[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Stephen Strasburg

Do Work Son

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish I had MLB network. :tup: I just hope if can come close to the hype surrounding him.

Its crazy...i've had the mlb network on since about 6 now and the camera hasnt moved from him....he was literally surrounded by security while he was walking on the field....No pressure on him tonight :wacko:

At least they are starting him off with Pirates and AAA Orioles. He will only pitch about 90 innings this year which should get him into mid August.

There also planning on keeping him around 90 pitches tonight...unless of course, he has something special going

I didn't catch much of his debut, but I turned the game on in the 6th inning. first pitch I see, curve ball. whoa. second pitch, another curve. dayum, that is a pretty filthy pitch. third pitch, 91 mph change/split the guy swings over and misses by a foot and a half. holy schit. fourth pitch, 99 mph 4-seamer blows the dude away. poor bassturd never had a chance.

ok I think I see what all the hype was about :wacko:

Unbelievable. Sarge has had him stashed all year and now it's finally paid off. I know it's only Pittsburgh but...... :wacko:

Anyone that stashed him deserved this debut. I have the # 1 waiver in our Philly league and was tracking when they were calling him up. I thought the rule was on yahoo that a player isnt added to the database until they are officially on the roster. I went to pounce with a chit eating grin and saw he has been stashed since the draft. A gut punch indeed

He is an extremely rare talent, for sure. But to hear analysts & announcers spew over & over, that they have never seen anything like him, is just wrong. His stuff is very similar to Dwight Gooden's early years. Gooden's Uncle Charlie was dubbed "Lord Charles". The movement on their pitches is eerily similar and I haven't heard this comparison, yet.

His stuff is very similar to Dwight Gooden's early years. Gooden's Uncle Charlie was dubbed "Lord Charles". The movement on their pitches is eerily similar and I haven't heard this comparison, yet.

it's a good comparison. yeah, his curve looks a lot like doc's, similar arm angle and release point.

it's a good comparison. yeah, his curve looks a lot like doc's, similar arm angle and release point.

True 'nuff but it isn't like someone like Gooden pops up annually. Strasburg may be the biggest pitching talent to emerge in a couple decades but then again, this is one game.

True 'nuff but it isn't like someone like Gooden pops up annually. Strasburg may be the biggest pitching talent to emerge in a couple decades but then again, this is one game.

Plus it was against the Pirates , which is like facing Wichita state