[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Where were you born?

rattsass

You need to listen to your mentor Alex Jones then read what you just typed. It's like you're in a YouTube cult or something. When you look back in 10 years you might be able to see that.

I only hope I can look back on this time in our history 10 years from now. I suspect when you and your kind (those clinging desperately to the belief that the news media is actually doing their jobs) look back on this time in history, you will wonder how you could have been so gullible.

Remember, in times of war the first thing conquerers do is take over the media. There is a reason for that.

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no, but it's time to mention that using 9/11 as an example is :wacko: when nobody is talking about it...

If you don't have the facts, pound the law; if you don't have the law, pound the facts; and if you don't have either, pound the table.

Lots of table pounding going on here but precious few thoughtful paragraphs.

Red Scare, Roosevelt wanting Pearl Harbor to happen, We never went to the moon, Clinton Body Count, 9/11-What do all these have in common? They are all conspiracy theories-THEY ARE NOT REAL!!

How ironic that my kid posted this on FB last week.

fixed....you should tell your kid the difference between a conspiracy and conspiracy theory....

and fwiw, I don't believe in any of these...

If you don't have the facts, pound the law; if you don't have the law, pound the facts; and if you don't have either, pound the table.

Lots of table pounding going on here but precious few thoughtful paragraphs.

instead of doing some serious reading, the main focus has been to discredit so they can be right instead of holding out thought that there might be something to all of this...or maybe even some of it...

it's easier to just make jokes and ignore it...

no, but it's time to mention that using 9/11 as an example is :wacko: when nobody is talking about it...

I think there's a bit too much cookoo for coco puffs going on around here to get picky about the timing of a post. Besides, those links are funny as hell and it's probably never a bad time to post them. I think I'll go drop them in the latest Muto thread.

Edited by detlef

fixed....you should tell your kid the difference between a conspiracy and conspiracy theory....

You mean that Vince Foster collect phone call I got from Hell last week describing his fear about Bubba and Hillary's imminent arrival was a hoax?

I feel the perfect fool...

I think there's a bit too much cookoo for coco puffs going on around here to get picky about the timing of a post. Besides, those links are funny as hell and it's probably never a bad time to post them. I think I'll go drop them in the latest Muto thread.

That is the best you can come up with in 8 1/2 years?

I'll agree that they are funny, I even laughed when I clicked...but you're the 3rd person to bring up 9/11 in order to make fun of us "nutbags" and it would be funnier maybe, if we brought that up to support our case or whatever...

I'll agree that they are funny, I even laughed when I clicked...but you're the 3rd person to bring up 9/11 in order to make fun of us "nutbags" and it would be funnier maybe, if we brought that up to support our case or whatever...

I "brought up" 9/11 first but not specifically in connection with you or anyone else. My intent was just to point out the circular self-sustaining logic that is the lifeblood of conspiracy theorists and the ready-made claim that all evidence to the contrary of said theory is automatically a government plant, therefore the theory must always be true.

I used 9/11 only as it's one of the best-known conspiracy theories. I could just as easily have said the Illuminati, Area 51 or whatever.

Edited by Ursa Majoris

He must have googled conspiracy theories because that was still up on the computer screen when I came home. :wacko:

I "brought up" 9/11 first but not specifically in connection with you or anyone else. My intent was just to point out the circular self-sustaining logic that is the lifeblood of conspiracy theorists and the ready-made claim that all evidence to the contrary of said theory is automatically a government plant, therefore the theory must always be true.

I used 9/11 only as it's one of the best-known conspiracy theories. I could just as easily have said the Illuminati, Area 51 or whatever.

I found this in a comment section on the web from a few years ago.

Have you noticed that in the past decade or two, the amount of real, hard and factual investigative reporting has decreased? I have. Most of the "news" we get now is what could be considered "fluff". The runaway bride, Natalie Holloway in Aruba, the Scott Peterson murder case, etc. All stories reported constantly, and at great length in the national news media as national news stories. In reality, most of these stories are nothing more than lurid local crime stories - nothing of any real legitimate national interest. It's essentially "supermarket tabloid journalism" being carried into the mainstream national media. For every story such as these that are being reported, that much less investigative reporting is being done. I'm sure a lot of people would like to know more about what is going on within our government, what sort of relationships exist between government and Big Business, how vast and extensive the corruption in our government really is - none of which is being reported by the major news outlets anymore. It's almost like they've been bought off, or intimidated into keeping quiet.

My point here is that in the absense of any serious investigative reporting, conspirancy theories and theorists have appeared to fill the vacuum. I don't believe that it's a coincidence that the amount of conspiracy theories have seemed to increase with the corresponding decrease in investigative reporting. It's my belief that the two are related. Of course it's always fun to speculate, and many theories are what could be considered "way out" and not worthy of serious consideration. But just because some theories fall into this category, I don't believe that all conspiracy theories should be written off. Many past theories (as mentioned in this blog) have been proven to be true and factual - too many to write off all conspiracy theories as the ravings of the mentally unbalanced. Indeed, it has been suggested that those officials and VIPs who discount all conspiracy theories and theorists do so deliberately to hide agendas - a conspiracy theory in itself.

In light of the fact that news outlets don't really report real news anymore, conspiratorialists fill a vacuum by helping stimulate debate and investigation on topics that major news outlets are paid to ignore and keep quiet about. No, not all conspiracy theories turn out to be true - in fact many are easy to legitimately debunk - but enough of them have turned out to be true not to discount them entirely. And in the absence of investigative reporting by those who call themselves journalists, it has been left (mostly by default) to the rest of us out here to try to find the truth as best we can on our own.

If you have some time this afternoon, and you are really interested in this subject, please go to this link http://www.conspiracyarchive.com/NWO/silen..._quiet_wars.htm and read the silen weapons for quiet wars document. It is like a play by play of the ills of our society over the last half century.

For the hell of it, I went to your link and read it. My professional assessment of it is that it is among the biggest pieces of nonsense I have ever read.

Ok, so I've read through all of this diaper dirt... People in power, heads of state, business leaders, military leaders, etc... have been meeting with one anotheer for centuries. Nothing new to see here.

The one poin ton which you nailed the target is the fleecing of the American (and most probably the world) populace. The redistribution of tax money to private industry and the subsequnt hand of the government being introduced into private industry is something that is very disturbing. How the people of the US can sit back and be complacent about the bailouts received by wall street, GM, etc... is beyond my scope of understanding. To me, this is the single most sinister thing that the Bush Admin accomplished. Further, we now have an admin in office that wants to further extend these handouts, corporate/union welfare, and people are sitting back and watching it happen.

The only way to change things is to vote out all incumbents. many people may think that their guy/gal is not the problem, that it is all the others reps, but let me tell you, that thinking is what has gotten us into this situation in the first place. We need to take back the power and the way to do that is to remove those who are steeped in the Washington way, those who have entrenched themselves as the Washington elite. I ask you to please vote against your incumbent, regardless of political affiliation, vote them out. It is the only way we can begin to recover from this mockery of governance that we currently have. It will be a lost election cycle, I understand that, and the next one will be lost too, it is what we have to do to get new blood into politics. By the third cycle we can go back to electing the "most qualified" candidate, but we have to have a big shake up in the interim to put us back on a solid path. Short of marching on Washington and taking up arms, this is the only way I see to resolve our current predicament.

It took 8 FREAKING pages of dialogue but I finally hit the motherlode. THANK YOU SEC-UGA. Now, all we have to do is convince the other people on this board and we are off and running. Hallelujah.

There is a whole lot of people who agree with SEC's take without having to go through your 666 degrees of ludicrous conspiracy.

Have you noticed that in the past decade or two, the amount of real, hard and factual investigative reporting has decreased? I have. Most of the "news" we get now is what could be considered "fluff". The runaway bride, Natalie Holloway in Aruba, the Scott Peterson murder case, etc. All stories reported constantly, and at great length in the national news media as national news stories. In reality, most of these stories are nothing more than lurid local crime stories - nothing of any real legitimate national interest. It's essentially "supermarket tabloid journalism" being carried into the mainstream national media. For every story such as these that are being reported, that much less investigative reporting is being done. I'm sure a lot of people would like to know more about what is going on within our government, what sort of relationships exist between government and Big Business, how vast and extensive the corruption in our government really is - none of which is being reported by the major news outlets anymore. It's almost like they've been bought off, or intimidated into keeping quiet.

My point here is that in the absense of any serious investigative reporting, conspirancy theories and theorists have appeared to fill the vacuum. I don't believe that it's a coincidence that the amount of conspiracy theories have seemed to increase with the corresponding decrease in investigative reporting. It's my belief that the two are related. Of course it's always fun to speculate, and many theories are what could be considered "way out" and not worthy of serious consideration. But just because some theories fall into this category, I don't believe that all conspiracy theories should be written off. Many past theories (as mentioned in this blog) have been proven to be true and factual - too many to write off all conspiracy theories as the ravings of the mentally unbalanced. Indeed, it has been suggested that those officials and VIPs who discount all conspiracy theories and theorists do so deliberately to hide agendas - a conspiracy theory in itself.

In light of the fact that news outlets don't really report real news anymore, conspiratorialists fill a vacuum by helping stimulate debate and investigation on topics that major news outlets are paid to ignore and keep quiet about. No, not all conspiracy theories turn out to be true - in fact many are easy to legitimately debunk - but enough of them have turned out to be true not to discount them entirely. And in the absence of investigative reporting by those who call themselves journalists, it has been left (mostly by default) to the rest of us out here to try to find the truth as best we can on our own.

I don't disagree about the paucity of serious reporting but I put that down to the lack of attention span of the general public, the increasing vacuity of that same public, the fact that no-one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the public and the rise of the Internet.

In the case of the Internet, people who used to stand on street corners handing out leaflets and only knew two other people who shared their "truth" now have an audience of thousands simply because their range has exponentially increased and they can "know" more like-minded people.

:wacko:

yes, that's why the newspaper industry lost nearly 150,000 jobs, or almost 20 percent, from 1998 to 2008. because the publishers kept all that hush money for themselves and didn't share any of it! more likely, as ursa said, tabloid reporting sells, while long, informative investigative pieces don't. i worked with a guy at the East Valley Tribune in mesa, ariz. in 2008, he and another reporter spent six months reporting on the maricopa county sheriff's efforts to curb illegal immigration around phoenix. six months after the series ran, he was laid off, probably because he had been at the paper most of his adult life and was one of its highest paid reporters. three months after that, he and the other reporter won the pulitzer.

media outlets want to make money. they have found that sensationalistic stories generate more sales and higher viewership, while long, "boring" stories don't.

He must have googled conspiracy theories because that was still up on the computer screen when I came home. :wacko:

it doesn't matter anyways because it appears that most people don't know the difference anyways.....

There is a whole lot of people who agree with SEC's take without having to go through your 666 degrees of ludicrous conspiracy.

:wacko: you used the 666 and a ludicruos is almost lucifer... :tup:

your post leads me to believe you're in the occult...

your reasoning?

the way the document said that economic system behaves the same way as an electrical system is stupid

the notion that we have/?will have? invisible bar codes tattooed on us was even more stupid

Out of curiosity, what were the decades or centuries under which life operated beyond the reach of cabals, and powers were not concentrated in the elite, and opinions were not formed by the powerful?

Serious question.

Men in power have always seeked to conquer and control the masses to obtain money and power. That is the answer you are looking for, yes?

That this is an ongoing goal of those in power throughout history makes it no less sinister. Makes it no less evil. No less real.

I think the difference now is that our lives have become so intertwined through technology, our very existance so dependant on outside forces, our privacy so compromised, this civilization can be manipulated like no other before.

Someone mentioned getting "off the grid" as a way to escape all this control and manipulation. But how many Americans live that way - or COULD live that way? Very few I would imagine. No, we need Big Brother like never before. And to me that makes the situation just that more perilous. Especially when so many people are still under the false impression that Big Brother is working on their behalf.