[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

new top top chef

Bier Meister

While I am in the camp that thinks Alex took Ed's puree, I was thinking that was drama setup by the show. Stinky drama that would paint Alex is a very poor light but I just thought they were making the best of what could have happened. The more and more I think about it, (I watched that episode again on DVR), I am convinced he took Ed's puree. Should they not just step in and kick him to the curb for something like that?

after watching the show and discovering that it was fairly apparent that alex took ed's puree, they should have taken some sort of action.

These shows started off great. They should have stuck with the formula. It's fake drama, soap opera crap now.

But, I am biased. I think man vs food could be a great show, instead it's about gluttony. The only good gluttony showcase in the world is the Coney Island Nathan's hot dog contest. But then again, I hate all of these man vs wild, man and wife vs wild, surivor man, wild man vs survivor man, man of man and wife in wild vs man vs wild, how wolves saved me from dying of cancer, and the rest of these choreographed "reality" ripoffs.

Reality TV can still be good, if it's real. Deadliest catch. I rest my case.

Heck, they sent home the black guy a few seasons ago for simply barely wrestling with Marcel with like 4 left. I can't believe they'd keep him if they knew he stole the pee puree.

Wow, double win for Tiffany this week.

Apparently Kelly likes really, really terrible bourbon.

Peace

policy

We still can't believe she didn't go home when she served children alcohol. I know it the alcohol burns off, but it still amazing they let it go without saying anything. One of the competitors said something about it, but I don't recall a judge saying a word.

But yeah, this season is a little bit more "drama" than others. It goes the way of most reality shows when the initial buzz wears off...ya gotta "jazz" it up with fluff.

I would have but I didn't see this post.

I wasn't totally surprised at Kenny getting the boot, this is not the first time that people had said he needed to simplify his dishes. Maybe he'll learn something from the experience but I doubt it. For whatever reason, many of the people in this season can't seem to combine a confidence in their abilities and the humbleness to learn something new.

You know that it is only a matter of time before Alex gets the boot. Much like Angela last season, the question is, how many more deserving chefs are going to get take out before this happens.

not sure what possessed Kenny to run with a cheese course in addition to the chocolate dessert. that seemed to be the parsnip foam on the under-seasoned dish which represented his team's effort.

still, there's so much editing in this program, it's hard to say who Padma & Co. really wanted to cut loose, and how many exec. producers felt Alex's soon-to-be-ending tenure was more compelling than Kenny v. Angelo.

and would someone please tell Gail to start dressing like the quasi-MILF she can be instead of Tom's puritan half-sister.

Kenny needed to go. He wasn't nearly as good as he thought he was.

He must be a heckuva prep chef....he sure could cut fast. I've never understood that first challenge. Does being fast with knife skills equate to a good chef?

He must be a heckuva prep chef....he sure could cut fast. I've never understood that first challenge. Does being fast with knife skills equate to a good chef?

Kenny has mad skills when it comes to the kitchen. To include taste, portions and plating. What got him the boot was his mouth and ego. The best Chefs still are humble enough to know they can still learn. Case in point, I take at least a couple classes a year that Tom Douglas puts on locally. Every class he wants questions and answers to his and actually is happily surprised when he gleens more kitchen knowledge from the participants.

Such a cool guy and a Chef that has few equals, yet humble and approachable as a longtime friend would be.

• 1 month later...