[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Where were you born?

rattsass

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

U.S. citizenship can be obtained in one of four ways:

* birth in the United States or its territories

* birth to U.S. citizen parents (called "acquisition" of citizenship)

* naturalization (obtaining citizenship after an application and exam), or

* naturalization of one's parents (called "derivation" of citizenship).

Birth to U.S. Citizen Parents ("Acquisition")

In many circumstances, even though a child is born outside the United States, if at least one parent was a U.S. citizen at the time of the child's birth, the child automatically "acquires" citizenship. When this child marries and has children, those children may also acquire U.S. citizenship at birth.

The laws governing whether or not a child born outside of the United States acquires U.S. citizenship from parents have changed several times. You'll need to look at the law that was in effect on the date of the child's birth (and the parents' birth, if grandparents were U.S. citizens) for guidance. These laws differ for the following time periods:

* prior to May 24, 1934

* May 25, 1934 to January 12, 1941

* January 13, 1941 to December 23, 1952

* December 24, 1952 to November 13, 1986, and

* November 14, 1986 to present.

To read about the law that was in effect at the time of your birth, see U.S. Immigration Made Easy, by Ilona Bray (Nolo).

Edited by cliaz

I don't recall taking a position on this matter. I simply posted a link to a fresh story.

Most of you assume that I believe Obama is not a citizen. You call me a nut-job. You boycott my writing on any subject. You impale me on your pitchfork of indignance. I am a made out a book worthy of burning in your idealogical bonfire. Just for posting a legitimate news story.

Interesting.

Jumping to conclusions with sketchy supportive evidence. Very conspiracy minded thinking there.

But then I haven't earned your trust like your politicians have.

Spooky.

I don't recall taking a position on this matter. I simply posted a link to a fresh story.

Most of you assume that I believe Obama is not a citizen. You call me a nut-job. You boycott my writing on any subject. You impale me on your pitchfork of indignance. I am a made out a book worthy of burning in your idealogical bonfire. Just for posting a legitimate news story.

Interesting.

I generally don't get my legit news from obamareleaseyourrecords.blogspot.com, nor obamaistheantichrist.blogspot.com. I prefer obamaisthebestestpresidenteversothere.blogspot.com.

I generally don't get my legit news from obamareleaseyourrecords.blogspot.com, nor obamaistheantichrist.blogspot.com. I prefer obamaisthebestestpresidenteversothere.blogspot.com.

Ooooooooh....my bad....i see obamareleaseyourrecordsyousupersecretafricanbushman.blogspot.com uses as it's main source of info the highly regarded World Net Daily. Mea culpa.

Edited by CaP'N GRuNGe

lol

And Rat, we enjoy jumping to conclusions, consider yourself warned :wacko:

Interesting.

it's because we can't handle the truth. :wacko:

My wife has finally concluded that Obama isn't the anti christ. He isn't a good enough president to be the anti christ. Hillary is da bomb.

If Obama was born in Kenya, you can bet Hillary would have outed him in the primaries. I half expected some sort of "accident" to befall Obama at any time during those contested primaries.

And in the end days of human morality as we know it . A man will rise above all other men from outside of the eagle.

Woe to the huddle nation. For you all have been warned.

The eagle sheep will listen to this loser and all will go to the crapper.

From the book of cash no more.

And in the end days of human morality as we know it . A man will rise above all other men from outside of the eagle.

Insightful

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

The quatrains, they be back. :wacko:

are we talking about obama or donovan mcnabb? :wacko::tup: