[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Your favorite "chain" BBQ

rajncajn

In recent trips to Norfolk I've made Smoky Bones a frequent stop. I can't seem to get enough of their smoked baby backs with the Memphis dry rub. Until then my favorite was Corky's, but that wasn't saying much. They still don't hold a candle to a couple of the local favorites, but it's nice to know what to look for when I'm on travel & in the mood for BBQ.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In recent trips to Norfolk I've made Smoky Bones a frequent stop. I can't seem to get enough of their smoked baby backs with the Memphis dry rub. Until then my favorite was Corky's, but that wasn't saying much. They still don't hold a candle to a couple of the local favorites, but it's nice to know what to look for when I'm on travel & in the mood for BBQ.

:wacko:

In recent trips to Norfolk I've made Smoky Bones a frequent stop.

I think that was the place we went to in Charlotte. It was meh at best, IMO.

I think it boils down to what "kind" of BBQ you find the best. I am not into the whole Kansas City style BBQ. Texas BBQ, at least in my opinion, is the best. And that said, I prefer Rudy's. I mean, just look at that f'in brisket. :wacko:

it's only a local chain here in CO, but brothers bbq is pretty damn solid. the only time I've tried famous dave's is at coors field during a game, and those are some pretty good ribs.

Az, have you ever been to Smash Brothers burgers? Isnt that out in CO?

Spring Creek Barbeque. They have about 20 locations in the DFW area, another 8 or 9 in the Houston area, and one in East Texas.

:wacko: Some of the worst I've ever had. Unfortunately the DFW area doesn't represent the state well in bbq places. But Red Hot & Blue is here and of the chains is probably my favorite.

it's only a local chain here in CO, but brothers bbq is pretty damn solid. the only time I've tried famous dave's is at coors field during a game, and those are some pretty good ribs.

this.... i prefer famous dave's to brothers

Az, have you ever been to Smash Brothers burgers? Isnt that out in CO?

yeah, they're out here. and they're pretty good, though I'm not as big a fan as some.

the only one i've tried is a new one that opened 6-12 months ago (about 2-3 miles from my house). i am not crazy about their burgers. i like their chicken sandwiches though.