[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Big Time Band You Dislike

Footballjoe

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Radiohead. I just don't get it. Too whiny.

Kings of Leon. One of the few bands that I will turn off the second I recognize them. I just cannot listen to that man's voice.

I loved old U2...can't tolerate the newer stuff. This is a source of discord in my marriage. :wacko: The older I get, the more raucous and loud I like the music, go figure.

I can listen to some of almost anything and I rarely listen to a whole album of any one band at a time. Except for that screamo crap my 15 year old loves. I'm a dabbler.

The Rolling Stones :tup::wacko:

Took the first one that popped into my head. I can't stand Jaggar's voice esp.

Also

U2

Led Zep

Neil Young

AC/DC

Dave Matthews. That whiny, tinny voice, it's like a male Wanda Sykes. barf (really any band with that kind of "singer" I'll pass on)

oldest of Grateful Dead (more modern stuff's a lot better, ie about Shakedown St on up)

Nirvana

REM

PS most of those above have a song or 3 that I like, but most of it...pass....

Oh and in non-rock, I'd add Michael Buble. Some Sinatra wannabe schlep that women swoon over but who is at best an average singer on a good day.

Edited by BeeR

Greatful Dead

Doors

The Who

Jimmy Hendrix

basically the Woodstock Festival generation of music. :wacko:

I would say the Stones but I could probably put a greatest hits of theirs togehter I would listen to... it just took 'em 30+ years and tons of albums to make enough songs I could compile into a hits album. That means a lot of crap in between.

yeah, that band changed names and members quite often early on, I remember there were more than 3 members from time to time. But yes mostly known for that 3 man front. Ok, here is a history of Rush (beware rush haters, it has a constant Rush music in the background, might make u nauseated so therefore NSFW) :wacko:

http://www.erikandanna.com/Rush/history_of_rush.htm

yeah, that band changed names and members quite often early on, I remember there were more than 3 members from time to time. But yes mostly known for that 3 man front. Ok, here is a history of Rush (beware rush haters, it has a constant Rush music in the background, might make u nauseated so therefore NSFW) :wacko:

http://www.erikandanna.com/Rush/history_of_rush.htm

I don't remember there being more than three at any point but after the epic 2112 I lost interest anyway.

I don't remember there being more than three at any point but after the epic 2112 I lost interest anyway.

For all historical purposes, it started out as Lee, Lifeson and John Rutsey (who played on the self titled debut album). Rutsey left the band before their first tour and it's been Lee, Lifeson and Peart ever since. So they've always been a trio. There was some other dude playing bass before Geddy, but he's as much a part of Rush as Stu Sutcliffe is a Beatle.

Not that anyone gives a crap. . .