[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

lebron

dmarc117

The Heat are going to absolutely roll through the regular season, but we'll see who gets the last shot in the playoffs and what the other two think of it.

I hope they can all three play 46 minutes a game, and carry that on through the playoffs.

LeBron was in Cleveland for 7 years and that joke of a franchise never surrounded him with the necessary talent to win championships. Anderson Varajao? Please. Mo Williams? Please. Antawn Jamison? Please.

LeBron also had a lot of say in who they were bringing in. It's not as if they weren't spending money trying to build around him. And lets also not forget that LeBron quit in the playoffs.

All world talent, role player attitude. He's not a leader, and never will be. He can stop all the talk about being the first billionare athlete. This does not grow his brand at all. If anything, it hurts it. We can also stop the hype train about him being better than Jordan. Because even if the heat win, he had to go to Dwayne Wade's team to get a ring.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope they can all three play 46 minutes a game, and carry that on through the playoffs.

LeBron also had a lot of say in who they were bringing in. It's not as if they weren't spending money trying to build around him. And lets also not forget that LeBron quit in the playoffs.

All world talent, role player attitude. He's not a leader, and never will be. He can stop all the talk about being the first billionare athlete. This does not grow his brand at all. If anything, it hurts it. We can also stop the hype train about him being better than Jordan. Because even if the heat win, he had to go to Dwayne Wade's team to get a ring.

:wacko:

How may more days do we have to hear different people say the same effing thing about this? Sports radio has been ruined for a week or more. "He hurt his legacy, he did it the wrong way, he did the right thing, he abandoned a city... " I was sick of the hype before the stupid TV show about it. I didn't even watch the show.

The Tour de France is in full swing, Lefty might miss the cut at the Scottish open, some soccer tournament is ending soon, midsummer classic is right around the corner... I CANT WAIT FOR FOOTBALL SEASON TO START.

"I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE THAT THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS WILL WIN AN NBA CHAMPIONSHIP BEFORE THE SELF-TITLED FORMER ‘KING’ WINS ONE"

From the Cavs owner :wacko: I can see how he is bitter but this is a little nuts

I hope were too busy to watch the Cavs / Celtics series when LeBron quit on the team. Otherwise this is a pretty assanine statement.

You're right that he did quit in that game. Beyond weak on his part, but at that point, was the writing already on the wall?

Simmons rocks- one of myfavorites and the best sports writer by a mile - his mailbags are fn hilarious

His Thrown to the Mat in Vegas column is one of my all-time favorites. I print it out and read it any time I'm headed to Vegas.

As I mentioned above, I agree that he quit in that game against the C's, and it was weak. But please, having some "say" in who the Cavs bring in is only part of the story. I can guarantee the pool of players that the Cavs' ownership/brass was willing to look at was weak.

I do, however, agree with you that it will probably still be Wade's team. I am by no means a LeBron fan or apologist, I just find it pretty short-sighted to be up in arms over his decision. Everyone rips on athletes nowadays for going after the almighty dollar. In LeBron's case, he kinda pussed out and joined a "dream team" that will have a big-time chance at a ring. That's it.

From the Cavs owner :wacko: I can see how he is bitter but this is a little nuts

:tup: Totally, what a weetodd.

He's taken the joke that the NBA has become to an art form. A tv show to announce who he's going to grace with his "me, me, me" presence for the next few years? ridiculous. And if he really wanted to be a class act, he could just whip out his checkbook and give the boys and girls clubs the cash himself.

I remember when Jimmy Clausen called a press conference to announce that he was going to sign with . . . Notre Dame. The high school kid rode up in a stretch hummer to announce his college of choice.

Arrogance in athletes is nothing new . . . . at least he is donating the proceeds to charity from teh advertising . .

what did you think a nutkick gremlin would mean?

salt in a wound

I personally am glad this mess is over. LeEgo

knew what he was doing well before Thur

morn.

How our Owner can come off looking like the

bigger tool is beyond me.

yeah, all from a guy who just lost all the fans and his biggest star. what free agents is he going to get now? They just got dropped from making the playoffs and the owner is talking championship? what a loon, LOL.