawling on my skin. It's either frenetic insanity or a slow plodding dirge. Not saying one or two songs aren't decent, I just think they try to do way too much at times. By contrast, an album like OK Computer is still ambitious but the songs flow perfectly and it feels like the album as a whole is telling a story. Makes me wonder if they tried too hard to recapture that on later albums.

U2...couple of their songs I like, but they were gods to most folk in the 80's...just never got it.

Bruce Springsteen...bah, humbug

Nirvana...they've got about 3-4 decent songs, the rest pretty much suck hard. Much rather listen to Creed or Collective Soul from that era.

:wacko: cmon you do not like Creed over Nirvana, that is one of the funniest statements I have seen in a while- good chit

not a fan of:

Beatles

Grateful Dead

Eagles

rush - I sorta like the whole 70s prog rock thing in general, but for some reason I just can't stand rush

U2 - I like almost every band that made it somehwat big from that era more than I like U2. even their early stuff I just didn't much care for.

sex pistols - they just sound like rubbish to me. the clash sounds great, and the ramones are one of the best bands ever IMO. but the sex pistols just sound sloppy and annoying to me. contra neil young, I actually kind of like some of the "sellout" stuff johnny lydon/rotten did afterward a lot more.

the doors - everything about them just seems like a total wankfest to me, from morrison's self-fellating ego, to the crappy organ playing.

smashing pumpkins - yuck.

grateful dead - yeah I'll go ahead and list them. in theory, I like what they were about...bringing in the musicianship and bluegrass elements, the whole free-form live element. I've just never heard anything from them that grabs me and makes me pay attention. it's all just kind of blah to me.

of course, there's no accounting for taste, but some I disagree with:

nirvana - they were far from the musical saviors many in the music press tried to make them. but they were a damn good rock trio. kind of sloppy and ragged, but in a good way. wrote some good songs. simple, but very good.

REM - their albums from the mid 80s are simply about as good as rock music gets. totally unique and identifiable, great songs, great albums.

the rolling stones - are you kidding me? (same goes with led zepplin)

neil young and bob dylan - OK, I guess I can see why some folks don't like them. but these are two of the greatest songwriters of their time.

OK, not a band, but never a fan of Elvis. :wacko:

My other half would kill you on the spot for such heresy.

Truth to tell, I'm not that big a fan either song-wise but Elvis, 33 years after his death, bestrides rock'n'roll like a colossus. In three - count 'em - three different HOFs, he could flat out sing unbelievably well.

I found it hilarious that people were actually trying to put Michael Jackson on the same level as Presley when Jackson died. May as well put a street corner one-man band in there with Beethoven. They have one thing in common and one only - they are both dead.

My other half would kill you on the spot for such heresy.

Truth to tell, I'm not that big a fan either song-wise but Elvis, 33 years after his death, bestrides rock'n'roll like a colossus. In three - count 'em - three different HOFs, he could flat out sing unbelievably well.

I found it hilarious that people were actually trying to put Michael Jackson on the same level as Presley when Jackson died. May as well put a street corner one-man band in there with Beethoven. They have one thing in common and one only - they are both dead.

As would my wife. :wacko:

I'm in the same boat as you though. I greatly respect his music & there's no denying he had an unbelievable voice, but I just can't get past the cheesy jump suit & middle-aged gut Elvis. It's like two completely different people.